[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am i schizophrenic dude? theres no way i can be this autistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: 1437206058032.jpg (337 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1437206058032.jpg
337 KB, 550x535
am i schizophrenic dude? theres no way i can be this autistic for real. Where my schizophrenic bros at? How did you realize you were schizo?
>>
i read the wiki page and then decided i wanted to be special too.
>>
File: 1436595465917.jpg (35 KB, 597x589) Image search: [Google]
1436595465917.jpg
35 KB, 597x589
>>28995226
Whatever the fuck is wrong with me, I definitely don't want to be this way
>>
>>28995208

you're not schizo, you're just edgy

trust me, I was the same way and see it all the time in kids who are new to college or some subculture who want to think they're important by being damaged in some epic cool mental way but the real truth is only 2% of the population of the world is schizo in any way, and much less in the parts the world where you are well-off and face no strife.
>>
File: 1434185491895.gif (1019 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
1434185491895.gif
1019 KB, 500x245
>>28995292
Maybe I'm just really autistic then? You should have seen me growing up dude, I was a fucking mess.
>>
>>28995320
Elaborate on the symptoms you are showing because how the fuck else can we judge whether you are actually crazy or just worrying too much
>>
>>28995259
yeah sure, that's why you'll be here instead of with a therapist or finding a way to live around it. i'm just projecting btw. i fucking LOVE talking about myself all day.
>>
File: 1464226826602.jpg (183 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464226826602.jpg
183 KB, 960x960
>>28995208
browsing /x/ for a few years has given me some serious paranoia

>>28995320
https://youtu.be/1gXFSY37LqA

That you anon?
>>
File: 157.jpg (104 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
104 KB, 803x688
I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it because I'll look like a self-diagnosing attention seeker but I'm quite positive I'm having some kind of psychosis.

It used to be way worse a few months ago but I'm only recently thinking that maybe God isn't communicating with me and those were hallucinations, I'm not sure if it's possible for things to get better enough to realize something is going wrong if it was real schizophrenia but it's definitely not normal.
>>
File: 1439188391317.gif (1 MB, 904x742) Image search: [Google]
1439188391317.gif
1 MB, 904x742
>>28995341
Idk man, I have an unreal amount of panic/anxiety. uhhhh I don't get things like other people do, I'm kind of slow to the punch if that makes sense. I get paranoid about different things, sometimes I hear people, both usually on drugs. When I was a kid I was like hugely autistic, just violent, spergish, and weird. Like I used to be a wigger and shit. Didn't ever catch on to things like other people.

>>28995346
Fuck going outside

>>28995350
yeah I've been on /x/ for about 5 years now.
>>
File: 1441957064155.jpg (88 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441957064155.jpg
88 KB, 1000x1000
>>28995397
Yeah man I think im in that inbetween place too. I used to do a lot of stimulants and I think I have psychosis from that. Although I'm normal enough during the day when I'm not on anything
>>
>>28995454
I used to be massively addicted to alcohol when I first starting noticing things that I now realize weren't there but I've since weened myself off it. I went to a doctor at one point and they told me to stop doing weed as well for good measure, though now that I haven't been on anything for a while I feel like things have gotten worse if anything.
>>
File: 1437532087887.jpg (400 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
1437532087887.jpg
400 KB, 653x635
>>28995486
yeah, feelsbadman. I've taken like 600mgs of caffeine today. Shits rough. I used to do a lot of meth, up for weeks at a time. Longest I went was for like 10 days dude, I could legit see people, not to mention hear people everywhere I went.
>>
>>28995432
youre just autistic anon, accept it
>>
>>28995884
I cant accept it dude, I'd rather die than be this way. It fucking crushes me when I think about it. Maybe that's why I have this urge to blame it on schizophrenia or something. Fucking kill me man, for real.
>>
>>28995949
being autistic is better than being schizo. its 99% likely you have pure raging autism, which is why youre here. go to a therapist if you want a confirmation
>>
>>28996006
Why do I get shamed for being autistic everywhere I go?
>>
>>28996060
because normies view it as the same as having downs and theres nothing you can do to change their view, theyll just see you as a raging retard
>>
File: 1448250934363.jpg (20 KB, 253x318) Image search: [Google]
1448250934363.jpg
20 KB, 253x318
>dont like social situations
>isolates self from people
>when meeting new people i usually respond with 1- 5 word sentences
>when some one is telling me about something or just talking to me in general i will either not know what to say or space out during a conversation
>if someone tells me something that requires feeling good or bad i usually dont feel anything and respond with a "yeah" or "damn" depending on what they told me if i was even able to keep up with what they said
>feelings are usually non-existent
>my good friends from highschool barley talk to me anymore mostly because i dont respond to their messages and phone calls
how retarded am i?
>>
>>28996060
Trust me, it's way worse to be a schizophrenic. People will avoid you like the plague. Even those who want to help initially will most probably give up.
>>
>>28996131
Most autistic do count as mentally retarded.
>>
>>28996131
>>28996152

