[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Christian anything. This board seems really atheist, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16
File: Golden-Cross.png (230 KB, 1943x2400) Image search: [Google]
Golden-Cross.png
230 KB, 1943x2400
Ask a Christian anything. This board seems really atheist, and I wanna answer your questions.

>Inb4 god is a lie *tips fedora*
>>
does jesus have an army of females?
>>
Everything in the bible is backwards.
>>
>>28988033
Why do i go to hell when i kill myself and why did god give me such a shit life
>>
>>28988061

If you mean his army as in his following and believers then yes
>>
>>28988033
Why does God make my life a miserable pile of shit by not giving me a gf? Why did he make me like this?
>>
>>28988033
have you ever masturbated?
>>
>>28988083
Because suicide is still killing someone
>>
>>28988107
Nearly every day kek

>>28988080
If you happen to be reading it backwards
>>
>>28988122
Then why does he make my life so shit to the point were i want to kill myself
>>
File: pepe.png (142 KB, 400x601) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
142 KB, 400x601
>>28988093
are there any super cute 9.5 tomboys in that group... if so how many, do i have a chance in hell
>>
>>28988033
Why do you believe in the christian god and not say the islamic god or hindu gods or thor?
>>
>>28988122
its mercy killing yourself cos youre in a shit situation, surely its more kind and christian than letting someone (in this case yourself) suffer
>>
>>28988033
Ar u a priest or sth like it?
>>
From one Christian to another:

What evidence do you have to support the existence of a "God"

Even more-so, what reasons do you have to believe that the entity that might have attributes of a "God" be personal? What evidence that a universal creator cares about us in any way?

"faith" isn't a valid answer.
>>
>>28988145
You have an oppurtunity to fix it
>>
>>28988160
christians believe same god as muslims.
>>
The only god worth worshipping is the State.
>>
File: MTo8e26.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MTo8e26.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>28988145
I think you're supposed to be grateful about being alive and good things will come to you after you start exercising this gratitude thing towards every single fucking thing.

That being said, it's no more meme magic than meme magic itself.
>>
What's the top tier denomination?
>>
>>28988033
how do you feel so secure in your beliefs?
>>
Christianity is literally Islam in casual mode. We all know why casual mode is always frowned upon.
>>
>>28988158
There are 2.2 billion Christians on earth as of 2010 census. I'd say that means yes

>>28988168
There had to have been something before the big bang. I believe in evolution and science, but I believe in a creator of the universe
>>
>>28988033
Have you found any other Christian robots?
>>
>>28988176
>>28988222
I was raised in a controlling household as a child. I am also have been professionally diagnosed with depression and OCD by a shrink. I should be grateful for this shit and this is not something i can fix "god" put me here
>>
>>28988168
It is impossible to go forever back. You can not have current without a beginning. And therefore the beginning is god. Disprove it.
>>
>>28988251
Can we not get into trying to give "evidence" for "God's existence". Please? It's going to be a shit thread when we could've otherwise just been upfront about it being a matter of personal faith and upbringing.

Christfag-kun, please refrain from fallacy shitposting, thanks.
>>
Do you believe in libertarian free will?
>>
Everyone knows god exists and atheism is just fad made by normies to justify their degenerate lifestyles.
>>
File: 1460133091983.jpg (32 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
1460133091983.jpg
32 KB, 333x499
>>28988279
Well, you're supposed to find the good side of things, you know? Like, I'm not a christfag, obviously, but I can see the whole point behind the being grateful/thankful mentality.

Even if you've got a depression and OCD diagnosis and you had a controlling household, I'm sure that if you try a bit you can find things that are good about being brought unto this world, despite how shit it was that you didn't get to decide whether or not you wanted to be here.

Finding good, positive things about our existence, no matter how objective it is/seems to be that we'd be better off dead, will indeed bring greater "luck" upon ourselves.
>>
>>28988229
Not to be a cringy bible thumper, but faith, and my logic supports a god. I've questioned and even changed my beliefs many times

>>28988233
I disagree. Muhammed beat and raped his underaged wives. Jesus taught love and peace. Same creator, different saviors

>>28988224
Not sure desu but catholocism is way too fuckin cultish and shady for me

>>28988165
No, just thought discussing beliefs with the bots would be fun

>>28988160
Same creator by different names desu. Allah, God, Yahweh... same thing, and same creation
>>
>>28988202
Except they don't. Allah is the Muslim god, he says somethings which many Christians would disagree with
>>
I have a hard time believing in God. A lot of the "miraculous" stuff in the bible really strains my belief. Every time I try to have faith in God again I have a nagging sensation that I'm deluding myself.

wat do?
>>
File: 25061872_BG1.jpg (446 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
25061872_BG1.jpg
446 KB, 1280x720
baha
<i googled christian tomboy and this is wat came up, o god, not like this
>>
>>28988328
Isn't it the other way around you fucking idiot? I don't know about whatever shithole you happen to live in, but christfags have consistently been the shittiest people I've met and tried to form friendship with. They will also frequently practice all forms of vile actions and partake in immoral behavior more often that atheists, all because they can just confess that they did it to some bullshit priest and confidently free their minds from the weight of guilt.

