[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If atheists don't believe in god because it isn't proven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1460947950272.jpg (115 KB, 634x876) Image search: [Google]
1460947950272.jpg
115 KB, 634x876
If atheists don't believe in god because it isn't proven then they must also think that no one else but themselves are conscious because you can't proof that either.
>>
>>28981763
you're just dumb, OP.
>>
>>28981780
excuse me that quite rude
>>
Your example would make more sense if we were gods, and could infer that another god exists because we exist.
>>
>>28981763

This is a dumb argument, we have proof of consciousness, your's and mine for example.

consciousness isn't up for debate.
>>
>>28981763
consciousness is the awareness and ability to respond to one's surroundings, which it can be proved that other's possess through watching their actions and responses to their surroundings

simply ask a question to another person, if their answer is a unique and creative one then they are conscious
>>
>>28981847
oh yeah? prove that you're conscious then
>>
>>28981763
If I'm concious that probably means others that are almost exactly like me are concious as well. There's no reason to believe in a god because there is no evidence. And besides, there are thousands of gods to choose from.
>>
>>28981870

I'm responding to you, I'm manipulating my environment (writing this) by choosing to do so.
>>
corgo ergo sum

So nothing has to be real but yourself.

What "yourself" is is up to debate
>>
>>28981763
Atheist are just as retarded as religious people. Neither one can prove they are right. The only logical choice is agnosticism
>>
>>28981916
Quantum fluctuations bro, it explains everything. There is no God, just "quantum fluctuations"
Can't explain a black hole, the Big Bang, or even the physics behind what keeps a bicycle upright when you ride it? Quantum fluctuations
>>
>>28981898
Not him but you could just be a part of a simulation
>>
>>28982007
then that proves my own consciousness, whether or not other consciousnesses exist is up for debate, but so long as i can perceive I know my consciousness exists.

Or, I think therefore I am.
>>
>>28981898
prove that you're chosing to do so and not a robot. you can't.
>>
>>28981763
nothing can actually be proven because the concept of proof relies on perception and we have no reason to assume that perception is accurate to reality
>>
>>28981944
>Atheist are just as retarded as religious people. Neither one can prove they are right. The only logical choice is sitting on the fence, ignoring all arguments, and pretending you're right by default.

FTFY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.