[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: 1464599673724.jpg (47 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
1464599673724.jpg
47 KB, 900x599
Literally full of faggots complaining all day about how life is unfair. You manage to satisfy yourself in your shitty life that you don't even try to change. You willingly chose to lose everything in life instead of at least fucking try to win, because, well, it's easier. Why the fuck are you even alive ?

And staying in this board just makes it worse, it makes it almost normal for you to be a worthless piece of shit. And you reinforce this view by calling everyone who isn't like you a normalfag. You are a bunch of idiots, a disgrace to what you could have become.
>>
I did try to win. I just didn't succeed.
>>
>>28985917
>staying in this board just makes it worse

maybe for you
>>
>>28985931
This.

Maybe staying in this board does make it worse, but I don't think it's worse than not staying off the board.
>>
youre a pretty cool shitposter
kudos to you
>>
>>28985917
Hello fellow /k/ommando!
>>
File: 1441613132190.jpg (535 KB, 920x1305) Image search: [Google]
1441613132190.jpg
535 KB, 920x1305
>>28985917

A long time ago this board was less extreme and people improved themselves and eventually left. Only the hopeless ones stayed which lead to the current situation. It's kinda similar to how calcium builds up at the bottom of your water boiler.
>>
File: kube.jpg (50 KB, 350x323) Image search: [Google]
kube.jpg
50 KB, 350x323
>>28986003
there are no supply lines for you here, pray to the cube you make it back to your home board
>>
Post your fucking address then if I'm such a faggot.

Post your fucking address so I can put your ass on worldstar bitch.
>>
The majority of people who are here are destined to be like this, they don't have much other choice

As much as normies love to say it, not everyone can just try hard and majically get a good life
>>
>>28985931
This

>>28985917
Most of us tried really hard you cancerous normie. Thats why we are bitter in the first place. Nobody is born like this.
>>
File: 1464718157409.jpg (29 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1464718157409.jpg
29 KB, 500x350
Normies, out.
The site is full of boards where you can say all that normie bullshit, let this be that one board where people can wallow in self pity. For fucks sake. Also reminder, the fact that you are on this site in the first place is a strong indication how fucking empty and meaningless your life is aswell.
>>
>>28986131
>This is my safe space nobody talk about what i don't like normies get out
REeeeee tard
>>
File: 1450161169936.gif (1002 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1450161169936.gif
1002 KB, 500x285
>>28985917
Why should I continue to aim for the finish line when the race is already over?
>>
>>28985917
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIE GET THE FUCK OUT

in all seriousness though most of us here have tried.
so if you can please show your way back to /b/ or whatever the fuck board you came from so i do not have to fully discard your opinion that'd be great.
>>
>>28985917
Shit, your well thought out opinion made me forget where my beer was
>>
>>28985931
>>28986211

Yes, it's so easy to dramatize everything. Now everything seems impossible, so why even try ?

You made what you are, faggots
>>
File: The Normie Delusion.jpg (1 MB, 3172x3324) Image search: [Google]
The Normie Delusion.jpg
1 MB, 3172x3324
>>28985917
>You willingly chose to lose everything in life instead of at least fucking try to win, because, well, it's easier. Why the fuck are you even alive ?
>>
>>28985931
If you had really tried, you would have succeeded.

Or something about 'true success is never giving up even when you lose' or someshit. I don't know. I'm just a dumb normalfaggot parroting self-unaware bullshit.
>>
>>28986605
'The length to which you pathetic losers will justify not taking responsibility for your...' blah blah blah.
>>
File: 1447028469529.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1447028469529.png
48 KB, 400x389
>Talented People try
>Untalented people try
>Talented people succeed
>Untalented People do not, and so either give up or keep trying hopelessly
>Successful people wax on about the values of hard work and dedication
>People who tried and failed don't bother to speak, since no one will accept the harsh truth of genetic superiority.
>People keep trying and trying and trying, unwilling to accept the harsh truth of the rigged game.