People with downs and schizo get more sympathy than me though
>>
Fuck off on the behalf of schizophrenics.
>>
>>28996168
Yeah but you get to not be downs or schizo.
>>
>>28996149
honestly you sound like my friend I met here. It's not bad, at least you're not a raging tard like me. Both you and him come off as just chilled, cool dudes. No other way to explain it, it's a good thing I think, maybe not to party chads, but fuck those fake shallow dumbass douches anyway
>>
>>28996168
Sympathy from afar maybe. No one wants to deal with that shit directly. People probably just see you as weird and pathetic, while they view schizos as violent and unpredictable.
>>
>>28996189
see dude, everywhere I fucking go, it's "get fucked, nobody likes you" when everyone else is doing the same or similar shit as me.
>>
>>28996213
I'd rather be seen as violent and unpredictable, than weird and pathetic.
>>
>>28996222
No you don't you idiot. At least you won't be forced in a psych ward for being an autist. I know autists with friends, while my schizophrenic great uncle had no one there for him. It was only until he went through electroshock therapy and got better that people started talking to him again
>>
File: 1464478811207.jpg (55 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1464478811207.jpg
55 KB, 848x480
>>28995208
Actually-autistic person bearing personal experience with schizoid and schizophrenic people here. I think you ought to see a professional if you're this worried, but I'll be glad to e-evaluate you with broscience. Please describe your symptoms.

>>28995320
In what ways were you a mess?

>>28995432
You need to elaborate on these. What don't you get? Social things? Argument? Logical progression? Subtlety?

>sometimes I hear people, both usually on drugs
So you have audiohallucinations when you're high. On what, though?

>When I was a kid I was like hugely autistic, just violent, spergish, and weird. Like I used to be a wigger and shit. Didn't ever catch on to things like other people.
In what sense? How were you spergish? Were you not self-aware? Did you talk at people about very compartmentalized interests? Were you cringey? Sorry, but this isn't specific enough.

>>28995397
>I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it because I'll look like a self-diagnosing attention seeker
Feel ya on that one. Find somebody to talk to anyway.

>>28996131
>because normies view it as the same as having downs and theres nothing you can do to change their view, theyll just see you as a raging retard
This is untrue, but also true. If you're autistic, you can be a phenomenal person, and people will treat you like it, but on some level I think they'll still condescend to you. I hate that.

>>28996149
I feel you on that. The truth is that you're likely not retarded, and you'd need to force it to act normally.
>>
>>28996253
I've been to the psychward. Twice. Man I'd still rather have no friends than be a little bitch
>>
>>28996271
You've been there because of autism? How come?
>>
>>28996258
>how were you a mess
I kind of described it here>>28995432

>You need to elaborate on these. What don't you get? Social things? Argument? Logical progression? Subtlety?

Yeah social things, logical progression and subtlety

>So you have audiohallucinations when you're high. On what, though?

Yes, on stimulants and weed.

>In what sense? How were you spergish? Were you not self-aware?

Yes I was not very self aware.

>Did you talk at people about very compartmentalized interests? Were you cringey? Sorry, but this isn't specific enough.

Eh not really, I was very cringey in a different way. I didn't have very focused interests like a typical autist besides drugs maybe. I was just a cringey wigger for a good period of my life.

Sorry if I'm not answering too well, I took some anti psychotics earlier and they are fucking my shit up. Can you tell me about the schizoid and schizophrenic people you know and how it differs from your autism?
>>
>>28996300
First time I was coming down from a benzo binge and my sister called my parents on me, so I punched her tv in two and they called the cops on me. Second time I was hallucinating and thinking people were coming to kill me so I called the cops, they asked if I was suicidal and I answered honestly so they took me in
>>
>>28996366
>I took some anti psychotics earlier and they are fucking my shit up.
As they are wont to do. Frankly, I don't trust those things. Never seen anybody get better from taking them.

