[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice thread, "it's been a while since I made on"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: normie_advice.jpg (96 KB, 1006x768) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96 KB, 1006x768
Advice thread, "it's been a while since I made on" edition.

Hey /r9k/, resident normie here. If you want to ask some questions, get a normie's perspective or just vent for a bit, come post here. All questions welcome, no matter how silly or trolly.

>inb4 normie reeee get off my board
>>
>>28952703
>not a single robot needs any advice
I guess it's a good day(:
>>
>>28953053
Maybe I do, but I have only have enough time right now to make no more than this post.
>>
>>28953108
I guess that's an option, but it's not exactly like I can tell that from just an empty thread.
>>
>>28953125
I only just saw your thread now opening r9k. Maybe next time friend. Appreciate it
>>
>>28953331
No worries mate. Hope it's nothing too major. If you still want to chat afterwards, I'll be around until this thread gets pruned.
>>
>>28952703
please tell me why it is we live while the only thing our lives are here for is to ensure our species will continue existing and dont say we have to find happieness because 95% of the time we have to things we dont like and most
>>
Ok. I don't really have any problems getting girls that I deem are below my standards, particularly through tinder.

The problem comes when it's about cute girls. The very few I get to match won't reciprocate the interest and the ones who do, will eventually grow tired of me.

I'm a lawyer, 27 y/o, come from a wealthy family and i'm a 4 or 5 so I guess it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 914x1091
Just bee yourself, right bro?
>>
>>28953360
That's a bit of a deep question that people have been trying to answer for a while. However, I like to think that we live for pleasure and doing things that bring us that pleasure. For example, if you enjoy the company of women, then you live for the purpose of pursuing women and stuff, or if the thought of being remembered after your death makes you happy then you live to make a legacy.
>>
>>28953461
Underrated kek right here
>>
>>28952703
How to get a woman if I have no friends circle and only attractive enough to get a few matches on Tinder???
>>
>>28953426
4 or 5 out of 10? The thing is, on Tinder, pretty much the only thing that matters are looks and the several good pictures that you have posted. People on Tinder are shallow, but they're not really gold-diggers. I'm one of the laziest people I know and have recently been doing nothing but smoking weed, drinking and playing Overwatch, but I still have no problems with women on Tinder. The only thing that I can tell you is that you need to get some good pictures and a decent bio to make a nice first impression, and after that just make yourself to be a nice and fun kind of person. I wouldn't even mention the family or lawyering in a braggy kind of way unless the girl seems snobby (nothing wrong with that, just not everyone is).
>>
>>28953479
well the problem is that i dont really have much pleasure, i am realy good at faking it and by faking it i sometimes believe i am happy but the happy feeling always gets overshadowed by the feeling of emptyness, and the only thought that calms me is thinking of how all of this will be over when i die
>>
Met a qt. Hit it off. Started casually seeing each other. Neither of us wanted/want a relationship as far as I knew/know. We saw each other regularly and it would go really well each time. She would even rave about me to her friend. She was really into me.

We weren't able to see each other for about a week (I don't know if this is significant) and she broke it off right after, about a week ago. Out of the blue, in the evening, mid-conversation, through text. We were pretty much just about to fuck too, we would've taken each others' virginities.

It's affected me more than I ever thought it would. I feel like shit. My appetite's fucked too.

We have mutual friends, so I'm definitely gonna see her at least a couple times just in the next month. And alcohol will be involved so anything could happen.

I don't know what to do senpai.
>>
>>28952703
How do I get weed when I don't have any friends, am too awkward to make any, and don't understand the darknet?
>>
>>28953461
I personally think that the best way to interpret that phrase is to be the best version of yourself - essentially, it's you, but with all the positives exemplified and all the negatives dulled.

