[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Health Awareness Month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: mental-health-awareness (1).jpg (42 KB, 473x298) Image search: [Google]
mental-health-awareness (1).jpg
42 KB, 473x298
Today is the last day of Mental Health Awareness month! Look at how much normies care about us, they dedicated an entire month to our problems! Don't you feel bad for being mean to them now? They're breaking the stigma! After all, it's totally fine when ugly, shut-in losers are mentally-ill. But when it happens to an attractive normie? It's a national crisis!
>>
What stigma? I don't even know other people in real life.
>>
File: Satou.png (60 KB, 158x434) Image search: [Google]
Satou.png
60 KB, 158x434
>>28966498
>anxiety and depression memes
Where are the really serious shit? Schizophrenia? Where is even the just disruptive shit like OCD? Anxiety and depression are the fucking babby tier mental illnesses, and there is next to no stigma about them. If that is all they care about then they can fuck off.
>>
>>28966873
Normalfags only care about schizophrenia as much as they can off-handedly insult someone with 'you're psychotic' when they disagree with what he/she says. They probably have never seen a psychotic person in their lives.
>>
>>28966873
so many"quirky xddd" normalfags claim to have ocd just because they like neatness that nobody takes it seriously
>>
>>28966873
>>28967011
as for schizophrenia, they just don't care about the more serious mental illnesses, and simply write off people affected by them as crazy. normalfags are truly a disgusting breed
>>
>>28967011
Which is very irritating for those of us who have actual OCD. I don't care so much about cleanliness as I do about contamination, and much more worrisome are the intrusive thoughts. For something that is supposed to be "quirky" and "a joke" the actual mechanics of the disorder (e.g. the intrusive thoughts themselves) have content that I would NEVER say aloud. The only time I would ever bring up that I have it is to make clear that I am uncomfortable with something, but that people are turning it into a meme makes that ineffective, because "lol, xd, everyone has a little OCD", not realizing that the reason I don't want to hold their child is because I get vivid images of molestation and infanticide when I do, not because it will drool on me.

>>28967118
Which is what makes the image so hilarious. I don't think anything is as stigmatized as Schizophrenia, and it doesn't even get a mention.
>>
i'm going to assume this is just another normie bullshit thing where a bunch of normies claim they have normie depression and other normies pat themselves on the back while they help a normie with insignificant bullshit problems
>>
>>28966873
Please don't say anxiety is a meme. I used to tape up my windows with garbage bags and not speak to people for weeks because I was terrified of socializing despite actually being a very outgoing person.

Nothing's changed except I no longer put garbage bags on my windows. I can't make a phone call or write an email, let alone talk to someone. I have zero friends.

Please don't conflate me with the tumblr normies who think co-opting mental illnesses is "le quirky XD!".
>>
Bumping for mental health awareness!
>>
>>28968065
Bumping again for mental health awareness!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.