[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl advice from those I shouldn't ask advice from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: cjfYC.jpg (150 KB, 1000x1340) Image search: [Google]
cjfYC.jpg
150 KB, 1000x1340
So here's the deal, I made a friend. She is a girl and we get along great. We're even working together in a club we started up for our uni. inb4 GET OUT NORMAN REEEEEEE. My question is: X-Men apocalypse has come out and most of my friends that are into superhero movies and stuff and out of town. I really want to see the movie, and she is technically my only option to not go alone. Should I spend money to buy her a ticket and maybe dinner afterwards? Should i spend money on girls who are just friends and won't put out at all? Have I consumed too many r9k memes that I can't treat women like anything other than mindless sex machines? Help me robots. inb4 I SWEAR TO GOD YOU FUCKING NORMIE LEAAAAVVEEEEEEEEE
>>
She is just a friend? You don't want or expect to have sex with her after?

Then just ask her to come along, why the fuck are you paying for things. ESPECIALLY dinner.
>>
>>28992246
Do it if you want to.

But if not dont.
>>
>>28992322
Yeah this op Jesus relax if ur not trying to fuck her, your probably already friend zoned anyway
>>
File: 1379339494805.jpg (1 MB, 2682x1792) Image search: [Google]
1379339494805.jpg
1 MB, 2682x1792
pretty sure I could get banned for this but God damn op you sure are a jackass
>>
File: 1464037250548.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464037250548.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>28992403
>pretty sure I could get banned for this
Oh holy shit this guy said a swear!
>>
>>28992322
I thought it was common courtesy to buy tickets for whoever you're inviting to the movies. My friends and I do this for each other. The dude that invites pays, even for dinner or food or whatever. It seems rude to say: "hey wanna come to the movies?" and then finish it with basically "purchase your own damn ticket". I'm probably austistic though so i'm probably wrong.

>>28992375
I'm not trying to fuck her. I have a girlfriend, but she's back home for a few days too and I don't want to see the movie alone. I just want her to keep me company like any of my other friends.
>>
>>28992449
>My friends and I do this for each other.
That's weird, you and your friends are weird.
>>
>>28992463
How is it weird though? If anything it seems more practical. No awkward conversation about picking seats or having everyone check in one by one when entering. Do you people just like inefficiency?
>>
>>28992403
rolling, they're all such good choices desu
>>
Dude either pay for her or don't. Point is just hangout with her. Have a friend.
>>
>>28992449
>I have a girlfriend
Are you lost, Norman? I don't think you should be here.
>>
>>28992246
I'm not sure why you think yu need to buy her ticket AND dinner if you just want to bring her

Just go alone what the fuck no one even notices except yourself

Txt her this

Hey Im gonna go see xmen at blah blah at x time, come along if you are keen

Just occurred to me maybe you meant buy her tickets because there is allocated seats in your country and you would go to the cinema or buy online early to get decent ones. That's fair. Ask her what I said about and add "let me know I'll grab you a seat and you can buy me a drink after" or "and you can pay me back later"

Inb4 people calling me a nerd for saying to pay you back

This is how people interact. People will respect you more if you are not giving shit away for free. It's fine to do a favor but it's also more than fine to expect to be paid back.

Here is an exception. If she replies along the lines that she does sound genuinely interested but is actually broke as many young people are, then up to you if you want to shout her. Dont do it expecting sex as you are retarded but just say alright np I'll get you this time buy me a drink next week.

If she's a decent person she will do exactly that, but some people are shitty and you will learn what she is. And learning that for just the cost of a cinema tickets tis well worth it imo
>>
File: bFy82IF.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bFy82IF.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>>28992687
Thanks anon. That's some pretty good advice.
>>
>>28992687
>Hey Im gonna go see xmen at blah blah at x time, come along if you are keen

id change to"

>Hey Im gonna go see xmen at blah blah at x time, you wanna come?

'keen' sounds corny, at least where i am.
do this and post response
>>
>>28993595
Think this is a cultural thing. I'm from nz and keen is used pretty universally. Changing it is probably a good idea if it sounds werid in the US
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.