[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everytime I come to this place I see so many people wallowing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: 1469431032510.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1469431032510.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
Everytime I come to this place I see so many people wallowing in their own self-pity and it is so ludicrous to me when the solution is so simple:
Just think positively.
I know the instant you read this sentence your ego, trained to hate itself, made you instantly reject the notion of it, maybe even laugh at it.
Well, here it is again:
Just think positively.
Just think positively.
Get it through your head now? Good, because once you realize all your problems are literally made by you you stop crying all the over nothing and actually work to improve yourself and get on your way to happiness.

Don't have a girlfriend? Stop with the negative thinking and just ask some girls out, I guarantee there's a high percentage a girl will agree, you're just too afraid of rejection to do it.

Depressed and hateful of yourself? Stop repressing your feelings and just let your true self out, I swear that that's your problem because I've met many people like this before, once they start being honest everything just seems to fall into place, the relationships, the financial and social problems are solved, home. love, pursuing their passions, all of these are right within your grasp if you're willing to think positively.
>>
I don't know my true self
I don't know where to start
What do I do after I step outside my door? I just end up wandering around the city, nothing seems interesting. I just don't know anon.
>>
>>28954429
You don't know your true self? No offence but that sounds creepy as hell, have you considered getting help?
>>
>>28954369
>the bust of everything
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>28954369
>Everytime I come to this place I see so many people wallowing in their own self-pity and it is so ludicrous to me when the solution is so simple:
>Just think positively.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day
You really don't have a fucking clue do you?
And yet this thread will probably reach 100+ replies.
>>
>>28954369

mindblon
>>
>>28954449
Ah yes, the mastermind underachieving genius who dismisses any and all advice given to him without giving any counterarguments or better advice, you totally didn't just prove my point.
>>
>>28954444
have you considered leaving us alone
>>
>>28954369
>just ask some girls out, I guarantee there's a high percentage a girl will agree, you're just too afraid of rejection to do it.

lol you're cruel op
>>
>>28954444
how is not knowing your true self 'creepy' what the fuck?
>>
>>28954494
Wow, incredible.
I actually try to help you people and you scowl at me.

By all means, continue rejecting all help and advice good people give you, they surely won't ever get tired of your bullshit and you'll surely one day stop being loser virgins by the sheer power of probability right?
>>
>>28954493
I'm going to a psychologist and a therapist, I'm on a cocktail of medications, I'm getting help currently.
For many of us here, it's not so fucking simple as "just smile :)" and the fact that you reduce the struggles of so many unfortunate anons to 'wallowing in self pity' that would be solved by 'thinking positively' just shows how little you understand this place and how little empathy you have. Kindly fuck off. If 'not knowing your true self' strikes you as creepy, then maybe you're a bit too normal to be on this board.
>>
>Get it through your head now? Good, because once you realize all your problems are literally made by you you stop crying all the over nothing and actually work to improve yourself and get on your way to happiness.

Why would I do that?

If I can just think think positively and will myself to be happy, then why should I do anything at all?
>>
>>28954369
Hearing normie advice like this over and over only further proves to me they will never understand

>just bee positive :^)
>just bee yourself :^)

if that had actually worked out at any time in life we wouldn't be here now would we
>>
>>28954546
What help? Some of us have no clue what thinking positively entails. I know it sounds pathetic to you but it is impossible for some of us
>>
>>28954369
That's a pretty good bait post. I actually fell for it before i read some of the replies and figured it out.

Not bad OP, not bad at all you little faggot. Here is my (you)
>>
>>28954553
Well honestly if you go to a psychologist then there''s something really wrong with you and I can't help you, I'd like to see the people of this board be happy but not the potential school shooters and rapists.
>>
>>28954369
OP's pic is the way to become a dirty hippie.

And everyone becoming a dirty hippie is the surest way for there to be no one left to fix and build and invent stuff because everyone's busy 'just loving what they already have'.