Atheists have been the better people I've met throughout life, the most moral and the most dedicated to doing good by others.
>>
>>28988372
I guess it could be worse i have had a hard life but centennially not the worst but I don't see how me praying to a god can make it any better.
>>
File: 1449523376755.jpg (99 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1449523376755.jpg
99 KB, 768x576
Thread music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0Zqo-vOFM
>>
>>28988391
Just remember Jesus literally fulfilled prophecy's, he was foretold and succeeded in his deed. We know he was a real person and even if he didn't do a bunch of magic he still fulfilled lots of shit from the old testament. That should be enough right there.
>>
>>28988391
The miracles still happen today anon! Just pray asking for a personal miracle and try to mean it, and see what happens in the coming days/weeks/months
>>
>>28988426
There's bad people in every religion and race, you might just be seeing the 'Christian by name only' kind of Christians
>>
>>28988279
You have a purpose, you just haven't found it.

Its like Hodor from GoT. His purpose in life was to hold the door, it was predetermined that he would do this to save Bran and the probably the world. You just haven't found your door to hold yet.
>>
>>28988430
You don't really need to pray to a God though anon, God itself is more of a "don't feel lonely" concept to ease the minds of general populace. Practicing feelings of gratitude aren't exclusive to Christianity, obviously.

The Bible is just some sci fi shit, if I have to be brutally honest about it. Jesus was a Chad party going dude, turned water into wine and shit, legit HERO SAVED THE PARTY MEME guy.

But he had some relevant shit to say, obviously though, most of it is outdated. Then again, who doesn't have relevant shit to say? This Jesus Christ crap has been completely blown out of proportion.
>>
>>28988033
OP what does God think about race mixing
>>
>>28988383
Christianity doesn't help us robots. We've turned the cheek long enough. We can't love the normalfags and the only way to succeed is to destroy them like our brother did today by shooting them in LA
>>
>>28988478
Thanks anon that really hit me in the feels
>>
>>28988478
Oh my fucking you are the nerdiest fuck I've seen on 4chan, please kill yourself, that was fucking horrible and genuine normie advice trash. Kys.

>>28988473
There are no real Christians nowadays, or Catholics. Of course, you're going to try to argue something towards this being false, but I mean, come on lol.

>>28988433
Just remember anon, believe that some dude who predicted some shit is literally holding your afterlife hostage and that you must love the Christian God and only the Christian God, no matter what, and no other God.

Legit jealous God.
>>
>>28988524
He doesn't mind
>>
>>28988263
Not until this thread

>>28988327
Not sure of the question but I am a libertarian

>>28988389
No, he's right, it's the earthly representatives, so to speak, of abrahamic religions that sepparated them

>>28988391
The effort counts, bro. I think you'll find your beliefs in time.

>>28988392
Oh no, that is unholy kek

>>28988426
Put the fedora down, I just want to talk. There are radicals in every religion. Westboro baptist for us, ISIS for Islam, etc etc

>>28988524
I'm mixed race desu, we don't force it, but we aren't racist... most of us *glances toward the tablecloth gang*
>>
>>28988557
>There are no real Christians
There are plenty of people with real relationships with God and have real faith.
>>
>>28988033
How does it feel to know the Christianity forces you to be a niggerlover, a pussy, and a cuckold?
>>
>>28988033
Are catholics christians?
>>
>>28988383
Muhammad didn't beat his wives. You're just a hater because christanity has no rules to follow these days. Christians do literally all they want these days and that counts for 90% of them. At least most muslims follow their rules.
>>
>>28988524
I'm 1/4 paki and I wouldn't encourage race mixing. I think it bit really a concern of God as much as a simple social issue. Races have a right to exist, and I doubt God has a problem with that, he warned Israelites not to mix with others so that they would keep to their traditions. Makes sense to me
>>
>>28988589
I have a real relationship with God too and I have real faith that he's a jealous cuck.
>>
>>28988168
You can't go on and ask questions like that. He never said God exists so you can't go on and ask for evidence.
On the other hand, lets pretend someone said
>God doesn't exist
Then he has the burden of proof and is obligued to give solid evidence to support his argument.
>>
>>28988564
I doubt he would give two contradicting messages. In the Quran Allah's words are direct while in the Bible there is always a middle man
>>
What kind of Christian are you? Real Christians recognize that homosexuality it a sin and women are to be submissive and never in any position of leadership. Is that how you believe?

