[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else feel like their life is a video game they can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Cirw-2oXEAA8ElJ.jpg (42 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Cirw-2oXEAA8ElJ.jpg
42 KB, 600x800
It's like one of those levels where a bomb is going to go off and a timer counts down but when it reaches zero it gives you more time so it's a false threat. It keeps seeming like NEET life will come crashing down on me and I'll have to be a hobo or wagecuck but I manage to escape again and again. Soemthing always comes through to the rescue. Some neighbor goes to jail, somebody dies, somebody else in the family fucks up a d attention is drawn to them, something to grant me more forbearance.
It seems like the outside world is fake and is just alluded to but I have spent 42 years in the same house and haven't left the house in 4 years. Hoping tornado comes and wipes out all houses in the neighborhood except mine or it just kills me.
>>
Life is a video game. It was terribly designed with a lousy plot, characters who have obvious and unfair advantages over others, and it's instant death. No health bar or extra lives. Also, no quicksave feature. Shitty.
>>
File: 1413316455103.jpg (154 KB, 661x786) Image search: [Google]
1413316455103.jpg
154 KB, 661x786
I get what you mean, OP.

I keep thinking my life is going to just crash and burn and everything will be ruined, but so far, things just keep going. My enjoyment of life definitely is a downward curve, though.
>>
>>28995447
Life is unbalanced. Male and Western civilization are currently being nerfed. The in-game economy is getting harder and harder to get into. Females and minorities are getting buffed. Game environment is decaying, but bacteria are gaining alot of antibiotic resistance exp. Admins and mods are increasingly abusing their power and censoring players and the flow of information. Somehow a great deal of players still believe in the rumor of an "afterlife" expansion pack.
>>
File: 1422523477121.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1422523477121.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>28995381
>>28995476

It's weird anon, years of trying to be a productive member of society has gotten me nowhere but semi-NEETdom (I have jobs, they're just part time so I'm still broke). And yet being lazier lately I've almost gotten better luck in life. As far as random good things happening to me.

Like the multiverse was fighting against me when I was trying to be productive. It doesn't seem to fight against me being a lazy mooch though. Things weirdly keep getting better and better, marginally so, but better.

This is a feel only we understand. I can't tell the normies, they don't get it. They're all mad or disappointed with me because I'm trying in life and they don't seem acknowledge I tried and tried and tried and just gave up. There is no point in playing the game when you aren't getting anything out of it, when it lags and cuts you out of it. When everyone else has an advantage over you and their parents bought them better computers and pay for their subscriptions.

>>28995493

Poetic anon. I like you.
>>
>>28995381
Life is a video game, and you are god's player character.

It only makes sense that an omnipotent being would play the character of a NEET who's dependent on other people for survival whilst also living the most boring life ever, like the exact opposite of a power fantasy. This must also be why you are so fucked up, because god is making you go for extremely poor life choices on purpose to keep the game going.
>>
>>28995610
>There is no point in playing the game when you aren't getting anything out of it, when it lags and cuts you out of it.

Exactly this.

Once you realize this, things become a lot easier. Not caring is the most wonderful thing that can happen to a person.
>>
What would be the point of a game if there was no way of losing?, A real game has to have ways of Losing and Winning, Real life is just a shite Early Access game that needs to be pulled off of the store front page.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.