[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 1460408212439.png (532 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1460408212439.png
532 KB, 500x363
Hey guys. I have found the secret to happiness. As a schizophrenic college dropout virgin neet with no friends, I have found it hard to be happy lately. However, my psychologist let me in on the secret to happiness a few weeks ago, and I can see that it's working.

Basically, it's the law of attraction. If you force yourself to think positive thoughts, then the people around you will respond positively and give you positivity in return.

Here's how it works
>intend to be happy
>force yourself to smile
>force yourself to think positive thoughts
>other people get a more positive vibe from you
>conversations become more lighthearted and friendly
>people like you more

My mom used to hate me, and now she and I get along great because of this. Strangers also compliment my attitude and looks where they never have before. It really works. This is the secret to being happy in life.
>>
>>28975989
It's a chain reaction. First, you force yourself to act friendly and think positive thoughts, then you no longer have to "act" happy because people around you are feeding you with more positivity. You are now genuinely happy.
>>
>>28975989
I laughed out loud.

Great, believable set-up, OP. Solid quality throughout.
>>
File: Knife.jpg (38 KB, 540x393) Image search: [Google]
Knife.jpg
38 KB, 540x393
>>28975989
Needs more ocelot.
>>
>>28975989
Robots won't believe you but yeah, it's true.
Even easier if you are comfortable being alone, because if you live alone then the only person around you, is you.
Unless you suffer something that fucks up the chemicals in your brain, you could learn to be happy even if you were all on your own. I did.
>>
>>28976109
I'm not memeing. I've been practicing this for a while now and it actually works. You just prefer to wallow in self pity and sadness so you don't want to get better.
>>
>>28976159
>>28976164
It's not even wrong. It's saying 'x happens when x is made to happen'. It's not even false.
>>
This shit doesn't work if you're surrounded by fucking parasites,
I stay negative to defend myself.
>>
Are you saying I should just be myself?
>>
>>28976219
No. I'm actually saying the quite opposite of "be yourself." If you bee yourself then you will continue to be unlikable. You have to force yourself to think positive thoughts and to smile. People will respond to positivity in such a way that you won't have to fake being happy any more. Life still won't be perfect, but you'll be living a much more fulfilling life this way. That is, unless you prefer to wallow in self pity and muh sadness. If you truly want something to change in your life, then you have to make it happen.
>>
>>28976159
OP here. I'm schizophrenic, so my brain chemicals are as fucked as possible but I still manage to find happiness. I should add that appreciating nature is another way to be happy. Watch the sunset while listening to your favorite music. It will help you achieve happiness. Happiness isn't given to you, it's earned.
>>
>>28975989
All of this is true. If you do something long enough you become it. Also force yourself to laugh more often so it starts sounding heartfelt and genuine. Good job, anon, keep it up!
>>
Sounds like a Schizophrenic delusion OP.
>>
I remember a social worker that I used to work with when I was younger that believed all this shit. It made some sense in regards to the idea of essentially tricking your brain into thinking positively and therefore being happier and getting more positive responses from people around you, but then I found out she genuinely believed there was a universal energy that was attracted to you if you acted positively. As in if you think positive you draw in positive energy from the universe.

>women
>>
>>28976369
You're the type of person who posts in /cripplingdepression/, right? You want to be another sad story. Don't be another sad story. At least make an attempt to be happier. That's what I did. I tried. You have to try if you really want to live a good life.
>>
>>28976439
No, I'm not.
Are you medicated, anon?
>>
>>28976451
Yes. I am taking 3 medications. They help me, but nothing helps more than forcing happiness into your life.
>>
how can I be happy like that but still try to improve my life?
>>
>>28976427
I believe that brain is lying to us when the chemistry if fucked up
>>
>>28976537
(Almost) All of the successful people in the world are charismatic. Being charismatic leads to having more friends, which leads to having more connections and the ability to land a job. First of all, I would reccomend rethinking what you want out of life. Most of our long term goals are based on false premises. I used to think that I belonged in the field of chemical engineering, but it never made me happy. Really take some time to make sure you know what will be exciting for you to do in life. Pursue this actively while still intending to be happy. You will rub people the right way, and you will hopefully make the connections you need to be successful.
>>
I should add that most people grow up to be charismatic naturally because of their childhood. As a kid, I used to be very outgoing and charismatic. Eventually, I started to get bullied every day and I lost that part of myself.

Some of us aren't lucky enough to be happy from the start. It's difficult to be happy, but you have to give it some real effort. Please take my posts into consideration. I want you to be happy like I can. I want all of you to have better lives. You deserve to be happy.
>>
OP here yet again. I want to let you know that your life has value where you may think it doesn't. For a while, I thought that I had no value and that I was a burden to my family, which led me to hang myself (which obviously failed to kill me). This landed me in the psychiatric ward of Fairview hospital in minneapolis. It was an eye-opening experience because I was shocked by how one-sided everyone was there in their thinking. I would reccomend trying to visit a place like this to change your perspective on life. Seeing all of these unhappy people helped me realize how delusional I was about my life. There is still time left for you to change. It's not too late.
>>
>>28975989
That's the most fake form of happiness someone could ever have and personally, I am not interested in such happiness. I would rather be depressed for the rest of my life than be fake.
>>
>>28976976
I feel i could try this, but I need some form of physical memento to carry with me in case I forgot to keep a positive actitude, maybe a ring
>>
>>28977085
That's a great idea. I hadn't even thought of that. You absolutely need to try it though. It's the secret to living a more fulfilling life.
>>
File: 1451546943044.jpg (175 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
1451546943044.jpg
175 KB, 500x722
It does work

