[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you spending your life in the pursuit of becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: 1457680490798.jpg (376 KB, 1600x1509) Image search: [Google]
1457680490798.jpg
376 KB, 1600x1509
Why aren't you spending your life in the pursuit of becoming a wizard?
>>
There's not much to pursue. All you have to do is not have sex for 30 years. I'm 22 and seem to have no problem with that.
>>
>>28974634
Not the generic idea of a wizard

I mean doing things like excelling in some academic field and pursuing philosophical truths and disregarding generic interests and animalistic instincts

And wearing cool robes and having a beard
>>
>>28975662
>And wearing cool robes and having a beard
I will do that once I've reached wizardous enlightenment.

But for the moment, I feel that learning to understand computers and how they work is the closest you can get to modern-day wizardry.
And I'm trying to pursue that.
>>
Many anons here wallow in their "tfw no gf" misery, but they would be much happier if they rejected entirely the notion of a "normal" life. I think many have a hard time with this due to society's glorification of the chad outcome as well as the perpetuated notion that a life of solitude is sad and depressing. They need to radically alter their perspective and expectations of life, but that is no easy feat.

I think that is the core of wizard apprenticeship. One must recondition and fortify the mind to truly achieve a wizard's enlightenment at the age of 30. This does, of course, include learning elementary spells in a skill tree as >>28975749 suggests, but the mental attribute is the most important.
>>
>>28974278
Because we live in a shitty boring reality where magic isn't real?
>>
>>28974278
I saw a real life wizard a few weeks ago. He had a big long fluffy beard and everything

He might have been a biker though, actually
>>
>>28975662
>Not the generic idea of a wizard

>he doesn't sit in a cave and cast spells all day
have fun with your boring philosophy shit pleb
>>
File: 197px-Jerry_Sussman.jpg (13 KB, 197x287) Image search: [Google]
197px-Jerry_Sussman.jpg
13 KB, 197x287
>>28975749
WE CONJURE THE SPIRITS OF THE COMPUTER WITH OUR SPELLS
>>
File: 1361620786044.jpg (46 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1361620786044.jpg
46 KB, 704x528
/fringe/

hgjfmgx,umh
>>
File: the voice of freedom.jpg (96 KB, 709x980) Image search: [Google]
the voice of freedom.jpg
96 KB, 709x980
>>28976242
goddamn do i miss /prog/
>>
>>28975749
That's what I was thinking

True modern wizard powers come from the mastery of computers and technology along with an understanding of philosophy and abstinence from normal human pleasures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJON-nUg4eA
>>
File: 1464629176489.jpg (123 KB, 942x943) Image search: [Google]
1464629176489.jpg
123 KB, 942x943
Becoming a "voice of reason or intellectually" figure isn't worth it.

>popular scientists become normie memes and people start to reject their research because autists and dumbass normies start quoting you to sound smart
>>
>>28976825
i don't think this happens with anyone except michio kaku and maybe carl sagan
and we all know black science man is a hack anyway
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.