In any case, being schizoid and being autistic are not mutually exclusive. It's entirely possible that you're both. I'm assuming that if you have access to antipsychotics, you've been "seen" by someone, so you should probably bring this up with them.

To answer your question, though, I had a good friend as a kid who was schizoid and who lost it in high school. He just seemed generally very unstable. His paranoia manifested more as a belief in things about people in his own life than it did about the government or aliens or whatever, but they did manifest. He had delusions, and I think they led him to constantly go from one extreme pursuit to another. Emotionally, he was in turmoil, and I don't know how he's doing now. Pretty sure he heard voices, too, or had visions or some shit.

Another schizoid friend I had just thought that people were out to get him, that he was being monitored, and that celebrities had more to do with him than they did. Classic. I will admit, though, that I'm not very well-read on schizophrenia. These are just my observations.

There are some pretty obvious telltale signs that let you know if a person is autistic. I'm less familiar with those than I am with schizo ones.

>>28996391
That's going to the psych ward for unstable behavior and drug abuse, not for being autistic. That would entail, say, getting thrown in the looney bin for buying seamless socks with your custom Thomas the Tank Engine credit card.
>>
>>28996490
>There are some pretty obvious telltale signs that let you know if a person is autistic.

Can you tell me what you know about that?
>>
>>28996546
You can hear it in there voice every single time.

Autistic people always have a metallic twang to their accent, even the most high-functioning autist on the planet sticks out like a sore thumb in this way compared to his non-autismo peers.
>>
File: 1458722500204.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1458722500204.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>>28996546
Sure.

>doesn't like light touch (light tapping, tracing, brushing, stroking, etc.), gets that raw feeling from it; needs firm, expected, constant pressure when touched instead
>hypersensitive to noise, touch, light, or other stimuli; reacts to them when other people don't
>can't stand certain clothing textures, tags, seams, etc.
>has trigger sounds (those sounds that shut off your ability to think rationally and send you into a white-hot rage immediately)
>has a bouncy, tiptoeing walk wherein s/he doesn't set down his/her heels and looks ready to jump all the time
>particular about his/her feet
>fidgets a lot, paces, shakes, tends to twirl or spin things
>does the hand-flappy thing (100% chance of being an autist)
>aligns objects around them so that they're "right"
>has any form of synesthesia (more common in autistic people and likely caused by a similar thing)
>has the voice; see below
>"off in his own world"
>has stereotypically autistic interests
>seemingly immune to pain but strongly affected by seemingly benign stimuli

>>28996573
Wait, "metallic?" I get that our voices are dead giveaways, but I don't understand how that can be described as "metallic." Not sure how I'd describe it, really.
>>
>>28996693
none of that really sounds like me, maybe I'm just a new kind of fucked up
>>
>>28996856
Maybe. Autism almost invariably involves some kind of sensory quirk, so if none of those resonate with you and you don't have compartmentalized interests or anything, I doubt you're actually autistic. You can still be unstable and cringey, and you might very well be a schizo, but I doubt sperg.

Then again, those are only the dead-giveaways.
>>
I had a psychotic break and a psychiatric hospitilization

I really hate all of the normies who shit up these threads saying "le self diagnose xDddd mental illness isnt real x3"
You're anonymous, you're just posting that for validation and to feel smart but you're fucking anonymous so it defeats the entire purpose, god doesn't it get old spouting your stupid fucking meme opinion?
>>
>>28996913
yeah man fuck the normies
>>
>>28996693

>>aligns objects around them so that they're "right"

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>28997033
You know when you have to set up all the objects on the desk in front of you so that their angles or edges align? That.
>>
>>28997071

That also sounds like OCD. What's the difference and when does regular orderliness become obsessive-compulsive or autistic? I'm asking because I recognize this and many others of those traits you listed.
>>
>>28996913
>I had a psychotic break and a psychiatric hospitilization

Was it stress induced? Can you share details?
>>
>>28997140
OCD is often comorbid. I'm not sure there is a difference.
>>
>>28997186
I started a temporary job and had a panic attack on the first night. Didn't go back because i'm a pussy, didn't leave my room at all for a few days, stared in the mirror for a while at one point and then completely lost touch with reality, It was on of the most horrifying experiences I've had, it felt like I was seeing everything for the first time ever, like I was just dropped onto the planet with no prior knowledge or memories and nothing was familiar to me. I started crying and hyperventilating then I got a ride to the hospital.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.