Die, you retard.
>>
>>28954369
>release your true self
>think positively
implying that robots can do both at the same time, and that our true self isn't self-destructive and hateful.

great bait mate, I rate it eight out of eight
>>
>some girl will agree
>some girl

That's the point you fucking normie, I want a girl that actually makes me happy and likes me, not some used up roastie whore that just wants a free dinner
>>
>>28954625
That said, the influx of motivational shitosting seems to have increased particularly badly. It's somewhat concerning that we might not have a place to empirically discuss the effects of nature and nurture on the brain if we are displaced by 'your happiness depends on you' delusional idiots.
>>
>>28954672
With such a hateful misogynistic attitude you really don't deserve to be happy, get help you fucking creep.
>>
>>28954625
>>28954673
(Because that's what it eventually comes to -- people too mentally undeveloped to recognize a neutral discussion of what makes people happy and what doesn't will instinctively confuse this for 'wallowing' and such -- and will drown any discussion of, for instance, the relationship between self-declared happiness and parenting as 'blaming'.)
>>
File: Back to reddit.jpg (178 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
Back to reddit.jpg
178 KB, 717x880
>>28954369
>>28954444
>>28954493
>>28954546
>>28954624
[spoiler[There's a place for you.[/spoiler]
>>
>>28954723
This is another problem with you people, you think and think and think until eventually you come up with these posts that are barely in English and don't mean anything.

STOP THINKING and START FEELING, only then will you come out of your pit of misery and start being happy.
>>
File: 1451518179493.png (456 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1451518179493.png
456 KB, 804x876
>responding to this guy who's so blatantly memeing with only normie buzzwords

Saged. You guys are a hoot.
>>
>>28954769
>STOP THINKING and START FEELING

Stop saying sour grapes.
>>
>>28954369
>Just think positively.
this is the most pathetic and nihilistic thing anyone can ever do

if any of you fall for it then you need to kill yourselves
>>
File: bait-all out.jpg (53 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
bait-all out.jpg
53 KB, 420x420
>>28954769
ooh lawd honey chile, he dun got serius, typin in caps
>>
>>28954777
Christ this is ridiculous, is everything a 'meme' to you people? What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>just bee urself
ree.
>>
>>28954816
Sorry for your illness man, personally I have also had many good friends die of cancer so I know how you're feeling, but understand that all I want is for you to be happy and I have known many people with cancer who choose spend their last days being happy.
It's your choice bro.
>>
>>28954850
>It's your choice bro.

I literally can't imagine how heartless one has to be to say this to an ill person rather than trying to cheer them up. 'Hey just be happy or fuck off and die alone and miserable, bye'.
>>
>>28954369
My friend, it dosent just happen like that. Depression is very real when you're in the midst of it. There doesn't feel like there's an escape, these anons are going to have to figure it out for themselves.

Some people get over it with time, others remain in a depressive state for a very, very long time.

My best friend has depression and he is a young male (19) who is currently behind in school and has never had a girlfriend before or been kissed by a girl, which I'm mentioning because he must be relatable to some of you.

I know there's nothing I can do in particular to make his depression go away, but when we hang out we just have fun and he doesn't focus on it how he is depressed as much.

It's going to be a rough journey for him but I hope he can confide in me when he needs to.

I also hope that you anons can deal with your depression. If you can't and want to exit, I won't stop you but it'd be such a shame.

I know this sounds dumb but I do care about you guys, even if it's just over the net.
>>
>>28954888
I'm sorry but it's the truth, ask any terminally ill person.
>>
>>28954777
>>28954888
he's a walking memer
>>
>>28954930
It's not true or false. It's just a command. What matters is what you betray by it, namely not giving one fuck about the person. Von Neumann's friend apparently visited him daily on his deathbed with fresh jokes to cheer him up. This is true caring, not blaming an ill person for their desolation.
>>
>>28954672
Why do you care about girls anon? What is it that you want from them? This is a very important question and I want you to think about it carefully.
>>
>>28954979
What's the point in living a long and unhappy life over a shorter happier life?

Also, it's not 'pretending'. Ever heard of how when you pretend to smile you'll end up being happier? Well it's a scientific fact and no matter how much you try to deny it won't take away from its truth.