I'm eagerly waiting for our contemporary Benedict. I'm sick of the feminist message of le grace more abundant(only4gurls, now man up and marry those sluts, shitlords) brand of xtianity. The Bible makes women's place very clear and far from being pacifistic we are told to take up the sword, and if we don't have one to sell our cloak so we can afford one.
>>
How do you discern which stories in the bible are allegory and which really happened as they were written?
>>
>>28988033
Did you know that Mani used Epistles of Paul for his preaching?
>>
File: 1464573782466.jpg (29 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1464573782466.jpg
29 KB, 500x350
>>28988631
Not that guy but, I mean... The dude can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>28988623
Just curious, where do you get the jealous from
>>
>>28988611
Catholics are THE christians. Every other group is just a sect.
>>
File: abortion_faster.jpg (105 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
abortion_faster.jpg
105 KB, 480x375
What does the T stand for?
>>
I'm listening to the Christian emo/post-hardcore/art rock band mewithoutYou right now. What's your opinion on them?
>>
>>28988652
If they are physically impossible then they are an allegory, if they are physically possible then they happened as they were written.

It's very convenient.
>>
>>28988652
It's important with the old testament to relate it with the new testament and the good news rather than saying "this is real but this isn't"
>>
>>28988524

Seeing as black people came about as a curse, the curse of ham, and he referred to certain lineages as cursed and hated people, and instructed followers to commit genocide, the only possible conclusion is that race mixing is wrong. Why would he make different races if he wanted race mixing?
>>
>>28988680
Catholic God will send you to hell for believing in other Gods or loving anyone other than him, how is that not jealous? But maybe I shouldn't be enforcing human qualities upon a majestic all-knowing being such as God, right? :^)
>>
>>28988033
Is alcohol consumption allowed?
(I don't know if it is because I saw in a movie that it wasn't once)
If it is allowed, then why do priests abstain from it but all the other Christians still consume it?
>>
>>28988611
Sorta, they vary a lil bit tho. Vatican is pretty shady amd claims to be world christ authority

>>28988616
Read pls

>>28988650
Not sure here. I believe in ACTUAL equality, not special privelage shit from gender human transexual studies 101 class liberal bullshit
>>
>>28988033
If we don't sin, did jesus die for nothing?
>>
>>28988104
Because it's a sin to have sex before marriage.
>>
>>28988168
I'm not OP, but the reason I believe in god is purely spiritual. However, I do believe there is some factual evidence.
A very basic piece would be that, according to the fundamental laws of science, that matter cannot be created or destroyed, the creation of matter from nothing (which would go on to form the big bang) would obviously break that. Unless that matter has been around for eternity, however that breaks some laws about time.

The other reason is the creation of life itself. Its fairly common knowledge that all life has a basic genetic code inside it, similar to computer code, which instructs the organism how to survive. The first life came about due to a chemical reaction, however a chemical reaction does not carry genetic material (and if it happened to, we would have to look where that came from), so the idea that code could be created from non genetic chemicals is audacious, which leads me to believe life must have been the work of intelligent design.

Of course, these are basic theories, as they mainly revolve around 'if science couldnt do it, god must have'. But they are what they are.
>>
>>28988781
Yeah it is. Wine is used in catholic and orthodox communion, and Jesus turned water into wine for the disciples
>>
>>28988033
Why are you not an Orthodox?

>>28988616
>At least most muslims follow their rules.

Where I live, most young muslims will drink alcohol (if there's no old muslim dude around), cheat during Ramadan, and complain about women (while women will cheat on them). Which actually makes them rather human, from my point of view.
>>
>>28988557

Do you think yourself above God? He created you, you don't have a life or afterlife. They belong to him and he'll do with them as he sees fit. You are in no place to judge the morality of an all powerful all knowing all good entity that surpasses all life, time, and even existence. You can me displeased with the premise, you can even think it's not true, but if you are arguing from Christian standpoint you can't make any moral judgements or presupposition that anything he created belongs to you.
>>
>>28988426
oo vey
bignose.jpeg
>>
No offense desu but the OT is boring af. How do I push through it?
>>
>>28988680
Deuteronomy 4:24
Exodus 34:14
its pretty explicit
>>
>>28988791
Jesus was well hung, too. It says so right in the bible
>>
>>28988781
>Is alcohol consumption allowed?
In Catholicism. It is allowed. Many parts in the Bible mention how one >should drink and enjoy when in parties and with family or other events, but one should never get drunk though.
>>
>>28988635

Muhammad is a middle man. The messiah is an avatar. If anything you got your argument the wrong way around.
>>
>>28988279
I know christians are supposed to love thy neighbour, and thats something I need to work on, but dont give us that shit. I would say that about 90% of people I meet say they have been medically diagnosed with depression, either this is the death of the human race through ineptitude or people need to man up and face their problems
>>
>>28988781
>Is alcohol consumption allowed?

