[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you undo self-awareness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 130922-130551.jpg (71 KB, 520x416) Image search: [Google]
130922-130551.jpg
71 KB, 520x416
How do you undo self-awareness? Every happy person I've ever met has been blissfully unself-aware. They don't see when they're being hypocritical. They don't question themselves. They don't blame themselves. They can never tell when they're being stupid or selfish. They move on autopilot. When they walk down the street, they're not really thinking about how they're walking, they're just listening to music or lost in their thoughts. Me, I'm conscious of every single movement I do, every single step I take. I have to prepare to step onto a curb when I'm still ten feet away. When they take food into a train, they don't seem to notice that it makes everyone else hungry because they smell it. If they do, they just don't seem to care. Meanwhile, I avoid eating in public entirely. They put stickers on their laptops and publicly display their interests to everyone around them without seeming to care. These are just a few examples.

And then, I'm self-aware about my self-awareness, and I think it makes me come off as a mopey, elitist cunt who pretends to be polite and modest. I'm also self-aware about THAT level of self-awareness, aandnd think I'm a mopey, elitist cunt for admitting I'm a mopey, elitist cunt, and so on and so on. It never ends.

How do I stop thinking this way? It's ruined my life. I've tried Cognitive Behavioral Therapy but all that did was give me fancy names for these thoughts. It didn't make a dent in their strength or their frequency. I want to die.

I spent fifteen minutes looking for the right image to start this thread because this image is an extension of my thread which is an extension of me. Then I was worried because the picture I picked also happened to be the first one that popped up in Google Images.
>>
>>28955518
If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of other people just as retarded and maladjusted as you are.

It's not that they aren't self aware, it's that they're confident, and you aren't. You have deeper problems that you should work on.
>>
File: 9Gmp7yX4jPc.jpg (35 KB, 383x479) Image search: [Google]
9Gmp7yX4jPc.jpg
35 KB, 383x479
There is no way to unlearn, only replace.

Extreme self awareness to a robot's extent can be crippling. The best thing one could do is learn to deal with it, let insecurities go through knowledge and experience. The self awareness will always be there in some form, you might just care less and less about it as the years go by and things lose meaning and place in your mind.

They're simply two different ways of thinking, ways of functioning. Different problems to face and they are solved in different ways.

I think it's why a lot of advice here from 'normies' cannot be understood by robots, and the 'normies' in turn can't understand the robots.

My only advice is to learn, develop, experience and hope wisdom comes to deal with the thoughts which do not need to be thought about.
>>
>>28955518
Brain damage from drugs worked ok for me
>>
I am actually writing a story about a guy who had this issue. I was thinking the ending would be him becoming a stoner and shutting his mind off. Everyone starts to like him after that.
>>
>>28955626
What kind of drugs, senpai?
>>
>>28955844
Meth, xanax, clonopin, booze, otc shit, speed, heroin bunch of rcs
>>
>>28955518
You can't undo it.

You need to change the self so that you can be satisfied with it, and what you cannot change you must accept.

Or kill yourself.
>>
>>28955518
Take LSD. This will replace your thoughts with religious delusions.

Or just start 'meditating'. There have been numerous studies how it reduces mind-wandering and increases empathy, basically making you a normal.
>>
>>28955559
If confident normies are self-aware why do they still selfishly exert their will on others through manipulation and suggestion without remorse
>>
>>28955518
try and think through it

eventually you'll stop caring
>>
>>28955518
Fry your brain with drugs.i wouldn't recommend that though. Dementia sounds pretty awful.
>>
>>28955559
Confidence can often be a result of lack of self awareness.
>>
You sound guilty, you have guilt hanging over you and it shows in everything you do. Start being a better human being and your guilt will diminish.
>>
>>28956761
Some normies are intelligent though although most of them cant be as profound in any sense like you or me. Being self aware is both a tool and a gift but think of it as a magnifying glass, learn to put it down. Meditation helps its not vodoo shit
>>
>>28955518
Everyone is "Self aware" the term you're looking for is self concious. You're not a special fucking snowflake and you're just as dumb as everyone else is.
>>
File: 1452376144683.jpg (256 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1452376144683.jpg
256 KB, 1000x1502
How do you stop playing a game? You turn it off, silly.
>>
>>28955518
I'm also super self aware, thing is that's just how your brain is, you can't turn it off you CAN redirect that energy to take your mind off yourself. You basically need to train yourself to think of things OTHER than your immediate self and surroundings, for me I like to think up vidya/movie ideas to distract me, the more fantastical and intricate the ideas the better.