>>28953493
Top kek indeed, friendo.
>>
>>28953513
Don't try to run before you can walk. You need to get a friends circle first, because generally speaking if you can't get friends then you have very little chance of getting or keeping a girl. Essentially, learn to make and keep friends first, and after that it'll be significantly easier to find a girl.
>>
>>28953560
I can have friends, and do have some close friends at home. Just not where I live. I'm not interested in any more friends.
>>
>>28953529
I know exactly what you mean. There's a good chance you might be depressed, anon. I've personally dealt with depression my entire life, and my advice would be to seek some help. Life became a fuckton easier and nicer once I got onto Sertraline, so maybe something like that would help you too.
>>
>>28953532
Don't pursue it. I know that's really hard to hear, and what does some internet stranger know about what your situation is, but if she broke it off for a reason and that reason will probably stay around, so you don't really want to get more invested in a probably doomed situation. As for your blues, they will pass with time, but in the meantime, I'd personally get fucked with friends or go gymming or do anything that will take your mind off the situation.
>>
>>28953542
The way I found my current dealer is a guy walked up to me and asked me if I smoked weed, and when I said yes but I don't have a dealer, he turned out to be one. That's quite an unlikely scenario though, so I would advise to spend a few days reading up on the darkweb and then going onto it. It's like building a computer - it seems daunting at first, but once you do it it's really simple.
>>
>>28953602
well i have thought of seeking help since i am quite suicidal, the problem is i still live with my parents and older brothers (i am 21) and realy don t want to seem like an attention whore, i am scared i will be labeled ad " one of those", i have been able to keep up my act realy well but lately it all has gotten worse since i started falling in love with a girl, she has feelings for me to but she is kinda unpradictable and this can serioussly make me wanne die, it al feels just so empy and usseless. how did you get over depression? do you sometimes relapse?
>>
>>28953577
Hmm, I think that the standard answer is go to a club and pick up some chicks there, but to be honest I have never had any real success with that, so I can't really recommend that method. I would say Tinder works, but it really does help that I have some pictures where I look 7/10. Maybe give Tinder another go if you manage to brush up your profile a bit?
>>
>>28953636
If I get fucked with friends, there's a solid chance that she'll be there or her friends will be there.

It's shit it's not even like I really like her (or at least I thought I didn't), just wanted to fuck her and I was so close.
>>
>>28953707
Hahaha, that's so uncanny. At first I had the exact same thoughts - I didn't want to say that I was depressed because I didn't want to accidentally be wrong and look like a guy who cried wolf. The truth is that everyone is fucked in the head, anon. There are plenty of normies that are depressed, I guess I count among those myriads. Go seek help, friend, and think about it this way - if one of your brothers ended up seeking help for suicidal depression, you wouldn't judge THEM for it, you'd just want them to get better, and that's what your family will think of you as well. Alternatively, if you really don't feel comfortable with telling them, you don't have to, but you really should talk to a doctor about this, it really will help.

As for girls, I don't even know what to say, anon. I was recently in a similar situation, where I was dating a cute girl I really liked but the relationship itself was making me miserable, and it didn't end too well, so I'm really not sure what the correct course of action would be in that.

At my worst I nearly jumped out of a seventh-storey window until the police showed up talked me down. I think that night I actually realised that I was suicidally depressed and I needed help, and that realisation in itself helped a lot, as well as the help I got afterwards. As for relapsing, I do occasionally relapse, yes. In fact, I'd say that in the past two months, I've relapsed a bit and went back into a depression, albeit nowhere near as bad as it once was. However, once I realised that it was happening, this time at the start, I spoke to a doctor, got put on SSRIs and that helped a ton. Just understand that you are not any less of a man for being depressed and trying to get help for a very real illness you have.
>>
My main problem is I hardly have any interests. As a whole I feel unrelatable to most people. I pass as normal when I'm around others, but never hang out with anyone my age because then they'll realize I have no interests or life and it gives me continuous anxiety. I mean I do have a select few interests in the most random of things, but nothing most people are into, or would care to talk about. I just find it hard and overwhelming to try to get into things that I don't care about so I can seem interesting to people.
I really want companionship. And a genuine friend OP. Help?
>>
>>28953821
I don't think that's true, I think you did get attached to her, but if I'm wrong, then you're in a good position. If you're in a position where you can talk to girls and nearly lose your virginity to them, then it's literally just a matter of time before you end up sleeping with someone.

