[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you supposed to order food at a restaurant or diner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (883 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
883 KB, 2000x1333
How are you supposed to order food at a restaurant or diner? Do you just go up to the checkout and order there or do you sit down and wait for a waiter/waitress to come and ask? Do you pay up front or call for a bill? How does his vary between types of resaurants or diners?
>>
Bump iabcdefghipuh
>>
Usually you sit down, waitress comes and takes your order. Waitress brings the bill when you're finished, and you pay for it up front.
>>
Also, what about places like Starbucks and Costa, how do they work?
>>
>>28980129

>go into restaurant
>pick non normie hours so it isn't busy
>waitress says "just one?" and laughs at you and tells you to sit in the corner
>she gives you a menu and asks what you want to drink and gets mad if you want just water
>read menu and decide what you want to eat
>waitress comes up to you 40 minutes later and you point out to her what food you want
>try to ignore her when she says something like, "Wow you're a hungry guy!"
>wait another 40 minutes
>food comes
>eat it
>yell "BILL" over and over again until waitress gives you bill
>have to pay a lot more money than it actually says or else waitress gets mad at you and you're not allowed to eat there again
>leave
>repeat daily
>>
>>28980850
Do you just stand at the door? When are you supposed to make a reservation?
>>
File: 1451583639777.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1451583639777.png
311 KB, 900x702
>>28980129
f-fall river?
>>
>>28981166
I don't know what you mean, I got the pic off google
>>
>>28981205
that exact diner is like 5 minutes from me, wew lad
>>
>>28981234
Coincidence, it's the 7th image that comes up if you google 'diner'
>>
Bump mnbvcxzasdfghjklpoiuytrewq
>>
>>28981154
Depends on resturaunt. Usually there will be someone at the door who will ask how many will be seated, then will lead you to an appropriate sitting.

It's pretty robot friendly to be honest, you have to say 6 words tops the entire visit.
>>
>>28980939
>"just one?"
"Well if you'd like to join me, i wouldn't mind."
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 499x499
>he has never lived in New Jersey
>>
>>28982054
How is New Jersey relevant?
>>
Did you never go out to eat with your parents?
>>
>>28982125
It has the most diners in the country. It's a way of life
>>
>>28982138
Like once, before the age of ten, I'm 20 now and have only ever really been to McDonald's, subway, and independent fast food joints
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.