Be grateful for your self awareness though, it's an extremely useful quality to have if you use it right. Having it on 24/7 is suffering but you can learn to control it and be happier.
>>
>>28956959
There is no sign of self-unawareness surer than the belief that one can control one's thoughts.

If you had a modicum of self-awareness, you would notice that they are involuntary.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

There's another image with a pepe post saying that you can make life ironic and have fun rolling in shit. Someone post it for OP please. me t-too[spoiler/]
>>
Having food on the bus might make people hungry? Showing the world your interests is wrong somehow? You actually care what people think of your opening image beyond it being relevant and non-distracting? You are not self aware, you are exhibiting signs of extreme paranoia. Get help, OP.
>>
>>28957002
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

This is basically theism, except instead of 'everything is governed by God and God is the only ultimate nature of life' those people seem to say 'everything is governed by meaninglessness and absurd is the only ultimate nature of life'. It's just another noun.
>>
>>28956991
>all thoughts are involuntary
>it is impossible to break from your train of thought and think of something else for even a second

Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>28957047

>absurd is the only ultimate nature of life

As for me, I just indulge myself with pleasures. Masturbation, video games, and a thirst of knowledge.

What is exactly the big deal with theism? Sounds like you're unable to believe everything is absurd when it is. Please provide proof that it isn't.
>>
>>28957047
Different nouns with different meanings. Absurdism isn't going to force you to give up ten percent of whatever you make every week so that your wishes come true. Stop generalizing topics like a normie and actually read it, nigger.
>>
>>28957095
I do as a matter of fact, but this doesn't concern your error.

Where do you think the idea to 'break from one's train of thought', or the idea to think about a particular other thing, come from? They are involuntary pattern recognition, too, where your brain suddenly clicks and notices that 'oh wait, shit, this situation actually obeys the pattern of being the situation where I ought to alter my train of thought'. Self-control doesn't exist.
>>
>>28956991
With enough conscious thoughts you can control your automatic thoughts in the same way that you can change your handwriting by forcing yourself to write differently for long enough. The human brain is very good at adjusting.
>>
>>28957150
And you can control your conscious thoughts to control your handwriting or your unconscious thoughts how exactly?
>>
>>28957126
>Sounds like you're unable to believe everything is absurd when it is. Please provide proof that it isn't.

Burden of proving relevance of a term is on you. I don't claim that reality has any quality at all, be it 'ordered', 'chaotic', 'absurd', 'fghfgfghfghly', or any at all.
>>
>>28957147
Okay, so what's your point? Whether it's involuntary or not you still have the ability to think of something else, so just do that.
>>
Normals are able to "just b themselves" and fall into friendships and relationships. They don't really think for themselves, they're more like animals.

Confidence is a meme and is just another word for arrogance. Confidence is more about not caring for others than caring for yourself.
>>
>>28957240
My point is that by insisting that this is the case you are demonstrating lack of self-awareness, because you don't even have the basic grasp on your brain's pattern recognition. You are about as self-aware as a Buddhist.
>>
>>28957265
Or maybe I'm slightly less self aware than you are and this isn't a competition?
>>
>>28957218

Actually the burden on proof is on you because you can't disprove a negative. I think there's no meaning in life. You think there's a meaning. I can't actually see a meaning here especially due to lack of sensual evidence. Right now if I was right, everything would be the same. If you were right and life has a meaning, then our whole understanding of our existence would change.

I don't understand. You essentially agree that life really has no pattern to it. Why do you think it isn't absurd?
>>
>>28957169
Because humans are good at adapting. If you stop lifting weights your body will stop using energy to maintain your muscles. If you force something on yourself your brain will adapt to automatically do that thing. A very obvious example is sleeping habits, if you work full time or are a student the unchanging schedule you have will make your body used to waking up and going to sleep at specific times. You are overly self-conscious because at some point in time you got stuck thinking about that type of stuff and it became habit, if you force yourself to think about something else for long enough that will become habit.
>>
>>28957265
Why don't you actually try changing yourself before declaring that it's impossible to do so. Think of a quality you want yourself to have and force yourself to do it until you're doing it subconsciously. It's that simple.
>>
>>28955518
>How do you undo self-awareness?
my go-to solution is hedonism

get some food, drugs, and fap
>>
Perhaps something is forcing you to become self aware.
>>
>>28957333

>you can't disprove a negative

Utter bullshit.

