[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are you not in a union r9k? im in the carpenters union and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 20160507_073406.jpg (2 MB, 2946x2210) Image search: [Google]
20160507_073406.jpg
2 MB, 2946x2210
why are you not in a union r9k?

im in the carpenters union and I inspect and repair wooden roller coasters everyday

I make 26$ an hour plus another 15$ an hour in benefits. I have never done a job interview or filled out an application I just go to work where the hall sends me.
I dont know why you would want to do it any other way
protip call your local union hall and ask about apprenticeships
>>
I live in S.C. There are no unions.
>>
>>28977115
Ayyy man is the The Boss or am I trippin?
>>
>>28977115
Is that THE BEAST or are there other notable wooden coasters?
>>
don't forget to pay your union dues or else you get knee capped
>>
>>28977166
>>28977174
So are the people who name wooden roller coasters not creative? Where do I get that job?
>>
>>28977174
it is the beast
>>28977183
no your union Stewart bitches and complains for a month or 2 and depending on the stewart you will have to pay up before you can work at that job
its not much I just pay the 400 and pay up for the whole year
its worth it when your wage is twice of what the non union idiots get
>>
>>28977115
Because here unions only exist for Government slobs.
>>
>>28977416
says the guy too stupid to band together to get what you want
>>
>>28977166
if youre talking about the boss in six flags stl, then you are tripping balls my friend
>>
>>28977115
wait so did you need any prior experience or education because id love to work in mechanics (my dream is rollercoasters) but i have no education or experience and no money
>>
>>28977115
I'm not in a union because my capitalist overlords tell me that's communism
>>
>>28977693
not really you learn it on the job but I dont work with the cars just the wood and the steel track
you just have to be willing to learn and work hard
>>
>>28977812
i mean it sounds awesome, i feel like it would be easy to get fired or something if you fuck up
where would i find such a union tho
>>
>>28977115
Is that the roller coaster near old orchard Beach?
>>
>>28977852
if I fuck something up and someone gets hurt I go to jail

literally pick a trade type in google trade name union local your area call the phone numbers that come up and talk to a business agent they will point you to the apprenticeship
>>
>>28977883
alright cool, and for the fucking up thing, i didnt mean fucking up a job, i meant like fucking up in the way an autist would, dropping something expensive or something along those lines
>>
>>28977916
no that stuff is pretty forgiving you have to really fuck up to get fired for something like that
accidents happen
>>
No unions in Texas m8. $26/HR here and I'd be super set. House and Porche set.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.