[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To those of us stuck living with parents in their 20s... How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
To those of us stuck living with parents in their 20s...
How does one handle living with nasty hearted people? I'm trying to save enough money to get a car and move out, but my whole family, when they're not bickering over inconsequential things with each other (screaming because someone left water on the bathroom counter, for example), they are tearing me down. Interrupting me, calling me stupid, calling me a loser. I'll ask one of my parents something like if they could turn the TV down a bit and get told to go fuck myself. I try and bite my tongue, remind myself that it's no use, they are set in their small minded ways, but sometimes I just lose my cool and we wind up having a huge screaming match and I break something, or we almost come to blows. I get told it's the price I pay for having a place to sleep, but it drives me literally insane past the point of rational thought. What do I do, before I do something I regret?
>>
I'm 28 and still at home and I get along reall well with my parents.

What kind of parents speak that way to their kids?

Your parents probably resent each other (hence the pointless arguments) and they take it out on you, since you're an easy target.
>>
>>28956102
Yeah they absolutely hate each other but they have no where else to go. Neither do I. I don't know how to stay sane for the next couple years until I can save up to move out
>>
>>28956129
Sounds like you're fucked.

your only option is to get any job you can and find someone to share house with
>>
Maybe because they now realized they raised a fucking loser
>>
Honestly try not to lose your cool, they're trying to piss you off on purpose sometimes. Just let it slide and go rage it off in private where they can't see or hear. If you're not doing something super important try leaving the house for a while, it seems pointless when you have nothing to do but it's better than being around them while giving you some space where they can't try to troll you with bullshit. They probably just think it's a joke while still fully knowing it's not funny trying to make you as miserable as they possibly can. They're not happy and want everyone else to be unhappy. Some people just want everything to suck. Just suck it up and get out as fast as you can. Probably nothing is gonna make it easier for you a lot of other people probably won't understand that you can't just snap your fingers and change things and spout some memes about working harder because one time someone did it under worse conditions and if you're not teh ubermensche just shut the fuck up and go kill yourself.
>>
>>28955988
>I get told it's the price I pay for having a place to sleep
That's not true though. I'm 25 and live at home and my mother loves me unconditionally and we respect each other and essentially never argue.

The problem is your family are lacking in love for each other. How to fix that? Well, perhaps try to understand that they're that way because they've lost touch with the good things in life. When people are miserable and irritable, they can't help but be miserable and irritable towards other people. Sort of like when you're really tired. So really, they need help. Guidance. Whether you choose to become that person or to run away from it all is entirely up to you.
>>
>>28955988
Get used to it. These are main kind of people who reproduce: nasty, mean, brutish. Find a way out ASAP. I mean fucking anything that will give you room and board.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.