[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normie Logic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: TICKLES.png (26 KB, 741x912) Image search: [Google]
TICKLES.png
26 KB, 741x912
>When you're attractive it's cute and called "being in love"

>when you're anywhere from decent to ugly it's called creepy and "being obsessed"

why is this? Why am I unable to love a girl as a decent looking guy without it being creepy and "obsessive"?

It goes the same with compliments too. A decent - ugly guy cannot compliment a girl without sounding a bit weird or creepy. But when an attractive guy does it it's suddenly ok.
>>
>>28960126
Halo effect, pretty simple.
>>
File: 1458860147638.jpg (62 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1458860147638.jpg
62 KB, 768x432
>>28960126
Girls think that if you're good looking, you must be a good person.
Pic very related.
>>
>>28960126
Because love is when you actually know and are with somewhat, not fucking admiring them from a distance. Graduate high school before coming here faggot.
>>
File: Autoheadshot.png (129 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
Autoheadshot.png
129 KB, 500x478
Wrong.
"Being in love" is liking someone a lot while she isn't aware of it.
If she notices, rejects you, and you don't move on, but keep doing the same thing, then you are becoming obsessed.
Being a normie or a robot has nothing to do with this, except for the fact that if you are a normie is more likely both that the girl will like you back and you'll be able to move on and keep with your normie life.
>>
File: violindown.jpg (46 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
violindown.jpg
46 KB, 700x466
>>28960126
>still obsessing with arbitrary social norms
Showing you're worried about this makes me think you're looking for >>>/reddit/

Anyways, you should instead focus on things you like **that aren't girls**, anon. If you manage to do stuff you're interested about, you may become interesting yourself and compensate for your ugly fucking face.

What do you like to do?
>>
>>28960215
I'm in love with someone and I've known them for a few years now. Yet I keep being told (not by her that I'm weird and creepy for it) also I did finish high school just fyi not that that even means anything
>>
Yeah, halo effect is a thing.

Are you actually looking for a real explanation, or for an echo-chamber?

It isn't deemed appropriate by the majority of society to profess sincere love for someone you are not related to, in a deep friendship with, or are romantically involved with.

An average or below-average looking dude in one of these situations is not likely to be perceived as creepy when they profess their love. Of course, outliers exist, as in anything.

An average-below average dude openly professing love outside of one of those situations WILL be viewed negatively.

Shit, dog. I don't reckon I'm anything other than average-looking and I've complimented girls just fine. Granted, anytime I'm doing that I don't really have an interest in them romantically or sexually; just genuinely think they're on point with something in their appearance.

In turn, both unattractive and attractive girls have complimented me, and that was fine too.

Sure it blows cock that extremely genetically lucky folks can be extremely attractive without little effort; often producing superior outcomes in situations that shouldn't be tied so much to appearance.

But shit dude, it ain't fucking natural law like gravity or something. Just got a bit more to work against than someone luckier.
>>
>>28960314
If she isn't interested and you know it, you have to move on. Otherwise you are being a bit of a creep.
Keep your shit toghether. Fap once thinking about her, and try to look for another one to get obsessed on.
>>
>>28960126
If you keep going after them after they've told you you're not interested, you're being obsessive, you moron
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.