[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ok to like vidya and anime? Do you guys hide that side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Is it ok to like vidya and anime? Do you guys hide that side of yourself in the real world? It's fucking sad that you can't like what you want to like and not get shit for it
>>
Depends on where I am and if I want to expose my interests

I'm not going to figure drawing session to chat about my Chinese cartoons no matter how much I want to. Mostly because I really fucking hate meeting other weebs. No one can seem to hide their power levels anymore
>>
>>28966292
post art?
t. /ic/
>>
>>28966013
If you're cool with being a nerd go for it.

If not, get some non-sperg hobbies asap.
>>
No I'm pretty adamant about being a lel so quirky nerd.
I'm the only one in my (now online because I moved) friend group that watches twitch and is interested in cons and wants to play DnD and stuff. None of them will even go to magfest with me or anything. Trying to make new friends out of highschool and college really sucks. They all say some normie shit when I let my power level slip like "does that make you kewl? xD".
It's much easier in person, because when people are face to face with you they're much less likely to mock you. Maybe they make fun of me behind my back but idgaf. Be confident in what you enjoy.
>>
If I see some autistic weeb I try to get some anime recs or something. Otherwise no it's mostly small talk and flirting
>>
>>28966013

if theres one thing ive learned from years of lurking social media with a casual anime hobby is that you never, ever show your nerd cards unless you want to be known by that hobby for the rest of your life.
>>
Only online. On Tinder, Facebook, and dating websites I'm completely open about my nerdier interests like that. I wouldn't bother meeting up with anyone who judged me for liking those things, so I might as well put it out there, and I know my Facebook friends obviously won't remove me over it, since it's not like it's weird to like vidya and anime or anything.

If I met a girl at a party or something, I wouldn't talk about vidya or anime. Although, I'm only a music major because I want to make music for vidya, so the topic of vidya would probably come up since it's tangentially related. Wouldn't dwell on it though, unless she plays games too.
>>
>>28966013
>hey anon! You never show up to parties! What do you do in your free time?
>>
>>28967010
>You never show up to parties!
High school fag detected. Get /out/
>>
>>28967030
Sorry I haven't had interaction with normies since high school. I'm actually 25 working in a deadend job
I have no conversation other than job related.
>>
I do my best to hide my power level.
I'm not ashamed that I play vidya, the issue is that it's really where all my spare time goes.
I dread the weekend question, I have no life and its hard to hide from others. Sooner or later your coworkers will figure you out then yourr fucked, they will pity you
>>
>>28967125
Why anon? I kinda pity my normie coworkers instead. All they can talk about is drinking and sports. It seems like their weekend night fun cost much money and not that fun at all. They're obsessed with useless normie hobbies more than our addiction to vydia
>>
>>28966013
>the real world

Let me tell you something. The "real world" is really fucking lame. In the real world most young people work at shitty wageslave jobs. They have shitty wanna-be SJW girlfriends bitch and complain but don't actually do anything of note, and go back against what they say. They watch every episode of Game of Thrones and talk about it for days after. They have "get togethers" and "hang outs" where the same three or at most four people come over once or twice a month and everyone plays a stupid game like Smash Bros. or Mario Kart. Or they just sit around and watch stupid videos on youtube.

In the real world people have triforce tattoos and browse reddit on a daily basis. In the real world teenagers walk around wearing shirts with characters from NES games on them and scream "WHAT ARE THOOOOOSEEEE" and "WHY YOU ALWAYS LYIIINGGG STOOOP FUCKING LYING" over and over at each other.

In the real world men unironically wear fedoras, and women unironically dye their hair and think it makes them unique.

In the real world people talk about capeshit at the kitchen table after Thanksgiving dinner because that's the only common subject any of them give a shit about.

In the real world people drive shitty cars to their shitty jobs and come home and eat shitty food from a box while watching netflix. Most of them have played some video games in their life and still do it either a lot or from time to time. They all call themselves "gamers". Almost all have seen some anime in their time and don't give a shit if you have a Studio Ghibli film on your shelf because their boyfriend probably has two or three of them himself he bought during high school.