Could you not tell your friends that you want to meet up with them and just them without the girl? And then have a guys' night in where you get fucked and talk about shit together?
>>
>>28953882
thanks man this really calms me, i feel like you get what i saying , hope i ll find the courage soon before i try to off myself
>>
>>28953935
May I ask what those interests are? The general rule is that there's a group of people for everyone, no matter how niche. When I talk to new people, I generally don't really talk about myself that much, I usually ask leading questions to try and find out more about them and if I have anything to add to that then I do that (e.g. "so are you into any music?" "yeah, I'm a bit of a rock fan" "oh really? i'm more of an indie kid myself. but what kind of bands do you like?" "oh I like ..." etc.)

If that really doesn't work, then force yourself to make interests in the three universal subjects: music, movies and tv shows. They are so large and encompassing that everyone can find something then like in at least one of those categories, so you should be alright in that, and then you can just talk about it, or at least use it as an anchoring point while they talk about their interests.
>>
>>28953947
Oh yeah I'm definitely attached to her but I don't think it's a situation where I really like her. It's just that I was enjoying what was happening and wasn't expecting it to end at all.

Yeah, I probably could, but that's gonna have to wait. I'm going out with them tonight but she's gonna be there.
>>
I've been thinking about donating plasma to fund my trip to Thailand (obviously I wouldn't give blood after fucking whores). Does anyone have experience with this, is it worth it for a couple hundred extra bucks a month?
>>
>>28954015
I hope you do, man. Remember, even if your relationship with your family is strained, they still love you and they want the best for you. Best of luck, and please try to talk to a doctor about this, mate.

Or if you just want to chat shit for a bit, feel free to stick around in this thread and just talk about what's on your mind, anon.
>>
Today I was on the bus and I swear a woman was reading my mind, I could feel a weird feeling in my ear, I felt like strangling her too because of it.

I kept repeating, "BLOCK" and, "GET OUT OF MY HEAD" over and over in my head.

Is this a normal experience?
>>
>>28954079
That's fair enough. Yeah well I guess the choice is yours anon. I think that you should just be amicable but leave things be with her, but it's honestly kinda up to you.

>>28954090
I don't have any actual experience, since I live in Britain and we don't get any money for giving blood, but if we did I definitely would go for it, since I don't really see any drawbacks.
>>
>>28954146
forgot to put it on the first post...

I might be permabanned from give blood though, because I was a military dependant and lived in Turkey when I was 9. Should I just gloss over that if it comes up?
>>
>>28954102
I'm not too sure. If it's just a one-off experience and you don't usually go around thinking that people are reading your mind constantly, then you might just be having an intrusive thought, and those are quite normal. For example, when I'm near a cliff I usually think about how I could jump off right now and end my life in a very swift motion, and those thoughts are actually surprisingly natural. The French even have a phrase for it: "l'appel du vide", or the "call of the void".
>>
>>28954201
Sorry, I have no experience, hence I'm not really educated on the subject. Why might that prevent you from giving blood?
>>
>>28954096
well i dont really know what to say more but i do have some tryhard poetry shit i write when i feel like shit tell me what you think
here i stand
not drawn to what is next
but what options are true to our wants?
and what truth is given the faithfull in life
lies and fears of what follows
in the meantime the planet hollows
an answer we can only find
by jumping in
and may the dangerous hope of something new
of something other than these torn pieces of flesh and mind
turn out to be greater than these random atomic bonds
thrown together in a failed attempt of something great
a waisted flake of dust
only to be consumed by trouble and despair
by a society rotten and unfair
what release is there to find
in these thoughts that haunt my mind
>inb4 faggot
>>
Manlet here

What do
>>
>>28954245
Murican red cross is scared as fuck of mad cow disease.

