[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a couple of days ago i decided to make some life changes. the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bg_beer.jpg (290 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
bg_beer.jpg
290 KB, 2560x1600
a couple of days ago i decided to make some life changes. the biggest problem that i have is that i am an alcoholic and i dont want to be this way. i made the decision to give up drinking. i also decided to put myself on a diet and give up caffeine. my head is throbbing so much and im starving and shaking. i want to get better. and i want to make an honest attempt at being better. i dont know if i can do all three at once, does anyone think i should maybe space them out? i honestly just want to give up all together but i know that would be weak. what should my first steps be ?
>>
Take benzos or alcohol withdrawal medication and see a doctor.
>>
>>28994166
How long have you been drinking for? And how often?

You should probably just quit drinking first, then move onto the other stuff.
>>
>>28994198
i dont want to see a doctor. i trying to do this without any of my family finding out
>>
>>28994206
for the past year i have at least 6-10 beers a night. its hard to come home from work and not start drinking
>>
>>28994198
The relief the benzos will provide will only up their addictive potential by a lot.

Don't take benzos, in your state, you'll end up abusing them and dig yourself another hole. If the withdrawals you''re getting from alcohol are really bad then just taper off it. Don't quit cold turkey.
>>
>>28994216
You ever heard of doctor patien confidentiality? They won't find out.
>>
>>28994166
You can do it anon! Don't give up! Make your dreams a reality!
>>
>>28994166
Should start drinking tea or milk at least til your alcohol craving gets lower

Theres so many flavors!
It's also comfy to drink if you're in a colder area
>>
Go to a doctor, tell him you need some withdrawal meds. They'll probably give you neurontin or some other thing by itself or in combination with it.

Thankfully you've not been drinking 'a lot' by most alcoholic standards, so your withdrawals shouldn't be so bad, thankfully. Ask for a mild dose of valium to help calm your nerves for a few months to help with the shakes.

Sheer willpower is a strong thing, but something even strong folks need help. I really hate to recommend it because I thought it was a garbage cult, but if you're really hurting, go to an AA meeting or two. You don't even have to say anything, just sit and listen to all the horror stories.

I'm happy for you anon. You recognized a problem and have the balls to address it head on.

A few tips:

1. You're probably going to crave sugar, a lot. Grab lotsa fruit and keep it handy.
2. Make lists and schedules for yourself. As I said above, someone from AA will likely wanna 'sponsor' you, which means you can call them anytime you have a craving and talk it down, but what's really handy about this is you have someone who isn't a family member riding your ass about your diet and fitness level.
3. Fitness. You gotta fill the void the alcohol leaves. Some just turn to other drugs and stuff, you should turn to walking and lifting. Adopt a dog from a shelter and walk him once a day, then twice, then three times. Explore some shit with your buddy, he'll be happy and worn out by the time you get home.
4. Cravings can happen at anytime, my dad drank for so long, he still gets 'dry drunk' from time to time and he hasn't touched any in almost 5 years. nothing you can do about this bro, sorry, you're on your own for this if it happens.
5. Family is your best bet at a true recovery, or at the very least,a good support network to catch you if you fall. Cliche yes, but not everyone is strong enough to do it alone.

I'd wish you luck, but I don't believe in luck, I believe in YOU.
>>
>>28994236

thats probably not bad enough to cause DT's or seizures, but you might have some bad sleep for a week or so

if you actually do start getting serious side effects, such as super high blood pressure, hallucinations, cant walk properly, etc.. then you need to get a drink asap and either taper down to less drinks per night, or go to a doctor and do a benzo taper

it's a stupid idea to do all three at once. quit the alcohol first, and you probably won't even need to diet because removing 6-10 beers daily from your life is removing a massive amount of calories, basically a full meal
>>
>>28994166
You have too much time, son.
>>
>>28994166
I know fedoras hate AA because of higher power stuff but you should really go to AA.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.