[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty Home Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: abusive-parent.jpg (121 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
abusive-parent.jpg
121 KB, 500x332
I've been on here for a while now and I was wondering what is the common denominator for most robots. I personally think that the determining factor is having a shitty home life specifically shitty parents. There are ugly people,dumb people, short, bald, poor, even autisitic people that have girlfriends and active social lives. Having shitty parents though seems to fuck up most mens ability to develop social skills and seems to lead them to become robots, regardless of their other traits.
>>
>parents divorced soon after i was born
>dad has depression and remains a shut in
>mom rarely visits
>both didn't try educating me on anything
>both are kinda dumb with good memory

Home life wasn't painful or abusive, just empty.
>>
My psychologist told me I didn't have any psychosocial support from my parents while growing up.
>>
>>28957241
>dad was always drunk
that fucked me up, i still don't know how it feels to be drunk, because i hate alcohol and drunk people
>>
>>28957388
By shitty I didn't necessarily mean just abusive. I would include things such as narcissstic parents, absentee parents, apathetic parents, controlling helicopter parents. My parent personally weren't physically abusive but they were very emotionally abusive and controlling.
>>
>>28957241
I was doing really well for a while. Things were looking up. Then my Dad sent me an email saying my current work is basically a waste of time and that I should get an MBA. Now I am questioning everything I've done and spiraling out of control into depression again. Thanks dad.
>>
>>28957746
My dad's the same. He's criticized everything i've ever done. In his eyes if I don't become a Doctor then i'm a failure. He just see's me as a potential trophy. I think the best thing for you to do is ignore your Dad. If he's a serious problem you should cut him out of your life for a while.
>>
>>28957241
My moms has ptsd but refuses to apply for disability payments even though she is eligible. i cant move out bc otherwise ill feel guilty as shit. desu i crave living alone, like your average NEET
>>
File: Hends.jpg (9 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
Hends.jpg
9 KB, 243x207
>>28957241

>small town school where i was bullied until fourth grade when i switched schools
>no friends from last school of course
>live on a kinda run down farm. my mom was always strict with scheduling because she needed time to be raising and training horses not running her son over to do stupid shit with friends, wasn't interested in events (i don't know anything about football)
> social level in school: "Just there"
>high school comes around
> small group of friends accepts me
>im still the kid that's just there. i was never able to hangout because mom never had time to take me and dad lived 4 hours away, i was with him on the weekends.
>never grow close to anyone
>no best friend
>still just there.
>around the 3rd year of high school i get an awesome idea
>if i just start home schooling through online classes the school schedules and my moms sched won't conflict anymore, ill be able to hangout with friends
>everythingturnedoutworsethanexpected
>i make the transition to homeschooling
>no "friends" text or message to hangout
>if i try to set anything up i get low key blown off.
>stop trying
>enter depressive state as NEET life begins

what did i do to deserve this?
>>
>>28958108
I'm similar, but the reason I couldn't see friends was because my parents forbade it. They wouldn't let me have people over or hang out with friends. For 18 years my life was go to school then come home. Never anywhere else.
>>
If you want to fix your shit stop blaming it on external circumstances and deal with it
>>
>>28958154
Nice "just World" meme.
>>
>>28958231
So out of touch. What the fuck is this website all about? Some kind of hug box for people too pussy to face the real world?
>>
>>28958376
It's pretty easy to look at people who have serious issues and tell them it's their fault for not fixing it.
>>
>>28958376
i don't think you know what a hugbox means
sorry but have to call you out on your autism
>>
>>28958451
I wonder how many whiny little bitches you'll find in underdeveloped countries. Men with real problems get the fuck over it pretty quick. Soft surroundings allow men to be soft and that's all it is.
>>
>>28957627
Same, my father also became extremely bipolar and seems somewhat forgetful. It's a terrible combination of issues to have and it's difficult to even talk to him when I can't tell if he's going to fly off the handle or not.
>>
>>28958584
I've seen and know men from underdeveloped countries. They face similar problems you just don't see them. Plus in underdevoloped countries social skills aren't as important a trait. Most of your friends are usually just extended family. There is no dating and your wife is usually picked for you. Their are probably robots in underdeveloped countries the difference is that their lack of social skills do not matter as much as in first world countries
>>
>>28957241
I'm a 23yo virgin but I'm far from being the worse fuck up here. Rejecting a girl in high school+moving in another town snowballed badly otherwise I would have no place here I guess. I was a huge beta piece of shit before spending time here and learning some stuff (strangely) and forcing myself to do my best. I refuse to say my parents are the reason I fucked up in life because that's fucking useless even if it partly explains stuff.
But my mom never showed any kind of affection towards me, my sisters and my dad. Also my two sisters were pretty terrible for girls romantically and socially.
>>
>>28958889
Why is it wrong to blame them. You can blame them and still try to improve yourself. Sometimes letting the hate helps in moving on.
>>
>>28959014
To stay consistent with my values (free will doesn't exist but we should act like it does) and because it does no good. She had her own issues due to her own education and genetics I guess. Though I have no desire to talk to her anymore.
>>
>>28959229
(free will doesn't exist but we should act like it does)?
>>
>>28959266
When you think you have no inference on your actions because everything is determined you act below your potential. You must accept that everything is your fault and that you alone can fix stuff to do your best. But this is in itself determined.
>>
>>28959390
Ok. That doesn't really make any sense to me, but whatever works for you.
>>
Growing up my parents fought a lot. None of the fighting ever involved me physically but I had a feeling a majority of it was started because of me. They are both supportive if not a bit demanding of what I should do with my life. School especially made me stop trying to do my best since it didn't get me anything except "keep it up" or "you can do better".
>>
when i was younger i once heard my parents arguing (nothing special i heard them arguing all the time). but this once particular time i remember them arguing about how i was the only one of my siblings that were basically fucked up.

i started counselling in the latter quarter of my second year of uni and he told me i probably have depression and i'm fairly certain i have schizoid personality disorder, but i don't want to be diagnosed with that so i won't go any further than counselling, and even that's finished now.

anyway now i'm:
>a broken 22 year old who can't form interpersonal relations
>currently faking all of my friendships because i've learnt what being a friend /should/ be through trial and error
>a 'social chameleon' who doesn't even know himself what he's truly like
>unable to feel anything real bar apathy

this turned into more of a rant than i'd hoped for sorry. i actually replied to someone but didn't want them to feel they had to respond
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.