Being drunk is a sin but consuming alcohol with moderation is allowed. Not long ago (and probably still in some traditions), people wouldn't go to Church if they had drink alcohol.
>>
>>28988821
Not really certain senpai. Kinda still struggling to find a denomonation that fits me
>>
>>28988765
God calls himself jealous in exodus, but it's not envy rather God knowing what's best for you, which worshipping other idols/gods isn't since you'll get nothing in return compared to God's love
>>
>>28988693

Orthodox are the Christians. Roman Catholics are the result of a heretical schism.
>>
>>28988392
okay fine, if its wat god wants fine..
>>
>>28988782
M8 the >>28988616 is right af
Muhammad according to some sectarian christians yellowists had as maximum ONE "underaged" wife that was refuted by the muslim community.
And btw these marriages were in order to establish relations with other tribes not quraysh only.
>>
>>28988033
Will I go to hell for liking 2D men? I am christian myself and go to service with my mother.
>>
>>28988426
>Atheists are the nicest people out there
>you fucking idiot all christians are shitty people
You sure proved us wrong
>>
>>28988814
So basically what you're saying is that because you can't understand something, there must be a god.
Religion is based upon stupidity is what you're saying then.
>>
>>28988829
Hey, no need to be rude friend, I think God is probably an alright dude to hang out with, despite his obvious self-esteem issues, but, I mean, morality has to be human centric in order to ensure the happiness and fulfilment of human potential. God surpasses all life, time and even existence, but so do you and I, modern day science escapes you and you lack the patience to sit down and let science unfold the mystery of reality.

Instead you're sitting there passing down judgement on a harmless individual who has never harmed a single individual in his life aside from probably God's feelings for not "believing" in him.
>>
>>28988836
Relate it to the new testament, so read the NT first. There are some real gems in OT like judges though
>>
>>28988924
OP HERE AND THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD
>>
>>28988782

How do you reconcile equality with Christianity? A hierarchy is readily apparent, slavery is allowed, and equality is found nowhere outside of the very general all God's children part, which doesn't mean all children are equal, otherwise why are we told to obey the laws of man and pay taxes?
>>
File: vaelico.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
vaelico.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
What's your opinion on ancient european pagan religions?
Don't you think that christianism was forced in Europe?
>>
>>28988791

All have fallen short of the mark. If the law was enough the jews would still be God's chosen people. They kept fucking everything up though so now we have Jesus and replacement theology.
>>
>>28988430
Its not about asking for help and receiving it on a silver platter, its admitting to yourself what the problem is and that you can't do it alone. This serves more of a psychological function than a spiritual one, as once you acknowledge what the problem is you can actually begin to fix it. If he simply fixed every problem someone has without them having to work for it, there would be no free will and no reason for faith.

This is why surrendering yourself to a higher power is one of the alcoholics anonymous's 12 steps.
>>
>>28988918
Only if you masturbate.
>>
>>28988963
Slavery isn't allowed, thats stated. God helped the jews escape slavery because it is wrong. Early America didnt grasp that

>>28988973
Deus Vult kek
>>
>>28988808

He had premarital sex before he was even born? That shouldnt even count.
>>
>>28988924
>on a fucking Himalayan rock art imageboard
>against gays on a site known for trannies
>against race mixing on a site for weaboos
yeah you're not a hypocrite
>>
>>28988934
I dont think you read my post beyond a few sentences did you.
I said at the end, these theories are very basic and are based on the understanding that god fills a gap in knowledge (not I dont know something, something mankind of a whole doesnt know).

Religion certainly is not based on stupidity, because most other christians know that using god to fill scientific gaps is just a basic theory.
Science is no different, in fact that is of course where all theories come from. Identify a gap in knowledge, theorise something that could fill it within reason, and then test it. Theories like God, or the Big Bang cannot be tested, so they are left at that.
>>
File: Konosuba_03_11.jpg (373 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Konosuba_03_11.jpg
373 KB, 1280x720
>>28988924
>>28988962
>mfw classic Christian mental gymnastics.

I wish I too was so desperate for confirmation of an afterlife that I'd need to believe in a magical dude and act like he knows what's best for me or some shit. Don't you people know what's best for yourselves or something? Why is autonomy so hard?

