[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How comfy is the NEET life?seriously considering giving up, getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1461304204707s~2~2.jpg (12 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1461304204707s~2~2.jpg
12 KB, 238x192
How comfy is the NEET life?seriously considering giving up, getting all comfy smoking/getting drunk and playing video games
>>
You could do worse...
>>
i dont see being neet as a choice
>>
>>28986479
it would be quite comfy without the crippling depression, chronic masturbation and loneliness

don't do it unless you're 100% sure you can't work your way to normiedom
>>
I've been one for a long time, was only fun for the first year or so. It'll be a lot better if you have people to talk to. I don't so it's pretty shitty.
>>
Depressing and embarrassing, gives you anxiety and takes away the last feelings of self worth.
>>
Here's the thing: to lead a comfortable NEET life, you need to keep productive and not just sit around jerking off and getting fucked up and playing games. All that will lead to is fall down into a downward spiral of depression and destructive behavior. Take time every day to work on a hobby, exercise, do chores, and get some fresh air. If you want to be a happy NEET, you have to be a healthy NEET.
>>
>>28986587
The idea of smoking/drinking playing vidya all day seems comfy af
>>
>>28987028
Oh undeniably. Its great for the first year, maybe even the second if its like heroin to you. But after awhile, you realize you are an uninteresting piece of shit who is stuck only doing a few things. The fun of indulging your every desire comes at a price. You have to begin avoiding people because your life is so embarrassing which results in low self-esteem and a degree of loneliness. Also you will begin thinking about all sorts of existensial problems that humans are not meant to think about. You will go down the rabbit hole and no longer be able to relate to other normies.
>>
>>28987028
It is at first. But then you start getting bored and games stop being so fun and you start drinking and chain smoking every day just to have something to do. After a couple of months spinning your wheels and doing nothing productive, you'll start to realize that you don't really want to do anything but sit at home half heartedly playing games and drinking and smoking. Nothing sounds fun or interesting and you can't really imagine a life different than how things are now. You wake up in haze every day and go through the same motions of passing time until you can go to bed again. The months become years and now you've managed to stagnate to a degree that you can't function normally. You become depressed and anxious and ashamed of what you've become. Leaving the house is frightening and just the idea of interacting with other people is enough to send you right to the bottle. It's at a point now that you're just rotting away in your own home and have resigned yourself to just waiting for your death. Suicide might even begin to sound more and more appealing as a way to just break free of this trap you've created for yourself. It's a hellish existence and you'll only have yourself to blame for allowing yourself to sleep so far under.
But hey, if you think you can manage, go for it.
>>
Don't do it, at least not for long. It becomes boring, lonely and you'll end up feeling like shit. Yes it's comfy at first, and for some of us including me it's nice to wake up early knowing you have the day to yourself but all I do is play games and I feel like shit desu. I also lift weights but it barely helps my depression.

If I could get a job I would
>>
File: feels235.jpg (67 KB, 564x518) Image search: [Google]
feels235.jpg
67 KB, 564x518
I am not a long time NEET but its boring as fuck and I am afraid I lose my last normie friends. since I am a useless school drop out I cant get a job and I am afraid to get kicked out of my parents house
>>
32 neet here. Never worked a day in my life. I don't recommend it unless you're absolutely sure you can support yourself financially. I'm sure you're thinking, "that doesn't make sense for a neet." The thing is though it becomes a big problem. Not in the beginning but later on down the line it's going to hit you and hard. You're going to be stuck in a very bad situation where you don't have support anymore and now you have no work experience or too big of a time gap in your resume. Suddenly being homeless isn't a thing to laugh about anymore and a potential reality,

Neet life is entirely dependent on someone supporting you. Whether it's your parents or the government they're not going to support you forever. Government support is a crapshot and not something I would bank on in the long run btw. Even when you can make it work you're living at poverty level with it and there's nothing worse than being neet with nothing to entertain you.

So unless you're a trust fund baby or get really lucky with money (lottery, inheritance etc.) then I wouldn't even think about it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.