>If you stayed in the UK for 3 months between 1980 and 1996, you're permanently ineligible.
>If you spent 5 years anywhere in Europe since 1980, you're permanently ineligible.
>If you had anything to do with a military base for 6 months between 1980 and 1996 in Southern Europe or Turkey you're permanently ineligible.

I never lived on a military base overseas, but was a military dependent who lived in Turkey from 89-91, so I'm confused as fuck.
>>
met a girl a year ago

she started to have a crush on me

i decided to pretend i wasn't very interested and it made her only more obsessed with me.

We started dating but I still decided to play the emotionally distant person. She wanted to move in with me, even bought me a bunch of things (even though I didn't ask).

One day I myself started to fall in love with her and started to show the same level of affection. She literally started ignoring me within a month and we stopped talking.

I don't understand women, please help.
>>
>>28954285
I'm personally not a huge fan of poetry in general BUT it's nice and, more importantly, it's really good that you have an outlet for your emotions, and I would heavily advise you to keep writing. I personally play guitar when I'm down, even though I'm shit and can only play "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", i.e. babby's first song, and my gf paints when she's feeling shit.
>>
>>28954327
You know, despite what /r9k/ says, height really doesn't matter. I'm 6'2" but not a single girl I've been with said that my height was what they liked about me - they usually say that I have a nice voice or that I'm a chill person or something similar. The one guy I know who has better game than me is like 5'3" and he's not particularly attractive (pic related, he's the white one), he just gets by on pure confidence.
>>
>>28954381
Yeah then maybe don't mention it? As long as you don't actually have anything you can transmit, you'll be fine.
>>
>>28954501
yeah i am planning to keep it up it helps put things in perspective, well thanks for listenig, gotta learn for my finals, godspeed to you OP
>>
>>28954413
While seeming emotionally distant does make you more attractive (I don't believe in the red pill or anything but the scarcity principle is a real thing), it kinda sucks because it doesn't give you the option to be happy and comfortable in a relationship. Some people are just unpredictable - I wouldn't take too much from this experience, just let things be and try to move on with your life. If it starts becoming a trend then maybe do something about it.

>>28954647
No worries man, good luck to you(:
>>
>>28953461
Buzz off, Normie

How do you forget a girl?
>>
>>28954413
you didn't her love so all that was left was obsession and that was gone the exact moment when you became available.

never ever play dirty. that's what chicks with low self-confidence do. it's all about vibe and social intelligence
>>
>>28954729
Time heals all. With time you will forget her. In the meantime, try to avoid doing things that remind you of her, and do stuff which takes your mind off stuff, like gymming, going out or playing vidya.
>>
How the fuck do you get what people call "friends"? I tried socializing with people with similar interest, people overall think I am a good person, and I sometimes make jokes that can make the whole class laugh.
spaghetti maybe? How do you avoid it?
>>
>>28955213
Friends are just people whom you like and who like you, so you want to spend time together. Just invite the people you chill with out and if they say yes then do something fun and you'll be friends in no time.
>>
>>28955302
When I do try to do things like that they start to hate me.
>>
>>28955334
What do you mean by that, anon? Would you mind being a bit more specific?
>>
>>28955334
then hook up with people who are not lazy ass nu males
>>
How do I text/talk to girls out of my league? Is it all confidence?
>>
>>28955398
Avoid me, loose mind over petty shit. Don't really know how to describe it beyond that.
>>
>>28952703
How do I cope with my subconscious urge to isolate myself from others when consciously I'm desperate for any sort of affectionate and sincere human interaction? How do I stop feeling more lonely when I'm around other people than I am when I'm just by myself?
>>
>24, fat, NEET, HKV, living with mom
>haven't talked with people since high school, literally a shut in
>no jobs in my country

I haven't killed myself yet because of vidya and anime. Is there any reason to live?
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.