[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damn. Really makes you think some original thoughts....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 543x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 543x400
Damn. Really makes you think some original thoughts....
>>
File: spoons.jpg (46 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
spoons.jpg
46 KB, 540x303
>>28952347
left: never had sex before, mulitated penis
right: experienced sex, uncut penis ejaculated inside vagina without condor
>>
>>28952347
fuck off too pol
>>
File: 543543.jpg (61 KB, 533x397) Image search: [Google]
543543.jpg
61 KB, 533x397
Personally I enjoy this version a lot more
>>
>>28952347
fucking normie memes
>thinking positive will change my deformed body, empty bank account and anxiety attacks
>>
>>28952411
Just smile more, my optimistically challenged friend :) go up and say hi to people. Nobody is judging you
>>
I'm underneath the bus wheel
>>
>>28952385
>>28952402
>>28952411
>>28952420
>>28952438
You guys need to try meditation.
>>
>>28952347
Green man didn't make the right choice. You know why he's so scared shitless, pink guy wants to fucking murder him. Pink guy is a sociopath, who else smiles randomly like that?
Green guy should've bought a gun and blown Pink guy's brains out
>>
>>28952463
No, you fucking idiot--he's happy to be alive. He realizes how fucking lucky he is to be breathing when 99.9% of people who have ever breathed are already dead. Life goes by in the blink of an eye. You're fighting against the flow of things. Just let go. Let the universe work its magic.
>>
>>28952511
Nice try, Pink guy enabler. I bet you're a sociopath too
>>
>>28952428
Fuck of negro
>>
>>28952459
i'm being attacked by evil entities
>>
>>28952347
The funny thing is that positive thinking really is the key to happiness. Robots need to try faking it until they make it, and yes I mean with thoughts. It feels like lying to yourself at first, but if you don't let that bother you and you just think it anyway, you'll find that over time you'll have more confidence and be happier, more relaxed.
>>
How the hell do you actually 'choose' to be happy.

That's some fucking normie shit right there. You think I choose to be depressed?
>>
File: choice.jpg (81 KB, 528x400) Image search: [Google]
choice.jpg
81 KB, 528x400
must be great to have a choice
>>
>>28952511

>He realizes how fucking lucky he is to be breathing when 99.9% of people who have ever breathed are already dead

The best estimate is actually that the dead outnumber the living 15 to 1, not 999 to 1.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16870579

Of course, this is only taking into account humans, not other apes or other animals.
>>
File: 1462333292094.jpg (94 KB, 291x273) Image search: [Google]
1462333292094.jpg
94 KB, 291x273
>>28952347

>go on bus
>sit on the side with a good view
>tough looking guys come up to me and one of them says, "Hey you faggot, you're on the wrong side of the fucking bus."
>try to stammer out, "Anyone can sit where ever they want," but one of them grabs me and throws me off the seat while their attractive gfs laugh at me
>pick myself off the ground and have to sit staring at a boring cliff wall
>later, I hear "What's the problem Anon? Just come sit over here and you'll be happy!"
>believe them and try to sit on that side
>they laugh at me and push me around and tell me to sit back on my side of the bus
>this happens a few times so I learn not to believe them when they say I can go on their side
>view is boring so I spend the ride reading books or playing on my 3DS
>tfw for the whole fucking ride they bother me about those activities calling me a nerd
>>
>>28952347
Repulsive kicking of people who are already miserable. 'It's your fault!'

Being a normalfag like >>28952511 and >>28952620, I know that our kind derives a special kind of perverse pleasure for having a socially acceptable venue to spit at vulnerable people by telling them 'your misery is of your own making, you deserve every single thing you feel'. It's an easy, safe way to lash out at someone who won't fight back.
>>
>>28952722
(While at the same time pretending to 'just have the best interests in mind' of the person I am abusing.)
>>
File: 1464594077133.png (123 KB, 1198x282) Image search: [Google]
1464594077133.png
123 KB, 1198x282
>>28952637
Hey, at least it's not as bad as this trainwreck.
>>
>>28952772
>screencapping a repost of that captcha and not the original motivational frame
>>
>>28952779
>>28952772
of that *pasta, fuck, what's wrong with me
>>
>>28952779
It's the only one I have sadly.
>>
>It's bad to feel sad
When did normies start with this meme?
>>
>>28952620
>The key to happiness is to trick yourself that things are okay.

