[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, my comfy NEET ride is over. Granny moved into house. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: 1417458005026.jpg (190 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1417458005026.jpg
190 KB, 600x450
Guys, my comfy NEET ride is over. Granny moved into house. I'm no longer comfy living with parents. I haven't worked in 3 years and its time to get a job. I started back at school studying accounting but I wanna get a job as well. What kind of job can I expect with no work history past 3 years and not many useful skills ( was a pharmacy tech for years and also had short stint in landscaping). Should I just go for something construction related and avoid retail / restaurant ? Appreciate any advice for getting back into the work force. Military is an option as well I suppose though would have to get in a little better shape. I'm 27 btw. Need to get out of this house... Granny has a helper and has diapers and shit it fucking sucks...
>>
File: 488735473.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
488735473.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
I mean there's plan B but it might involve 25-life.....
>>
>>28963644
Not gonna murder my Granny I love her just don't wanna live with her and parents anymore.
>>
File: yesterdayyousaidtomorrow.png (204 KB, 347x610) Image search: [Google]
yesterdayyousaidtomorrow.png
204 KB, 347x610
>>28962623
You could probably make that pharmacy tech experience go a long way. As a robot who's been in a similar domestic situation, it seems like that kind of relatively solitary work would be much easier to handle while studying at the same time.

The pic related answer would be to get an intense physical job (landscaping/construction) in the shortterm and go military or reserves once you've made enough gains.
>>
File: snek.jpg (118 KB, 861x1024) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
118 KB, 861x1024
Apply to a small construction/home repair company. Point out that you can help with landscaping or easy construction jobs, take inventory, and do their taxes for cheap.

On your application(s) for the job, say that you've been working freelance doing IT repair, landscaping and tax returns while taking classes. For references, give the husband/wife of your aunt/uncle and put their maiden name if it's your uncle's wife, so it doesn't look like a close relative. Then ask those people to be your "references".

Small businesses don't give a shit if you've taken X credit hours in the last 12 months or whatever. If you don't come across as a psycho or basket case, and there's a need for someone, you'll be hired.
>>
My comfy NEET ride is over too, OP. I had to get a job today. It sucks, but I'm going to have to be a cashier. Wish I could've been a stocker or some shit like that. Hope my social anxiety isn't too bad when I'm on the job.
>>
>>28965462

deffo try to move to the backroom, I wagecuck in a supermarket and they tried to train my on the tills so I could get called during busy times, I tried it for an hour and told my manager that I am gonna quit if I have to start working on the tills and that was the end of that.

it made my social anxiety go nuts when I had to ID people for age restricted items and they would always start arguing.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.