[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I end my fear of death? Acceptance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 567x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 567x788
How do I end my fear of death? Acceptance?
>>
>>28987848

Are you fat?

I was fat and I was getting panic attacks about it. Lost the weight, filled myself with meaningless goals and have more or less stopped thinking about that.
>>
>>28987889
>Are you fat?
Maybe.
Does it not scare you that you will one be dead? I envy you.
>>
>>28987927

Of course it scares me. I choose to avoid the subject altogether. When I talk about it now, I am keeping myself distracted by mentally playing music in my head and focused on artistic things I do. I keep myself aloof as possible and never spend one moment seriously thinking about it. I am not even looking at what I am typing just so I can avoid focusing on it.
>>
>>28987992
Does it work for you? I keep thinking that I should conquer my fear. Or is it unconquerable?
>>
>>28987848
Be born with a personality so unwilling to forgive yourself that in time, the growing number of shortcomings you become aware of in yourself, combined with the burn out from conquering the few that you did overcome, make you numb to the point of no longer caring about the future of the things and people you care for.
>>
>>28988055

It's unconquerable, it's only natural to fear this real unknown, and it's a fear all of us have in common. Even the hardcore atheists and the religious fear it. The best any of us can do is to make the time we have worth while.

And for god sake, if you're fat, or chubby, lose the weight. Keep yourself in your prime for as long as possible. And trust me, working out is the ultimate existential crisis suppressor. All those natural drugs lighting up your brain makes it hard to not focus on those sorts of things.
>>
>>28987848
Listen.

I used to do a bunch of drugs and this MAY have something to do with it, but the ONLY thing you can really do, is accept it, and accept the fact that no matter what you do or try to do or hope will happen, death will occur. Theres no way around it, and as everyone is born, everyone dies. But whats to say thats a bad thing? you have NO idea what happens in the after life. You can go to heaven.. you can go to hell. You can be reborn, you can be living the same life over and over and not know. there is NOTHING you can do to change it. Just accept it, and basically dont think about it. That is the only way you will be able to keep yourself from going insane. I used to BUG about it all the time, but once i just dealt with it, and accepted it, it has been alot better.
>>
Accept the Christ in your heart, faggot.
>>
>>28987848
>How do I end my fear of death?
Get really depressed.
>>
>>28988331
Well, you're not wrong.
But I don't want to be depressed or have this lingering fear
>>
File: 1460868560795.png (383 KB, 640x647) Image search: [Google]
1460868560795.png
383 KB, 640x647
>have no friends
>have no gf
>have no job
>live in parents basement
hope everyday I don't wake up next day
>>
>>28987848
You have to realise that life isn't worth living and that with all the suffering it would actually be better to not exist and feel nothing.
It's a scary thought at first but you'll get there.
It's hard because life is so addictive, it's not easy to leave it behind. Like the junkie destroying his life with hard drugs he knows they cause him so much suffering yet he can't let go, waiting for where that next sweet hit is going to come from.
Open your mind, read some philosophy. Look at The World as Will and Representation and stuff.
>>
>>28987848
use psychedelic drugs. I now look forward to death.
>>
You need to realize that you're treating it as more than what it is. You don't hold any other instinct with the same romanticism.
>>
start believing in the afterlife
>>
>>28987927
>>28987992
When you die you return where you came from before you were born, as everything in nature is cyclical, even the incarnation of a single individual perspective comes and goes.

You should more likely fear pain rather than death itself, as pain can damage you to a deeper level, maybe beyond death if you believe in the afterlife as if it was a dream-like state.
>>
>>28989874
So basically it's like Mr. Bones Wild Ride but with breaks?
>>
>>28989939
Like a short break to return to the beginning of the ride and mount again.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 863x752
>>28989984
Kind of like the universe, huh?
Thanks anon, your post is what I needed, it helps alot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.