[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else suddenly wondering if they've experienced trauma?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (295 KB, 920x691) Image search: [Google]
image.png
295 KB, 920x691
Anyone else suddenly wondering if they've experienced trauma?
>>
What qualifies as trauma?
I must have been traumatised at some point...
>>
You guys should discuss this with others who suffer from PTSD: >>>/tumblr/
>>
Yeah I've got them all. Some sexual abuse, lots of physical abuse.
>>
File: 1459030854228.png (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459030854228.png
30 KB, 300x300
I know I have. And I literally have all of the symptoms on the chart. I don't remember much at all before my parents divorced, maybe they fought a lot. I don't think I was molested.

I jump if someone passes me on their bike or jogging when I'm on a walk. If I'm passing someone going the other way I tense up and start walking manually and stare at them from behind my sunglasses without turning my head.
If I hear someone slam a door or hear loud footsteps above me I freak out. Sometimes I get so anxious I literally have to take a shit.
Leaving the house is usually really hard, and involves me pacing around trying to pump myself up to get out the door.
Sometimes phone calls and texts are even too much.
>>
>>28968979
>I jump if someone passes
Iktf

>Lose grip on glass cup in my hand because my brain is so out of it with thoughts
>It slips out for a split second and tighten my grip. As this process happens i feel a huge wave of naseua and damage and hurt that i would never have felt before nearly droppping a glass. The wave hits like a wall and i feel out of it minutes after possibly even an hour im affected by it.Im trembling and i feel so worthless that something like that could cause so much pain but i know its because the pain is somewhere else hidden

>Sometimes phone calls and texts are even too much

Same, i just ignore text and let most call go to voicemail
>>
>>28968565

My psych is asking me suspiciously often if I experienced any trauma.
The answer I always give is "maybe one that was bad enough to repress strongly, otherwise I'd remember."

I don't think that answer is satisfactory to him.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.