[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I heard if your paternal grandfather is bald, you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 1536x1024
So I heard if your paternal grandfather is bald, you're extremely likely to go bald as well.

The thing is, I look a lot like my p-grandfather (does that mean I have his X-gene?), but I have my fathers thick Asian hair. At 18, am I still likely to go bald soon?
>>
>>28956281
>Being asian
>2016
You're fucked anyway. Baldy or no baldy.
>>
File: 9egs9iL.jpg (15 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
9egs9iL.jpg
15 KB, 447x444
>dad is bald
>grandad on mom's side is bald
>grandad on dad's side has thick head of hair

please god let your theory be true
>>
>>28956281
Good question, I heard it was actually your maternal grandfather.

Mom says I have the exact same hair as him and his family, and he didn't go bald until he was like 50.
>>
>>28956346
I'm a fucking quadroon, faggot.
>>
>>28956281
bro, it's not clear what's what when it comes to balding and genes

do you have tons of facial hair, at an early age? are you generally hairy

if so, your DHT levels are high, which is actually shown to cause balding
>>
File: 1464331977821.jpg (59 KB, 700x493) Image search: [Google]
1464331977821.jpg
59 KB, 700x493
He's got great hair. Whiter than fucking snow, though.
>>
>tfw never met my father or my paternal grandfather
>tfw strands of my long hair are falling out in the shower and after I run a comb through them
>twenty years old
I'M SO SCARED
>>
Just stop freaking out about it.

If you start balding take fin immediately. Don't listen to any of the memes just take it. If you get any side effects stop taking it and they will go away. But just check your hair regularly without freaking out.
>>
>>28957012
So sorry to hear that.
>>
>>28957085
Hair falls out on its own over time, its natural and not balding
Stop freaking out
>>
File: 1463838740858.gif (725 KB, 245x172) Image search: [Google]
1463838740858.gif
725 KB, 245x172
>>28956281
>paternal grandfather had full head of hair until he died
>dad started going bald at 20
>maternal grandfather is bald
>uncles on my moms side all still have their hair

P-Please be paternal
>>
>>28956281

It's actually your maternal grandfather.

My father's father has a full head of hair, my mother's father is completely bald. I am balding.

My father is balding, his mother's father was bald, his father's father had a full head of hair.
>>
>>28956281

family has a long history of balding and i stopped this from happening by taking spironolactone+estrogen
>>
>>28956281
>tfw never knew my father or any part of the paternal side of my family
guess it's just going to be a roll of the dice
>>
>>28956281
>Grandfather was about 70% bald
>Father has thick, luscious, full head of hair at 55
>Thought I was safe
>Lose about a third of my hair at 21

Life is suffering. I look a lot like my grandfather too. Thin face, strong chin. You're fucked bro.
>>
OP here. I meant *maternal grandfather in the OP. Sorry for throwing the thread off wack. My m-grandpa went bald at fucking 19.

>>28957060
I can't grow facial hair for SHIT. My father is the exact same way. And like I said, I have the same thick hair as him. But I'm always 95% sure I have my m-grandpa's X-gene.

But you see, my older brother has very thin hair and is very capable of growing facial hair (albeit very shitty lmao). He started going bald at 19 like my grandpa. My bro and I are polar opposites in terms of hair though. Does that add more to the discussion of whether I will go bald? To recap, I have my dad's hair and facial hair on point.
>>
>paternal grandfather was BALD
>father has a noticible bald patch in his 40s
>maternal grandfather had a majestic mane and had almost afro in his youth

I s-should be fine right? Im deathly scared because I had a lot of hairs falling out but it seem to stopped.
>>
>>28957398
*also, not always

origino
>>
>>28957422
Balding can be passed down by both the male or the female parent.
>>
>>28957463
please anon. I have enough issues as is. I will not live through losing my hair. Tell me its going to be okay
>>
>>28957508
Then why create issues that don't exist yet? I already made a post about this:

>>28957136

If you're not balding stop thinking about balding. If you start balding then start worrying about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1536x581) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1536x581
>thread about balding
>this is the banner I get at the bottom
audible kek
>>
>be middle child
>go completely bald at 25
>both brothers have full heads of hair

this is why i don't try in life
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 305x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 305x475
My two grandfathers actually both have a head full of hair at 70. My father and my uncle, though, are losing theirs.