Also, I'm pretty sure I never explicitly stated that all atheists are nice and all christians are horrible people. But then again, I never expected you to not try to mentally exercise what I said into an illogical statement.
>>
>>28988821
Well aside from the young shits that have been liberated by freedoms. Oh hell I hate normies no matter what religion they are of.
>>
I seek God and I haven't found him
>>
>>28988937
May the Balls of God slap gently upon your chin forever, for it is written, "Unless man drinks deeply of His Holy Spermulum, he will not enter unto the Kingdom of Heaven. Ye must swallow to sit on the lap of Jesus Christ our Savior." Amen.
>>
>>28988564

>Not sure of the question but I am a libertarian

A metaphysical libertarian?

Or a libertarian as in like, the Gary Johnson/Ron Paul kind of libertarian?
>>
>>28989026
you think black people are white people with a magic curse on them. I wish more christcucks would say things like this. Religion would disappear quickly
>>
>>28989021
>Slavery isn't allowed, thats stated.
Abraham had slaves
Moses had slaves
Jesus saw slavery and never spoke against it
>>
File: opoho1V.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
opoho1V.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>28989073
Seriously, fuck that nigga.
>>
>>28989025
Yes because if you go on 4chan you have to be a weeb or a tranny (its news to me that its famous for that). There is no other option that to be one of the two.

>>28989029
Lets clear up a few things
>Desperate for confirmation of an afterlife
No, not at all. The idea of an afterlife is not why I got into christianity, in fact the atheist belief seems more ideal. Theres always the thought of what if your family goes to hell, and having to deal with that pain for eternity. The atheist way is much simpler, and much less scary.

>Magical dude
He's painted like that because thats easier to understand. God is never said to actually be a a bearded man in the sky.

>To know whats best for me. Why is autonomy so hard
God does not dictate my every move, otherwise we'd know he exists. Its just a series of morals to live by, if you think thats some sort of slavery, I suggest emigrating to a country like Somalia.
>>
>>28989021
>Deus Vult kek

I don't think that's a very christian attitude of you
>>
>>28989023
Mary cheated on Joseph with the 'Holy Ghost', who was God's alter ego.
Does the bible allow for cuckoldry?
>>
>>28988814

Don't you think that if God set the laws of nature in place that would imply creating nature as well, which includes the big bang's seed and ignition? He doesn't violate conservation of matter if there is no conservation of matter or matter yet. We can also magic it away with M theory or false vacuum. The laws of nature as we know it could very well be different if everything were very different. That false vacuum thing really blows my mind though. I wish I was more smarter-er so I can understand it beyond the le bathtub drain analogy.
>>
>>28989157
From my perspective there was no Joseph!
>>
>>28989088
If you're not willing to have a proper argument, thats fine. I'd rather you didnt result to this though, its embarrassing, you'd come across much better if you just left it as is.
>>
>>28989081
Metaphysical libertarianism. Sounds trippy, I'll look into it

>>28989110
Moses was a slave

>>28989143
Truth bombs

>>28989145
LMAO

>>28989157
The holy ghost didn't actually fuck her, y'know?
>>
>>28988033
how to explain pedo priests?
>>
>>28989143
>the thought of what if your family goes to hell
Dude, I mean, trying to empathise with a statement has never been quite this hard, I sincerely and genuinely can not help but laugh at the thought of hell and anyone going to hell. Come on, cut me some slack.

>emigrating to a country like Somalia
Nice call to extremism and shit, I mean, can't you at least be nice and quiet about it and just nod and admit that you believe in God because you were raised in a religious context and so on? Ffs, evangelization is so annoying.
>>
>>28989213
People who are really messed up. Same explanations for allahusnackbar goatfuckers rly
>>
>>28989213
Some men are stupid and wicked. Easy as that.

Not all pedophiles are catholic, even less catholic priests.
>>
>>28989178
Well of course if we place God into the equation we can ignore the problems I stated with the current theories, meaning yes it is well possible that god could create the big bang and so fourth. I must admit, false vacuum is new to me, so I'll have to get reading up on that tonight, should be an interesting read so thank you for that.
>>
>>28989182
You literally said early on that black people are the result of the curse of ham. I hate niggers, but my reasons are related to their poor evolutionary trajectory. You basically hate them because big sky man say demon come out in night and demon black
>>
File: 1446683046040.jpg (40 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1446683046040.jpg
40 KB, 500x340
i think Jesus was a man who advocated the pursuit of human potential.

I cant accept the the bible is the absolute word of God. To believe any work could survive hundreds of years of being passed by word of mouth, or thousands of years of reproduction without being changed... that is just plain ignorant in my eyes.

yeah, the bible is my biggest problem with Christianity. too many people use it to dictate and Christians use it as a reference to Gods will when in fact it is just a compilation of works of men. The works that could be used to control people made the cut, and the works caused confusion or that forced people to think independently where omitted.