And don't think I'm pulling this out of my ass. Genetic Talent is well documented.
http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00751/full

tl;dr most of the variance in ability is accounted by things OTHER THAN PRACTICE. Practice means JACK SHIT. It's all talent. Literally. The meme is over. Normies need to fuck off.
>>
Its for containment. Like pol or those ponies.
>>
>>28985917
The only winning move is not to play. Failing that since we've already been born we just hole up here because we feel like it. The vast majority have no reason to be alive but live and spawn anyway. At least we die out as dead ends.
>>
>>28986671
>'The length to which you pathetic losers will justify not taking responsibility for your...' blah blah blah.
Not an argument, my Just-World fallacious faggot friend.
>>
>>28986679
This. Kudos.

As I say, talent without motivation is as useless as motivation without talent. Effort, as soon as it's not idiotically, circularly defined as 'you succeed as soon as you personally ensure that you succeed', can only get you that far. Without insight where and how to best, most intelligently try, you'll just keep hitting the brick wall, hurting yourself and your chances for finding happiness on the limited level that you are capable of, such as your 'nerdy'/'autistic' hobbies.
>>
>>28986617
>f you had really tried, you would have succeeded.

>people believe this

please tell me you are baiting

>muh just world
>>
>>28986779
>>28986814
I'm just going to insist that continuing to heap insults on you, you (*grabs thesaurus*) lazy, embarrassing, cowardly, immature, weak-willwed, sad faggots who refuse to take responsibility for taking charge for your pathetic lives, is an argument in itself.
>>
>>28985917
It's basically a support board for people with depression or worse. Issues that sometimes are paralyzing, and the best one can hope for is to find someone who can relate to them. We don't welcome normalfags because rarely is their advice actually helpful, and they don't understand the way we live, or how we die. I hope this clarifies our position.
>>
>>28986886
...B-but *insults you* *insults you* *insults you*! Also, *insults you more*. Therefore, you are pathetic and wrong.
>>
>>28986836
Imagine two six year-olds:

The first:
>born with 10/10 genetics; attractive, symmetrical features; tall
>has two, loving parents in a stable marriage
>born into wealth, lives in a nice house with a maid
>everyone at school respects him and wants to be his friend

The second:
>born with shit-tier genetics; ugly, unnatractive, deformed, manlet
>raised by a single mother who abuses him
>born into poverty, lives in a shithole apartment building with cockroaches
>everyone at school bullies him for his ugliness and he has no friends

The first kid grows up to be happy, well-adjusted, outgoing, and successful. The second kid grows up to be a mentally-ill, neurotic, shut-in loser who hates himself and wants to die.

Will this always be the case? No, absolutely not. Could the second kid wind up having a better life than the first kid? Possibly. But if the second kid fails to succeed, fails to live a happy life, can you blame him? Can you really sit back and say, "Brah this is all on you lmao stop being a lazy loser and making excuses lmao life is what you make of it lmao just be yourself lmao it worked for me XD"?

Free will is a lie. The only people who say otherwise are the people who have great lives and don't want to admit they did nothing to earn them. The people who don't want to empathize with losers, so they convince themselves that all losers are bad people who deserve to be losers. The people who are terrified of acknowledging they have no real upward mobility in life.
>>
>>28986908
Insults come mostly from normalfags who think we need some kind of tough love motivation, when in reality it just does more harm than good. The conflict comes mostly from a lack of understanding or integration by people like yourself who are confused by this place. It used to be a board where people could speak of their feelings, and not just likely be ridiculed.
>>
>>28986886
I know but it doesn't looks like it. Most of threads are about complaining and you just stagnate
>>
>>28986988
>>28987035
I was obviously baiting everywhere ITT, don't worry.

That said, there's in fact been an increase in understanding the blame-fostering, change-preventing nature of belief in free will here on /r9k/. I would be very happy if some posts compiled here or perhaps an infographic made it to the Internet at large and helped explain how tacking nature and nurture is more viable a way to help than insults and expectations.
>>
>>28987035
>tough love motivation
I don't get this.
If a runner stumbled. Standing ontop of him won't make it any easier for him to standup, if possible at all.
I'm really tired of people like this. I just feel like they're out to hurt people.
>>
>>28987099
It's just a game for them. They don't think about the larger validity of their ideas. 'Heh I might just as well blame that guy.' Then he posts, gets back to Facebook, and forgets.
>>
>>28985970

>Maybe staying in this board does make it worse, but I don't think it's worse than not staying off the board.

