[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fucking tired of these ADHD posts that consist solely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1412557910704.jpg (66 KB, 644x786) Image search: [Google]
1412557910704.jpg
66 KB, 644x786
I'm fucking tired of these ADHD posts that consist solely of:

>tfw no gf
>im a grill pay attention to meeee
>muh dick

If you have nothing to say, shut the fuck up. I fucking hate the tldr bullshit attitude that this entire site has accrued over the last few years. I might as well be on reddit or twitter or where ever they just circle jerk each other's feelings all day.

I'm not saying that I need some deep philosophical discussion, but could we PLEASE talk about something other than how sad we are about not getting our dicks wet?

Here, I'll pose a topic of discussion:
If the general republic of a country has "good behavior" , they should be rewarded with more freedoms. For example, tell your country that if they can get their automobile accident rating down under a certain percentage, then you'll get rid of speed limits on certain highways. Or maybe make tanks and monster trucks street legal. Would you guys consider driving safer if it meant you could get speed limits removed?
>>
>>28968341
*general public, not general republic

forgive my transgression
>>
I drive safe already and don't like going over the speed limit so no. Only niggers want to break the law and they'll do it whether speed limits are removed or not
>>
>>28968441
What is your reasoning for not going over the speed limit?
>>
>>28968341
What you're referring to is called "gamification", which has been shown to work in traditionally non-gamelike scenarios. I think you have the right idea, but removal of highway speed limits doesn't really seem like the correct answer.

One example I heard of was speed cameras that would take pictures of everyone's license plate and enter the non-speeders into a lottery for some of the money the speeders had to pay in fines. This gives immediate, individual incentive to not speed around those cameras, two attributes that I think are important to gamification.

If you just have an "if everyone behaves, everyone gets a reward" criterion, it's too detached from the individual, and is certainly not immediate.
>>
>>28968856
things where penalties traditionally exist, like car driving, are easily gamified. i dont think it would work in america, there's too much of a mix of incompetence, laziness, and/or unawareness when it comes to driving. we are insanely lax compared to other places when it comes to driving. nobody would get the rules, or participation would be low, whatever.

i think gamification has worked elsewhere, like in jails and schools.
>>
>>28968856
Maybe there would be more immediate results using the method you've described, but then no one will have any incentive to encourage other people to not speed. Some assholes might even encourage speeding in order to take advantage of the system. The "everyone behaves, everyone gets rewarded" is a more team-like approach to the problem. A team encourages one another to do their best. You want your citizens to pressure one another to follow the law, not break it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (527 KB, 792x3528) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
527 KB, 792x3528
>>28968341
There is a reason we always talk about >tfw no gf.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.