Christ didnt need a bible to know what is good and true, all he needed was a relationship with a divine principle that he saw both inside himself and in the world around him.
>>
>>28989213
They are the most blessed and will spend eternity in heaven.
>>
>>28989231
You are a strawman of yourself. You get no slack because you give none
>>
>>28989213
What's there to explain? They did nothing wrong and only normies are pissed off.
>>
>>28989280
Please, how am I a strawman of myself? You were the one who came around stating shit, you're the one who needs to provide the evidence, I'm just telling you you're wrong.

You have yet to prove anything to me other that what I already know about why people are religious.
>>
>>28989213
Or how to explain the holocaust or when lightning strikes a church and burns it down to the ground. And don't say that your god works in 'mysterious ways' or 'everything happens for a reason' without giving the reason .
>>
>>28989231
If you cannot even imagine a hell, I would imagine you have quite a poor brain.
But actually, you perfectly demonstrate my issue with science, or the scientific community rather.
I got into science about 10 years ago, as it was the quest for knowledge, and I loved that. Of course back then I believed in god as well, but it didnt distract me.
However, the issue is these days, the scientific community seems to have an agenda. It is no longer about discovery, its about fighting religion, and blocking your ears to the very possibility of it. Thats not the science that I got into.
>>
>>28989270
Ah, no I believe you're referring to another poster there. Fair enough, simple mistake to make
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>28988033
Why does my fork make fire?
>>
so my gf wants to abort my seed even after i told her not to, what would you do in this situation?
>>
>>28989338
Nothing about the holocaust was wrong.
Someone built the church in the wrong place and it's time had come so god destroyed it.
There you go.
>>
>>28989338
But namefag-san, I don't need to give you the reason myself, God has it all planned out, he's got this. All you gotta do is just not be a faggot, he knows what he's doing, he's done this before. He's super experienced in generating holocausts and shit, it all serves a purpose and all you have to do is just blindly follow what he says and everything will be just fine and you'll get into heaven, don't sweat the small stuff you silly goof :^))))
>>
>>28989384
The holocaust was wrong and asshole people using Jesus to look good and moral carried it out
>>
>>28988033
yeah hey why did you guys fuck up tom cruise so bad
>>
>>28989378
I would wake up because there's no way I would have sex before marriage or make her pregnant if she wanted to abort in the first place.
>>
>>28989407
Scientology did that shit senpai
>>
>>28988937

Maybe my tone was off. I meant to be confrontational but not necessarily rude.

I don't see where God has self esteem issues, I do think it's a fools errand to try and figure out his motivations. He is simply too great an entity with so much we can't even conceptualize that leads to his motivations to act or not. I think morality must be God-centric if it comes from him. We really aren't all that special, we may have his favor now but before us was the jews and before that was Lucifer. Modern day science doesn't escape us. Far from it God gave us our cognitive faculties. We are coming to understand the incredibly complex interrelated phenomena and inner workings of his creation. Time is not a factor here. A year of one man 'doing' science will lead to more understanding of the universe than an eternity of not 'doing' science.

I'm not passing judgement. I really do enjoy talking about theological shit from a Christian standpoint. It's my favorite religion.
>>
>>28989342
Dude, scientists aren't going out of their way to persecute you. You're the one going out of your way to feel persecuted because you don't want to face up to the facts.

Scientist that casually jest about catholics and the idea of a "God" aren't out there to getcha, they're just aware that "believing" in God is about faith and not about any scientific law.
>>
>>28989404
Hitler was atheist and hated jews for being jews and grabbing all the money and the only reason the jews were targeted was because they were suspected to have lost the first world war by stabbing germany in the back.
>>
>>28988836

Personally I think it's more entertaining if you read a Jewish version. Especially with Rashi's commentary.
>>
>>28989435
Oh of course not me no, sadly I dont think Im big enough in the scientific community to warrant my own mob.
I am perfectly happy with some scientists not believing in god, however its the lack of acceptance of any religious theory brought forward. Surely you cannot call shutting your ears to things you dont like a quest for knowledge. Its as ludicrous as saying censoring is the quest for free speech.
>>
>>28989384
I guess millions of people he created to only have them suffer and die horribly was just another day in the park for a merciful and loving god.
Plus, why did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? They weren't 'born'.
>>
File: Thomas114.png (34 KB, 590x427) Image search: [Google]
Thomas114.png
34 KB, 590x427
Was jesus redpilled?
>>
>>28989432
Personally speaking, I never needed a God to know of morality and to be able to distinguish good from evil and right from wrong. If anything, the lack of a God has made me a better human being, more catholic, in many ways, than a lot of catholics themselves.

I don't like the idea of a God that created our current plane of existence, I feel no need for it, I have sufficient enough patience to wait it out until I die to check for an afterlife and sufficient enough forgiveness to allow an existence without any conclusive answers and take it with stride.

