[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here purposefully avoid media being put out today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5
File: 1459007696363.jpg (34 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1459007696363.jpg
34 KB, 600x440
Does anyone here purposefully avoid media being put out today like TV, Movies and popular music to not be exposed the social conditioning they contain?

I haven't been to a movie theater in almost 16 years and I don't watch any popular sitcom or drama shows on TV because I don't want to know what the current trendy insult or catch phrase is so when I see people in public parroting it I can just be blissfully unaware of what it is.

I enjoy not knowing what the current hit single is or what second grade level chorus it has that adults repeat to themselves like nursery rhymes.
>>
File: 1453437470238.gif (223 KB, 917x667) Image search: [Google]
1453437470238.gif
223 KB, 917x667
I avoid the majority of them yes.

But I really did enjoy marvel civil war 2 and deadpool. Also birdman and bridge of spies is great.

The popularity of something had never bothered me ever. Not once have I gave a shit because all criticism is stemmed from the insecure.

I remember when undertale was just a demo and only /v/ knew about it. It was praised daily and I really liked it. Full game comes out and the tumblr crowd joins in, and for some reason everyone just ignores it out of fear of association.

I like Steven universe and that was always attracting tumblr. And I still enjoy it

For all if the benefits of coming here, the criticism towards certain hobbies attracting a different group is stupid beyond words.

The only thing that is irredeemably shit is Miley Cyrus. She is literally poisoning children.
>>
File: IMG_20160529_171716411.jpg (926 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_171716411.jpg
926 KB, 1456x2592
>>28980429
Same here op, there's a few things I like to watch but I just find them online, I haven't just sat and watched TV on a long time. I don't really enjoy movies so I don't watch them. I dedicate my time to craft projects and raising my birds mostly, the outside world isn't interesting enough
>Pic related, way better than society
>>
TV has been complete shit for over a decade. If you take a hiatus from watching it for even a few months to a year, you'll be shocked/disgusted by what you had been subjecting yourself to.

>obnoxious as fuck ads that are way louder than the program you're trying to watch
>literally the same ads 10 times each within an hour
>watching MTV (catfish)
>"stay tuned for the world premiere of this music video!"
>music videos on MTV?
>it's some shitty rap song literally about nothing more than getting stoned and skipping school
>this is pop music now
>all is lost
>>
>I dont want to be socially conditioned
>so ill frequent a board that hates everyone and everything because its antinormal
>which ive been conditioned to think makes me better
>>
>>28981361
Yeah I haven't watched MTV for so many years I can't remember how long it's been. When I hear what shows they air now it sounds like some sort of strange alternate dimension people eagerly subject themselves too.
>>
File: IMG_3205.jpg (42 KB, 415x292) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3205.jpg
42 KB, 415x292
>>28981397
It's not that I derive some sense of superiority because of it. If anything it's the opposite. I'd love to just go along and laugh at every reference somebody makes like everyone else, they seem like genuinely enjoy it.

I don't like anything about being the person who dislikes popular stuff.

Like I think Facebook is vain and weird but everyone has one so by not having one that makes me the weird one. I don't like that at all much less think it makes me superior in any way.

I'm sure there are people who do fit your description but I really don't think I am one.
>>
File: videodrome.gif (700 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
videodrome.gif
700 KB, 500x302
SJW pandering and Jew greed has destroyed the creativity of film. I'm not complaining, as it is saving me a fortune, as there is only a handful of movies that I buy each year now. I have not owned a TV for over a decade, as it is 99% crap.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.