Nicy try, friend.
>>
>>28957570
how do I know if Im balding?
>>
>>28957639
Look up signs of balding on google. Or post your hair pic here plenty of baldcucks who will tell you if you're balding or not.
>>
I have never seen my paternal grandfather.

My father had thick hair the last time I saw him.

But my mother has few hair.
>>
>>28956281
>does that mean I have his X-gene?
Is your dad a female? If the answer to those is no then you do not have his X gene. The dad's X only goes to daughters.
>>
>all men on father's side bald
>all men on mother's side have hair

Looks like it'll just be a toss up. In the meantime I'm growing it out to Jim Morrison length
>>
>>28957731
see
>>28957398

I fucked up. Now preasu answer
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 307x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 307x347
>maternal and paternal grandfathers bald as fuck (both white)
>paternal grandmother was Native American
>father has full head of hair, so do my uncles on that side

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF IM FUCKED OR NOT AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>Dad has full head of hair
>Paternal grandad had a small bald spot at the back of his head at like the age of 60 something
>Maternal grandad went bald young
>I'm balding
J U S T
>>
>>28956281
>I look a lot like my p-grandfather (does that mean I have his X-gene?)

Oh boy.

Firstly one of each of his chromosomes got inherited by your dad, not just the sex chromosome

Secondly he would've had to pass on a Y to make a male so no

Thirdly your dad, and by extension you, wouldn't have "his" exact genes because they recombine in certain ways during meiosis to create novel half-genomes in the sperm. So no again
>>
>>28956281
You've got it reversed. The factor in question is the X chromosome, which you only inherit from your mother. This means that if your mother's side of the family doesn't go bald, you (probably) won't either
>>
>>28958160
>>28958194
read thread
>>
Early bloomers that get a full beard really young are more likelly to get bald, I should know I have a friend that started getting bald at 16, eventhough is dad is barelly as bald has he is.
Just adding more fire to the the flame, have fun stressing over your hair (don't forget that stress can make you bald too :^)
>>
>>28956281
You are pretty bad at this genetics stuff, huh?
Start with breeding plants, before you talk about the human genome
>>
File: the masked man.png (620 KB, 605x602) Image search: [Google]
the masked man.png
620 KB, 605x602
>>28956281
>paternal grandfather start balding until his 40s
>maternal grandfather didn't start balding until his 40s
>maternal uncle didn't start balding until his 40s
>dad didn't start balding until his 50s

I'm 20 years old and my hairline has already started receding. It's in that widow's peak phase.
>>
>>28958477
*paternal grandfather didn't start
>>
>>28958387
>enter thread halfway through
>hurr durr let me just repeat what everyone else has said ten times over
>>
Im 18 and at school this past year i saw a few kids that were already starting to bald. Consider yourself lucky your not thinning
>>
>>28957398
people don't even if it's the X or if it's somewhere else with a weird penetrance(which means if you have the bald genes you might or might not go bald with some probability) or if it's multifactorial

honestly if you don't have facial hair and are generally hairless and your dad has a similar hair i think you won't really go bald, but who knows

noone really
>>
WHY is it that I can grow facial hair, my fucking arms and legs are hairy as fuck, yet I go bald.

but people with babyfaces and no hair on their bodies always keep their hair.
>>
>>28959960

Excess testosterone not only causes more body hair growth but also kills the hair follicles on your scalp. That's why you rarely see women under 50 going bald.
>>
>paternal grandfather had thick head of hair until he died
>only downside is it went gray in his mid20s
>dads hair went fully grey in his early 30s

well whatever
>>
>>28956281
I definitely look like my mothers side grandfather.
>oldschool soviet alpha
>aged badly tho, skin and hair wise
>had a daughter when he was 65 with some other woman, she's my age
>>
>everyone I know of in my entire family isn't bald
>majority of them wear glasses including my parents.
>I'm one of the tallest.
>none have suffered any health complications i.e. no heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure etc.
Feels good to be a healthy human being.
>>
>>28961095
Forgot to mention that I don't wear glasses. Perfect sight.
>>
>>28961095
>>28961114
Also forgot to mention if you're balding you fucking imbecile
>>
Pretty sure its mostly your mothers side. My dad and his father both bald as fuck. I'm 25 and still have a child like hairline. My moms dad is pushing 80 and still has perfect hair/.
>>
>>28961155
>>28961114
nevermind thought you were
>>28960881
>>
>>28961155
Oh right. No I'm not. Thanks for reminding me.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.