[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you reconcile the need for purpose in life with the insignificance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 45.jpg (101 KB, 410x304) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
101 KB, 410x304
How do you reconcile the need for purpose in life with the insignificance and superfluousness of the individual in modern American society
>>
If I had to guess, Will power
and doing exactly the opposite of what the system wants you to do, id est; conform and consume.
>>
File: 1417466167319.jpg (119 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
1417466167319.jpg
119 KB, 800x445
Passivity and apathy.
>>
>>28959521
most people just go to work, pretend their job matters, look at their paychecks, spend them on drinks and recreation, and fuck. all of these things are just meant to delay the fear of death and the insignificance of existence.
>>
I used to try to be a good person. Nowadays I try to subtly sabotage anyone who has ever pissed me off. It's fun.
>>
Escapism, mostly. In fact this may turn out to be the primary purpose of life after all, to have a comfortable environment in which to consume media.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.