Do you mean "you can't prove a negative"?

Because that's also utter bullshit.

"You can't prove a negative" is a stupid thing the pseudoskeptic cod philosopher James Randi said.

If he had taken even one community college intro to logic, he would have known that was bullshit.

Modus tollens. You're welcome.
>>
Visualize walls of ignorance in the chambers of your mind

Or

Splinter
>>
>>28957333
>I think there's no meaning in life. You think there's a meaning.

What? Where did you get that? There is no such thing as 'meaning', this is too vague to be true.

I'm just asking for your justification to claim that life is 'absurd' and a definition of that term. If you have none, then you should drop it.
>>
>>28957341
And you can control your conscious thoughts to force yourself to do something how exactly?

How can you force yourself to have the thought to force yourself to do something?

>>28957354
What on Earth are you talking about? My thoughts are chemical associations at the brain. Do you come to apple trees and tell the apples to force themselves to fall, too, instead of picking them?
>>
>>28955518
Well my friend, you have to learn how to switch off/on from being an introvert to being an extrovert. I'm like 60% introvert probably, but I learned how to focus my attention to the "outside world" almost like a switch.
Also, alcohol helps.
>>
>>28957341
>>28957354
I mean, I understand where your delusions come from. Ten years ago, I was as self-unaware as you, and too thought that I can 'make' myself do anything. Then at one moment the realization came how exactly my brain produces those.
>>
File: shialabeouf.jpg (91 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
shialabeouf.jpg
91 KB, 2048x1536
do stuff, live in the physical rather than your internal reality.
>>
File: 1428908309686.png (149 KB, 225x258) Image search: [Google]
1428908309686.png
149 KB, 225x258
I'm like you OP in that I'm always conscious of how I walk, talk, and act. I always feel like others are judging me, making fun of me. When I take a few breathes, I realize absolutely no one around me gives a shit, but I still can't help but think like that. I think it's more of a paranoia/narcissism thing though desu.
>>
>>28957360
I do all of those things, though. They make me feel good for a very short while but then I'm snapped back into my shitty life which now seems even worse by comparison. It's faux-happiness, man. You can't keep it up for long, and you're not actually fixing the problem, just temporarily masking it. Like popping painkillers for a broken arm instead of going to the ER and healing it permanently.
>>
>>28957483
>>28957539
If you honestly think that you can't make yourself think about something you're the delusional one. Right now anyone in this thread can start thinking about dogs or cats or memes, you're letting your pretentiousness control you. If you were truly self-aware you'd be aware of the fact that you can think about whatever you want to think about.
>>
>>28956761
People are wolves to their own kind.
>>
>>28957656
As I said, when I was 18, I believed in dualism too (though to be honest I had my first misgivings a year or two prior).
>>
>>28956761
"Help me r9k, I am just so much better than everyone else, what do I do?"

Arrogant little shit...... Hope someone puts you in your place soon.
>>
>>28957426

As defined from Wikipedia, "the Absurd is defined by 1) the human tendency to seek inherent value and meaning in life and (2) the human inability to find any."

I assume that because I thought you didn't accept that life is absurd, meaning that you aren't not seeking meaning to life because it's not humanly possible. Hence within the scopes of our intelligence, we can say as for now the premise of life having meaning can't happen.

>>28957393

I made a mistake. >>28957047 initially claimed absurdism is like theism. This is the claim in which he needed to provide a burden of proof. He turns to me and tells me to prove that life is absurd. It doesn't make sense that I need to provide proof that life is absurd when he should have done so in the beginning. Am I right?
>>
>>28957720
Do you not see the irony in this? You're tripfagging on an anonymous image board because you think you're above anonymity. Above everyone else here.
>>
>>28956745
This
Seriously take enough lsd or shrooms to lose your ego and your whole world will change
>>
Drink alcohol. I feel 100% normal drunk or buzzed
>>
>>28955518
late

Imagine yourself from someone else's pov
Distract yourself with music or your phone
Drink
imagine someone else is in your shoes
Imagine something that's more important than the current situation you're in.
Imagine a worse situation
think of your waifu if you have one

realize people have their own problems and don't think about you that much unless you have an impact on their lives.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.