I am not a resentful human being, but I am also not fond of associating fiction to matters of "Where did we come from?".

We don't need that.
>>
>>28989520
The jews tried to kill Jesus my man.
How many times do I have to tell you that the only bad part of the holocaust was that it didn't finish?

Adam and Eves children were supposed to be born and children are always engineered after their parents.
>>
>>28988158
>tomboys
see
>>28989524
>>
>>28989520
E V O L U T I O N
Adam and Eve is metaphor for the slow dissent of man after becoming "too intellegent for god".
>>
>>28989520
Christians get this a lot
'How can god be truly good if he causes so much death and suffering'
The answer to that is rather simple. Would you call earth perfect, with no pain or suffering. Clearly not, so it certainly isnt heaven. However, would you say all existence on earth is horrific pain and suffering, and there is no happiness or beauty anywhere for anyone? No, so it certainly isnt hell.
Earth is the middle ground, the proving ground if you will. Its easy to be a good person where your world is perfect, truly good people are those that can be good amongst the good and the bad.
>>
>>28989613
>atheists in my Christian thread
Stop polluting his mind and leave us.
>>
>>28989613
Please to explain why we need a God if the Bible is nearly exclusively allegory and metaphor.
>>
What makes you certain the Judeo-Christian God exists?
How can you say for certain that the many stories that make the Bible are the divine word of God, and not just works of fiction written by man?
Why does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent being need his creations to worship him?
What do Christians mean when they say to accept Christ as their savior? Savior from what? Hell? Original sin? How convenient, a religion scares you and provides a solution.
What do we need the Bible for? Morality? Law? The Code of Hammurabi predates the Bible. I feel like needing fear of God or Hell is an insult to intelligence, but people are irrational and not exactly the brightest as a whole.
Is Christianity suppose to explain the origin of the universe? Then what of science? Is science only "good enough" to build us airplanes, rockets, missiles, etc.? But if we use it to determine the age of the earth and measure objects in space, then all of sudden our methods are not valid.
And for the heck of it, if God exists, does that mean magic and witchcraft are real?
>>
>>28989654
Not all of it. The bibles purpose is to tell of salvation, not creation
>>
So me and a friend whom I've been best friends with since childhood passed away recently. Now this guy is a ray of light on humanity, good looking and good hearted, travels the world and has plenty of friends. Me on the other hand, literal human trash. Dead end job, rampant drug use, ugly as sin, pray for death every time my alarm wakes me up for work etc.

so cliche question incoming

WHY HIM AND NOT ME GOD!
>>
>>28989751
It was just his time fampai. I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>28989664
I think I've made some earlier attempts at answering many of these questions, relating to why I believe god is more than just a story, so I'll just answer one of those questions as I'm rather strapped for time at the moment

>Why does god need his creations to worship him
Well this is a difficult one to answer, me not being god of course. I believe its less worship, and more a love and gratefulness. God loves his creations, and wants them to love him back, and be grateful for the gift of life. So its less of a 'bow down before me' situation, and more the need for mutual love and respect.
>>
>>28989791
OP here just saying it's cool to see christbots
>>
>>28989751
He's in a better place now, his time just came before yours. If I were you, I'd use this opportunity to follow in his example, work hard and become a good hearted, well doing person. You only get this life once, dont waste it.
I'm sure that is what he would want from you.
>>
>>28989850
This. A million times this
>>
>>28989839
Happy to help friend, the important thing to remember is that we spread the good word, dont be too pushy or angry, however hard that might be. We have to remember, and I have been very guilty of forgetting this, that our job here isnt to win an argument. Its to help people.
>>
>>28989791
>So its less of a 'bow down before me' situation, and more the need for mutual love and respect.
WAAAT?
It literally says in the Bible to bow before God and make sacrifices in his name.
Where is the mutual respect when he just mowes humans down if they get out of line? (ex. the flood, Sodom&Gomora etc.)
>>
>>28989903
Indeed. I only get frustrated by the agressive presentation of their logic. I understand their doubts.
>>
>>28989912
the bow down before me was bad wording, I admit that, it was more to give the impression of the kind of character god is than the literal sense.
Bowing before god is a sign of respect for your creator, not the kind of bow you would do for your owner or master. As well as that, it is also about being humble.
I dont believe god has ever just 'mowed humans down if they get out of line' since the floods, and that was a little more than disobedience
>>
>>28989664