But it's basically placebo
>>
>>28977039
>I would rather be depressed for the rest of my life than be fake
It's not being fake. At first, you're faking it. But then, it actually becomes who you are. You are no longer faking it. Being happy becomes a habit.
>>
File: 1356379075134.png (401 KB, 1969x1400) Image search: [Google]
1356379075134.png
401 KB, 1969x1400
What if I don't deserve happiness
>>
>>28977298
You sound delusional man. That's like saying "I have been pretending to be a tree for 3 years now so therefore, I am now a tree". You're living a lie anon. A sad, sad lie.
>>
>>28977318
Happiness isn't something you "deserve"; it's something you take by force. Nobody "deserves" anything in life. Nothing is just given to people. Some people have an advantage to being happy, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve it.
>>
>>28977318
I can asure almost every person on this planet have that thoght at least once
>>
Except that forcing yourself to think unnatural thoughts is exhausting, so eventually you just wear yourself out pretending to be someone you're not.

Normies can tell when your outward actions don't match the aura you're giving off, you know.
>>
>>28975989
Disregard this BS.
It's drugs.
The answer is drugs.
>>
>>28977344
>>28977370
Believe it or not, it actually shapes who you are. At first, you have to try really hard to fake it. Later on, you start actually becoming the person you were pretending to be. It's similar to how actors like heath ledger lost sanity to their evil roles. They immersed themselves so much in the roles that they felt themselves becoming the character. It works the same way for being happy, but not in a negative way.
>>
>>28977430
I just couldn't do it. If you think it makes you happy, by all means do it but, it isn't for me. I don't want to be fake because the one thing I am able to pride myself on is how genuine I believe I am. I hate fake people and I think this would just give me another reason to hate myself.
>>
>>28977387
This, all of the problems with drugs are things put in place by society or the government. The chemicals themselves are the greatest thing in the world
>>
>>28977472
>>28977370
You just match actions to the feeling and eventually it becomes true.
>>
>>28977499
OP here. There is some truth to this. Certain drugs can be very eye opening and can change your life. I have done ketamine and dxm, and I still cherish the experiences I got from them. Psychedelics and dissociatives can be very helpful in helping you realize more about yourself and the world around you. However, some drugs are destructive. Alcohol, cocaine, meth, and opiates are purely destructive in the long term.
>>
OP here. Remember to see things from multiple perspectives. My psychologist said, "Have you ever noticed how the more one-sided someone is, the crazier they are?". Try to open yourself up to multiple ideas. Don't just assign yourself to one political party. Form opinions on ideas and people as individuals. Don't categorize ideas and people and form prejudgement on them. It will make you a wiser person.
>>
File: 1464321857011.png (73 KB, 1873x262) Image search: [Google]
1464321857011.png
73 KB, 1873x262
>>28975989
Congrats OP, you've discovered the source of meme magic: the power of belief. Don't lose yourself to it
>>
>>28976202
THIS
I need to be a rat in order to outsmart the other rats at work.
>>
faking it wont make you a normie. normies will still outcast you and think you're weird no matter how normal you try to act. when reality eventually hits you, you'll be back in the same place you were before, except probably more frustrated.

[posted this in the wrong thread last time]
>>
>>28978159
This isn't true to my experience. All of the people I acted positively towards have responded back with compassion. Humanity isn't that far gone. You just need to move out of detroit.
>>
>>28978233
you expect me to believe a schizophrenic knows when someone is genuine? you're just deluding yourself, op. those people couldn't care less about you.
>>
>>28978311
I'm schizophrenic, not autistic. I'm delusional about bad things that I believe are going to happen and I often hear and see things that aren't real, but I can tell when someone is genuinely appreciative.
>>
File: jgfhg.jpg (135 KB, 1221x803) Image search: [Google]
jgfhg.jpg
135 KB, 1221x803
I love how this is news to people. The world is not like a computer game or the internet where you're just watching, taking everything in. You have to smile and be friendly and GIVE for christs sake.
>>
>>28978414
God forbid people on this site start owning up to their problems in life and stop blaming others.
>>
>>28975989
I absolutely don't believe it but I'll try to prove you wrong. But first let me have few questions.
How long should I do that it helps me?
How to think positive?
I have no friends should I talk to random people positive or should I try skype?
How long have you been doing it?
>>
>>28975989
its probably true op. however, you are pretending, and being fake. you realize that dont you? you are not being genune. so people are being friendly and showing interest in you based on a fake image you are projecting.
>>
File: 1464482536574.gif (888 KB, 400x181) Image search: [Google]
1464482536574.gif
888 KB, 400x181
>>28976904
I used to be charismatic as a little kid too but after turning 12 it all went to shit and I closed myself off. How do I go back? I can kind of feel it when I get drunk but other than that I feel very self conscious.
>>
>>28975989
>>force yourself to think positive thoughts
got any examples?
>>
>>28979105
>>28978414
get a room normie scum
>>
If I smonk wed and force happy thoughts even girls give me their numbers
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.