[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you want to be immortal even if it meant that you'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: kagerou daze.png (154 KB, 904x1316) Image search: [Google]
kagerou daze.png
154 KB, 904x1316
Would you want to be immortal even if it meant that you'd never get accustomed to pain, couldn't form habits, and were forced to see yourself as an anomaly in reality?
>>
>>28989574
Yeah, I want to go look at stars more than I want to experience normal human things, like owning a home or getting married
>>
File: manhattan.png (117 KB, 374x303) Image search: [Google]
manhattan.png
117 KB, 374x303
>>28989574
>never get accustomed to pain
That would mean conflict could still be appealing and I'd never get bored. Can't have happiness without pain to contrast it. So yes, I'd take this version of immortality.

If it was the other way around, that would mean I'd eventually become bored and apathetic. Even while alive, mentally I'd be dead.
>>
>>28989574
No. We are planetary entities, we don't live forever. Immortality will fuck shit up
>>
>>28989574
No because after the heat death of the universe you would never get used to the pain of suffocation. Unless you pass out permanently then I guess I wouldn't care.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 360x480
>>28989782
>mfw imagining the state of the guy who has to experience heat death and the next big bang
JUST fuck his shit up while he turns into spaghetti
>>
>>28989782
But you would also be immune to the long-term mental damage of repeated suffering.
>>
It's all I ever wish for OP, to watch everything and then after.
>>
I would sacrifice everything for this
>>
File: kU5nwR2.png (525 KB, 906x1316) Image search: [Google]
kU5nwR2.png
525 KB, 906x1316
>>28989886
Even if it means that yourself will become a bigger enigma than the universe?
>>
whats the manga op
>>
>>28990494
What is a filename.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.