[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
real mental illness thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: memes.png (6 KB, 612x528) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
6 KB, 612x528
Posting by real people diagnosed by real doctors is encouraged.

I've been a little psychotic the past few days, shit is terrible. I picked up some weed and was doing okay but now I'm out of weed. God help us all.
>>
>>28991151
>I've been a little psychotic
so did you kill/hurt anyone?
>>
just realized I don't have lithium for tonight
on 800mg seroquel so i won't be going anywhere at least
i guess i'll take a partial dose in the morning
>>
>>28991151
I'm schizoid and haven't done anything to fix myself. Don't know if that counts but I wanted to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>28991249
I'm so sorry...I was on 300mg of seroquel about a year and a half ago and I hated it, I can't even imagine 800mg
>>
>>28991253
I'm schizophrenic and Schizoid is basically that without Hallucinations or Delusions. You're still pretty fucked if you aren't self diagnosed.
>>
>>28991151
>Diagnosed with BPD and Psychosis at the funny farm
>"BPD isn't real" r9k
>"psychosis ooh so robot so real" r9k

I don't understand
>>
>>28991208
do you even know what psychotic means, m8?
>>
>>28991384
Some rowboats are more normie than others. When I tell my close friends who I don't consider normies that I wake up everyday wishing I was dead, they tell me they don't understand.
>>
>>28991285
>can't even imagine
it puts me to sleep but i'm fine the next day
it works and i don't notice it
>>
>>28991151
does anyone know if you can smoke weed with no risk of seratonin syndrome while on all kinds of psych meds?
many other otherwise mostly harmless street drugs carry that risk
>>
>>28991555
Are you getting fat?
>>
>>28991151
Yeah, because it's so fucking hard to be diagnosed with a mental disease by a doctor.
>>
>>28991555
it made me a zombie and I got rreaaaaally fat
>>
File: 1464807615157.jpg (1 MB, 1333x1871) Image search: [Google]
1464807615157.jpg
1 MB, 1333x1871
Friendly reminder that 70% of people on SSRIs are normies who aren't depressed in the slightest and shouldn't be on them. Friendly reminder that you can get diagnosed with almost any disorder if you just read off a list of symptoms from WebMD.
>>
>>28991617
You shouldn't smoke weed at all if you're prone to mental illness. Weed's just like alcohol, mostly harmless and normies can absolutely handle it. We're not the same. We should avoid any and every thing that confuses or stresses the mind.

But no, you shouldn't get serotonin syndrome from weed. Don't you get that only from amphetamines? Weed affects dopamine.
>>
Diagnosed Schizophrenic here, diagnosed at age 22. For 6 years I was solely on seroquel and a few different things, and I continued to have both positive and negative symptoms. I recently started seeing a new shrink, and she added Gabapentin to my regimen. Holy fuck, I haven't had symptoms in months. I've read all about gabapentin and no where have I found that this is a normal thing. I attribute my wellness to gaba.
Also, try to cut down on weed. It sucks, but the pot can sometimes make things worse. I use to smoke a quarter ounce a week, and worked down to about a gram on the weekend.
Stay strong there
>>
>>28991760
Cool, I have 2 robot meme disorders. Am I cool yet?
>>
>>28991770
You can get serotonin syndrome from psych meds+ acid, dmt, mushrooms, ecstasy, ketamine, benzo abuse (so i've been told), basically any stimulant, or even opiates.

I'm a good little boy and stay super sober (w long history of substance abuse). Feels good but sometimes i wonder about some of the anecdotal reports about cannabis and all the different strains. And I do miss it a bit.
>>
>>28991760
>people on SSRIs are normies who aren't depressed in the slightest

there's nothing wrong with being on an ssri when you're aren't depressed unless you're on it for depression

they have numerous approved medical uses
>>
>>28991807
What kind of positive symptoms? Describe what your average day without meds is like.
>>
Full blown schizo psychosis for me.
Been in and out of the hospital for nearly a month now..
Might be schizphrenia or schizoaffective disorder if symptoms continue.
fuck.
>>
>>28992026
Without meds, implying I did not take my "lion's dose" the previous night
>Wake up to someone screaming at me
>someone
>Look up, it is either a Rabbi, R' Eremov, or a young woman
>Lay in bed for hours trying to ignore and drown out screams
>Get up, attempt to cook something
>Mother or Father see me struggling
>Talking to R' Eremov or the young woman
>Young woman has refused to give me her name for years
>Continue to babble to myself incoherently
>Continue catatonic behavior
>Sit around talking to delusions all day
>Eventually pass out

Had very light symptoms starting at 19. I'm 25 and still live with my parents for safety.
I still lead a "normal" life. I have a girlfriend, a job that is extremely understanding (Actuary for a collegiate athletic association; i'm sure you could guess which) about my situation.
>>
>>28991760
I am beyond hope..
Schizophrenia is at least controllable.
It's not like I'm crazy 100% of the time..
Am I?
It's hard to tell sometimes.
>>
>>28992241
Keep strong anon. I've spent upwards of 5 months total in hospitals for the same and it does suck, but life will get better
>>
>>28991924
Really? Didn't know that. I'm surprised to hear about the ketamine since it's used to treat depression. I don't think my friend had to go off her meds when she got it, that would have made the whole treatment pointless.
>>
>>28992364
Thanks.. Major Depression doesn't help with my mind set and I don't feel like I can reach out to anyone. Especially when I feel like I can't trust anyone.
>>
>>28992457
Do you have any support, like a girlfriend or family? That really does help
>>
>>28991151
Been diagnosed with PTSD and BPD by two different psychiatrists
feelsbadman
>>
>>28992500
>girlfriend
>friends
I am a schizoid and don't feel connect to my family.
I think I am just making things harder but it's how I think I can't stop that.
I can act like it's fine but it's only a facade
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.