Not staying off this board is the same thing as staying on this board...then again, you said staying "in" this board...

lol I just clicked spaghetti and said it was french fries in the capcha
>>
>>28986886
This.

I have a job, I have an education, I have a place to myself. However, I didn't win the genetic lottery. My face is horrible, even with working out in some way. I dress nicely, still nothing.

I've suffered from depression since I was in middle school due to an abusive family and bullying. I make good money now, but I'm unhappy with my life. The basics aren't there. I have no real friends in my life.
>>
>>28987163
But you can change your thinking, your criteria and definition for success, you can learn to love your flaws, ...

Is a normalfag who fallaciously insists that you 'can' do things because they are 'just in your head' a canman?
>>
Not like I chose to end up this socially useless and anxious. It's better for normal people if I don't even try to talk to them.
>>
>>28987276
Yes you did choose that, because otherwise I have nothing to blame you for.
>>
>>28987079
>>28987080
In my opinion, the most one can do if they are not like the regulars on this board is to bring a more optimistic view to people who are about ready to call it quits. Or for those who turned their lives around to offer wisdom based on their experiences.
The arguing is rarely of much use, but neither is /r9k/ being a sort of echo chamber for negativity. It is my hope that when people are done with all of that we will find a sort of balance, a foil to pessimism or perhaps a glimmer of hope instead of this cascade of anger and sadness. /r9k/ can be toxic, but I know there are times when it has helped people as well.
>>
>>28987293
(...That particular satire came out so blunt, it actually made me uneasy.)
>>
>>28987293
kek
Saved for future normie interaction. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: cartman_angry.jpg (19 KB, 350x282) Image search: [Google]
cartman_angry.jpg
19 KB, 350x282
>>28985917
Look OP, you only see the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of different people on this board.

People like me, cyborgs, we sometimes enjoy the life while it brings joy, sometimes we get lucky to get laid, we score a good LSD blotter or we simply get a random serotonin rush in our brains and chill the fuck out. Other times, when there's nobody around, when shit happens, when we're out of drugs, or simply when our brains are fucked up, we're fucked up. There's nothing we can do about it - if we mention it to our real-world friends, they just keep giving random advice or getting angry that I'm "a little bitch who is bawling about the same bitch who is a fucking fake addict and a pathological liar" [cited from my best friend].

So we come here. Sometimes we lurk, not wanting to ruin the robots' balance with our cyborg stories they wouldn't empathize with - sometimes, like in this thread, we shitpost. It simply feels like home, when you can just relax, knowing that everything sucks, but still being okay with it. I know that there will come a better time tomorrow, when I'll feel better and do more productive stuff with my life...

...but until then, I'll just light a cigarette, pop a xanax and browse /r9k/.

Hope I cleared things up a little bit.
Cheers mate.
>>
File: 130170388377.jpg (12 KB, 401x302) Image search: [Google]
130170388377.jpg
12 KB, 401x302
>there are no other variables at play in your life because you're the one who dictates it and you should be successful like myself because everything good that happen in my life was of my doing due to hard work and determination meme

Have you ever considered you're in your situation because of luck? How narcissistic can these normies get? It's a pretty pathetic move for someone successful to come over here and kick the people who are down. Must make you feel like a real man. You sure are in power Op, the greatest in the universe perhaps.

Did that massage your ego like you wanted to when you made this pathetic sub human thread?
>>
>>28986679
This. Today I got turned down by the second biggest slut I met in my life. I tried to play the game on easy mode and I lost. I lost not because I'm bad at the game but because its rules are different for me. It's basically not even easy mode, it's never easy actually.

"Try"...

I was actually thinking about it earlier while drinking a beer. "At least you can't say I didn't try". I'll try again next year...
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.