In the real world today you are more likely to get bulled for admitting you like hunting and fishing than you are for saying you like Bleach.

I'm not fuckin' done 1/?
>>
>>28966013
You have to hide everything you like that isn't 100% mainstream.
>>
>>28967761
2/?

In the real world a shitload, probably the majority of people, can't handle a conversation because they spent their developmental years in front of some kind of screen. Cashiers and clerks in retail stores will routinely drop spaghetti if anything slightly out of the ordinary occurs.

In the real world people speak in memes at work. In the real world if you say "One ring to rule them all" in public some dickwad will immediately follow up with "one ring to find them" because that's what our civilization has come to.

This fantasy which is upheld by /r9k/ where reality is based on some late 90s early 2000s high school drama where the geeks and nerds are this tiny minority in the population who get persecuted at every turn is exactly that: a fantasy. And an excuse. An excuse to not go out into the world. And even more strongly, an excuse to not admit that their tastes are not nearly as eclectic as they think they are.
>>
File: 1459126910118.jpg (141 KB, 1280x892) Image search: [Google]
1459126910118.jpg
141 KB, 1280x892
I don't talk about anything in real life. People think I'm retarded or serial killer
>>
Well I wear anime shirts inrl and no one seems to be bothered by it. Maybe because I'm a girl, but a lot of people would come up to me in my school and say that they liked that anime. So I dunno.
>>
>>28969110
Be my cute otaku gf, plz
>>
Literally everybody plays videogames and watches anime and shit
What the fuck kind of ultra normiefag doesn't? I seriously haven't met anyone around my age who doesn't do these things.
>>
File: 1439576094818.jpg (73 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
1439576094818.jpg
73 KB, 490x333
>>28967761
>>28967869
>In the real world today you are more likely to get bulled for admitting you like hunting and fishing than you are for saying you like Bleach.
Yeah,
Nah.
>>
>>28969369
confirmed for shutin
Leave your house and communicate with anybody under the age of 40, they're all obsessed with "nerd" shit
>>
>>28966013
I don't like anime.

I do like vidya though, and I never expose that part of my life. I would never bring up playing vidya as apart of my normal activities. Not too sad about it, I have a group of internetbros I know over Steam that I can talk to about that.

I overall conceal large aspects of my life depending on which group I'm with. Just B urself dude! is a meme.
>>
>>28966013
I don't like either, but I wish I did. Be glad that you have some hobby you can enjoy.
>>
>>28966013
I talk about it all the time.

But I have confidence and ppl don't seem to mind.
>>
>>28969413
seriously genuinely curious who you interct with that you can't reveal your powerlevel to
where do those supernormies reside?
>>
Does anybody else cringe when people call themselves geeks or nerds?
>>
>>28967761
>>28967869
>>28969369
Depends on the generation. I'm apart of the 'last generation', the 90s, where sitting on your ass and playing vidya is seen as laughable and pathetic, and you will have to live with these people for most of your life.

So being me who hides his vidya interests, randomly came up to a group of people that is like 2nd year in college (I finished it a year ago) and to my surprise they openly bragged about playing Dota 2 and bringing their desktop battlestation to their dorms.
>>
>>28969488
A couple of failed Chads and Stacies. You will usually find them in the club at least twice per every month. Two of those guys routinely mock this one guy for sitting in his room and playing SWTOR all day, I join in to fit in.
>>
Anime and vidya are a huge part of my life and I can't even talk about it because I'm in my 30's, and everyone else is in their 30's and a normie.

I can't even show people my music because they're vidya remixes, or my artwork because it's fanart. It's like I can never be myself at all.
>>
>>28969610
Being yourself is a meme, a crude lie. Normies and chads have tons of insecurities that they hide. That muscled dudebro you saw while walking past the gym could very well be an autistic virgin.
>>
File: gdcggd.jpg (29 KB, 294x483) Image search: [Google]
gdcggd.jpg
29 KB, 294x483
Nothing is okay.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.