[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be hot and hungry >go to the store to buy some ice cream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 604x604
>be hot and hungry
>go to the store to buy some ice cream
>mfw the smaller tub of ice cream costs more than the big one

Why is it like that? The small ice creams cost about a dollar more. I can't eat all that ice cream by myself, but I don't want to spend that extra dollar.

It just isn't fair.
>>
>>28961833
I can get a 2 litre bottle of pop (87 cents) cheaper than a can of pop ($1) at the grocery store. So I'll buy a whole two litre bottle and throw away what I don't want.
>>
>>28961946
Why do they do this? It's like they want us to throw stuff out.
>>
>>28962124
Because they're completely out of touch with reality. I remember years ago, the CEO of Coca-Cola was forced to resign. This happened after he issued press releases boasting about Coca-Cola's new vending machines which could read the ambient temperature and increased the price of drinks when it got hot. He was so out of touch with reality that he was convinced everyone would admire Coca-Cola for their savvy business acumen. He was shocked and baffled when people reacted with hostility.

The kinds of people who make these pricing decisions are idiot Randroids, usually from old money, and have drunk the capitalist Kool-Aid for so long that they are delusional and no longer capable of perceiving the real world.
>>
Well, usually, the smaller tubs are of "high" quality trash like that thing with the german name.
>>
>>28962247
In one of my marketing texts in college there was a case they referenced where a jeweller was going on vacation and left a note for his workers that they should mark down a shelf of junk jewellery he hadn't been able to sell -- except they misread the "1/2" as "x2" and instead of cutting the price in half, they doubled the price. When he came back from vacation, he was amazed to discover that it had all sold out.

The fact is that most of us have no idea what makes a particular item good or bad, and that we use prices to gauge quality. Marketers know this quite well, which is why you can pay ridiculously large sums of money for tapwater sold in plastic bottles. If they want you to believe a product is high-quality, they simply increase the price.
>>
>>28962234
>>28962247
>>28962390
Man this is some conspiracy level shit.
>>
>>28962989
Trinity, the burning of the Reichstag, the Polish invasion of Germany, Operation Northwoods, and COINTELPRO were also "conspiracy level shit." Nothing has been suggested here which isn't confirmable with a simple Google search or a stroll through Wikipedia.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.