>>28954957
And why do you think that guy had a friend in the first place? Because he allowed himself to be happy, from what I've seen you people use all your friends for your own benefit then act so betrayed and depressed when they leave you.
>>
>>28954369
op isn't wrong you know
>>
File: bUrself.jpg (105 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
bUrself.jpg
105 KB, 750x1000
hey guys just bee urself
>>
>>28955107
Stop finding excuses to wallow in misery.
>>
File: 1457767890111.jpg (77 KB, 318x378) Image search: [Google]
1457767890111.jpg
77 KB, 318x378
>>28954369
>Just be urself dudester
Y-you too...
>>
>>28955107
So you're just gonna give up? Look at the image I've attached to the OP and take it to heart, I'm honestly not trying to troll or 'meme' you or anything i just want you to be happy.

And earnestly, 99.99% of this board aren't like you, they don't have a terminal illness and the power to be happy is much more in their hands than in comparison to yours, unfortunately.
>>
>>28954369
>I guarantee there's a high percentage a girl will agree, you're just too afraid of rejection to do it
You assume that, because you are a normie. You think because it happens to you it happens to everyone.
Think about this. It is statistically impossible that every single person will find a life partner. There will always be a percentage of people that will be alone. Right? You can't argue that, that's just how the world is. Just like you can't say that all people are heterosexual, or all people dislike pain, or all people will have children.

No. We are the 1% that will never be loved.

I''m sorry you can't fit that in your black-and-white worldview.
>>
>>28955154
You seriously don't understand that that shit ripples you out? You don't care that your own misery affects your family, friends, significant other and society as a whole?
>>
File: screams internally.jpg (175 KB, 766x507) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.jpg
175 KB, 766x507
>>28955181
>having friends, family and a significant other
w e w
>>
File: 1451172790872.jpg (141 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1451172790872.jpg
141 KB, 803x688
>>28955181
caring about society
>>
>>28955176
Holy shit, you make that sort of post and you call my worldview black-and-white?
You do understand that nothing is predetermined right? Statistically speaking .0000001% of people will never be in a relationship so for some reason you automatically assume you're a part of that .0000001%? Don't you think that's infinitely the more irrational thought? Not to even mention that your life is a statistic you god damn moron, if you would just stop digging deeper and deeper within your own misery you'd see that getting a girlfriend isn't some fucking insurmountable obstacle, in fact it's easier than many many things.
>>
you can't choose what you think though.
>>
>>28955222
Again, if you don't care about anyone's happiness but your own don't expect to be happy yourself, you don't deserve help.

Even the so called 'Chads' and 'Stacies', which are really just normal people more like you in many more ways than you will ever imagine, can feel for people who have little concern with them.

Case in point: back in highschool some kid killed himself and almost nobody knew him, yet I, all my friends and most of the school attended his funeral.
>>
>>28954369
If you assume all posts here aren't shitposts, which they definitely are, the reason people are wallowing in their own self-pity is because they were born with normal desires but their personalities, looks, and skills are abnormal making it extremely hard for them to get what makes them happy.
>>
>>28955247
Oh hey there you little BITCH. Keep wallowing in despair you fucking retard. I hopr you die a slow painful death. You dont appreciate fucking anything, you waste your days on fucking arr nine kay whining about shit that you can easily fix, or live in spite of.

Die zombie, die a slow painful death.
>>
>>28954369
>Stop repressing your feelings and just let your true self out, I swear that that's your problem because I've met many people like this before, once they start being honest everything just seems to fall into place, the relationships, the financial and social problems are solved, home. love, pursuing their passions, all of these are right within your grasp if you're willing to think positively.

What if your true self is ugly?
What if your true self is autistic?
What if your true self is tedious?

You think that relationships and social problems are solvable to all people just by being themselves? What if you're wrong? No one likes shit people, anon.
>>
>>28955247
I understand your pain, but for your own sake you shouldn't be playing this 1-upping games where you think your pain can't possibly match your parent's pain at losing their own son.