>What makes you certain the Judeo-Christian God exists?
Nothing, thin is where that faith thing you keep hearing about comes into play. If there were irrefutable proof of God it would already be published and there would be a whole lot more Christians around.
>How can you say for certain that the many stories that make the Bible are the divine word of God, and not just works of fiction written by man?
Same answer as above. It's a basic belief in our religion that the Bible is God's word given to us through divine inspiration.
>Why does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent being need his creations to worship him?
He doesn't. What makes you think he needs anything?
>What do Christians mean when they say to accept Christ as their savior? Savior from what? Hell? Original sin?
Its generally believed to refer to damnation. The wages of sin is death. If you have ever sinned you deserve to go to Hell, because God said so. Fortunately he will give us what we don't deserve if we simply accept the gift of salvation. The religion isn't what saves, the salvation or pardoning is what saves.
>What do we need the Bible for? Morality? Law?
We need the Bible because it is God's word to us. Ever since the original sin he hasn't hung out with us in physical form or talked directly to us. Morality is innate to a degree, even infants have a rudimentary sense of right and wrong. God predates Hamburgami.
>Is Christianity suppose to explain the origin of the universe? Then what of science? Is science only "good enough" to build us airplanes, rockets, missiles, etc.? But if we use it to determine the age of the earth and measure objects...
Christianity is simply a replacement of the law. Nothing more. Science is a method for understanding. Engineering is the rockets and vidya part. Science is still science if it's used for science. And yes, magic and witchcraft are real and mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>28989912
Why do atheists take the bible so literally?
>>
I just got to this thread so I don't know if Op is still here or if this has been asked before, but here is my question:

Why does God deserve to be worshiped?
>>
>>28989664
It's faith you retard. The whole point is you can't prove it.
>>
>>28990070
Then why bother believing in it?
>>
>>28988557
>Normie of thrones
>Nerdy
Go to hell.
>>
>>28989664
Thanks generic atheist website. How are atheists more of sheep than the religious?
>>
>>28990059
Because he created us, gave himself in the form of a living son for us to not face the punishment of evil, and through divine insporation had people write his word to us

>>28990101
Why bother believing that there is no god then?
>>
>>28990090
Because it's not faith if you can prove it.
>>
>>28988432
I think you meant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-8gJGT__4
>>
>>28990007
> And yes, magic and witchcraft are real and mentioned in the Bible.
Daedra worship here I come!
>>
File: st-augustine-2-1-3.jpg (111 KB, 559x407) Image search: [Google]
st-augustine-2-1-3.jpg
111 KB, 559x407
>>28990059

Short answer? Because he said so in the Bible.

If you don't believe the Bible the Christianity isn't the religion for you because it is what everything in based on. Dogma and everything else all points back to what we believe is his word. Apologetics is probably what you're looking for in your question and is too big a topic to adequately address in one post.
>>
>>28988557
Do you have anything better to do than insult people and shit up the thread with your autism
>>
>>28990120
>gave himself in the form of a living son for us to not face the punishment of evil

God created evil. God arbitrarily decided that some things were good and some things were bad. God arbitrarily decided that whatever humans did (eating an apple I guess) was deserving of the ultimate punishment.

Jesus didn't have to die. (Not that he did, anyways. Jesus is immortal. Jesus could live a million human lives if he wanted to. His "sacrifice" means absolutely nothing outside of symbolism.) God could have forgave us on his own if he wanted to.

> through divine insporation had people write his word to us

God could have chosen to give every culture in existence a clear set of instructions about his laws/what he wants from humans. Instead he chose to give his "divine inspiration" to one group, in one language, and made it vague enough that it's been the source of countless religious fracturing and wars because no one can even agree on how to interpret it. God apparently doesn't even care if we can understand his teachings.

So.. can you refute anything I just said, or tell me why God actually would deserve to be worshiped? The relationship humans have with God is more like an abusive parent than anything else.
>>
OP signing off, will check archive in the morning. Hope some minds were opened if not changed, and that this wasn't meaningless argument.

/ama
>>
>>28990146
...And? Why does something have to be provable to be good? Why is faith necessary? If you have a good president who ran the country really well, obviously everyone knows he exists, doesn't require faith to keep him in power and appreciate him.
>>
>>28990090

It is curious how every culture has had a belief in God or gods. It certainly doesn't prove anything but I think there is something to it.
>>
Why did God create people to worship him. I don't understand lol.
>>
>>28988033

Do you believe that hell is permanent?
>>
>>28990324

>Revelation 4:11
>You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.

Basically we were created for his pleasure, because he wanted to, or because he wills it.
>>
Why is Judas seen as such a bad guy if it led to Jesus's resurrection and the creation of the Holy ghost
>>
>>28990049
Because that's how it was supposed to be taken and was taken when/since it was written. The whole "le it's just allegory" meme is a recent innovation of believers to justify their dumb piece of shit holy book
>>
>>28990414
Oh, he just sounded he was bored and decided to create everything for his pleasure
>>
>>28990555
Trips speak the truth as always
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.