Stop wallowing in your own misery and show more care for your parents, I'm not saying this for a 'greater good' but for your own sake so you wouldn't die alone and miserable.
>>
>>28954369
ITT (as well as In This Board, In This Site, In This Medium, In This Culture, and In This World): normalfaggots having a giggle with their 'if you don't try harder, you're a pathetic loser' and robots taking it seriously.
>>
File: jay-z cackling.gif (889 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
jay-z cackling.gif
889 KB, 500x282
>>28955351
jesus christ senpai, pull the trolling back a bit you're going full retard
>>
>>28955347
Wow, are you aware of the concept of 'projecting'? You say that we couldn't have possibly been sad for someone we didn't know dying even though that's really only how you feel, isn't it?
I can't speak for my friends or anyone else, but I can damn well say when I attended his funeral I felt saddened by the pointless waste of a life of someone I could have known, who could have been a great human being, and all I could think about was how I wouldn't be able to see this kid, even passingly, in the halls or cafeteria anymore and it made everything feel very hollow.
In fact, this sort of feeling is why I made this thread in the first place, but continue thinking whatever you will.
>>
>>28955377
In other words, OP nowhere near believes his shit. It's just a convention for normalfaggots to one-up each other with 'you can do everything!' 'no you can do more than everything!' 'NO you lazy faggot you can do everything times thousand times infinity, stop finding excuses!!!' among each other.
>>
>>28955383
Some people have problems, this board should understand this better than anyone.
Your parents have issues no doubt, but that's because they're only human.
You can hate them for the rest of your life and die in spite, but understand that forgiveness is the most powerful act a human can do and it will lead you to happiness unlike worthless hate.
>>
>>28955347
This. Never underestimate the normalshit like >>28955436's capacity to self-implant false memories. He might have felt pseudo-sombre at the funeral, 'such a tragedy', his normalshit taste for pathos took over, and in his own fancy he would build and build on it until he constructed a whole myth of 'I was deeply moved'. 'No it was me who was his best friend!'
>>
>>28955245
You are the one that made the initial assumption (oh girls like you, it's just that you don't ask enough of them out!) My premise is simply that it's quite realistic that, for many of us, it doesn't matter how many girls we ask. Maybe there is even a reason we don't bother asking anymore. Maybe. Just consider it.

>you'd see that getting a girlfriend isn't some fucking insurmountable obstacle
In the same way that a flight of stairs can be insurmountable to a handicapped person, developing and maintaining a complex relationship can be an insurmountable obstacle for someone with autism or other developmental disabilities.

You really think everything is easy for everyone? Why can't you see that everyone's different?
>>
>>28955549
Then explain how many people with autism have wonderful relationships despite their condition?
>>
>>28955514
>forgiveness is the most powerful act a human can do

This is exactly equivalent to whore's 'that was in the past, Anon!'.
>>
>>28955580
'Exceptions, therefore I won!'
>>
Alright OP here, I've had enough.
I started this thread as a way to let out my memes but I've gone too far and have honestly surprised myself with how well I've played devil's advocate on this issue, but my exchange with the guy with cancer here really tested my morality and I'd like to say I apologize guy with cancer, I didn't mean anything I said and I hope I didn't make you feel bad.
>>
>>28955580
Because, once again, everyone is different. Yes, some autistic people do indeed manage to have "wonderful" relationships. This happens because autism s a spectrum, not a on/off switch. Autism can vary, and hence by made up for in different ways. Maybe someone has the perfect personality to counteract his level of autistic tendencies, or maybe he has an attribute that gives more value than the autism takes. Not everyone has those, do you understand that?

For a simplistic example, take a short man. Sure short men can get laid, but they have to make up for it in other ways.
Now take that short man and also make him bald, or make him schizophrenic. Now the barriers are much higher, and maybe some exceptional individuals could rise above it all and still get laid as much as a regular person. But, let's be realistic, many will not have the ability or genetics or luck to do so.

Perhaps you are even talking to those very anomalies in this thread?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.