Its really sad that this is how most average people think. It sounds arrogant but I think the higher the IQ the more depressed you're likely to be because faking it becomes impossible.
>>
>>28952620
Lies. What if you fail? You're the biggest fool if you pretend to be optimistic then fail in the end

I tried my best to be happy everyday until one day I saw nobody gave a single shit and everyone wants to break you

Being sad=realistic
Pretend to be happy=fool
>>
>>28952722
It always blows my mind that depressed people don't think that normalfags know the keys to happiness when they're literally happy. They ignore everything they tell them and continue to wallow in their misery because they're too afraid to change.
>>
>>28952882
I'm the author of the post you replied to. I have never in my life been anywhere near depressed and I still find the 'just think yourself out of it' sickening.
>>
>>28952772
Normie here who flirted with suicide as a kid/teenager, what you need to understand is that suicidal depression is a paralytic. Yes, logically you should be able to just do whatever you want, but logically you shouldn't really be depressed in the first place because things can be worse and so on. When you're suicidal you don't want to do a single thing other than killing yourself or planning to kill yourself, and while going out and doing stuff will probably help you out, there's no real chance of you being able to do them.
>>
>>28952420
Thinking positive will most definitely help your anxiety at least
>>
>>28952882

Normies have relatively good upbringings with positive social experiences and are free of mental disorders. Their "keys to success" work easily with them but are very difficult or sometimes not even applicable to us because we live in completely different worlds.
>>
>>28952865
>one day I saw nobody gave a single shit and everyone wants to break you

This sort of all-or-nothing thinking is a sign of low emotional intelligence. It's a coping mechanism small children use.

And btw, if the first thing you think of before you've even begun something is how you've already failed, of course you're never going to get anywhere. This is just common sense but I'm sure you have some reason it totally makes logical sense for you to have a completely defeatist attitude about everything. It's not like your world view it ridiculously twisted and designed to keep you trapped in a nice safe web of unchanging misery and sorrow. Nah.
>>
>>28952925

I should add I'm not saying that it's totally impossible for us to get better, but cliches like "just be happy bro" are totally unhelpful. You should be understanding and for most normies that's impossible because they have no idea what it's like to be a robot.
>>
File: 66184423.jpg (59 KB, 294x412) Image search: [Google]
66184423.jpg
59 KB, 294x412
>>28952347
Is OP a troll?
No. No some people have general cause for misery. Stop feeding people sugar-coated lies.
What they need to do is express their misery with memes and/or some other medium. Perhaps keep a journal. Also, learn to control your emotional outputs, but don't NOT feel. Madness.
>>
>>28952840
>It sounds arrogant but I think the higher the IQ the more depressed you're likely to be because faking it becomes impossible

No, I agree with you on this. But the thing is, it may feel like a ridiculous exercise, but it does actually help once it becomes second nature to you. Depression exists largely on a sub-conscious or semi-conscious level, and it's this part of your brain you have to condition by effortfully inserting positive conscious thoughts. If you can learn to simply control your mind so that it doesn't produce the negative counter thoughts which you probably think are more rational, then after time it really does have a positive effect.
>>
>>28952865
If you fail you try again. It's just like videogames. Git gud
>>
>>28952882
they might know it, but they're not going to tell us. like >>28952722 said, normies want us to stay down, otherwise they wouldn't have anyone to be condescending pricks to
>>
>>28952920
>Thinking positive will most definitely help your anxiety at least
spoken by someone who has no idea how mental illness works
>>
>>28952925
>normies are free of mental disorders
Where did this meme come from. Robots like to wallow in self-pity, but despite what they like to think, they don't have a monopoly on depression. Nearly every person I know has something fucked with their head, normal or non-normal. In fact, I'd consider myself a normalfag, but I've dealt with depression my entire life, and I'm rarely completely "happy", despite having a lovely gf, plenty of friends and so on.
>>
>>28952903
If you've never been depressed then you should shut the fuck up. That is precisely what they need to do. Once people start to realize that if they were hit on the head and got amnesia and woke up, they could go off and live a life and be perfectly happy. Nothing physical is stopping them, it's all in their heads.

They have to effortfully reshape what is in their heads. They have to reshape their automatic thought processes, they have to learn to think like a normie. Just because it doesn't come naturally to them doesn't mean it's not essential.
>>
>>28952459
>>28952511
>>28952620
>>28952772
How can i be happy when i haven't eaten anything in the past three days, can't find a fucking job with my uni degree and am an autistic KHV alcoholic?
>XDDDD JUSTE BE YOURSELFE FAKE IT BROOO LIFE IS A GIFT HAHAHA
No it's not fdngofnolfdnbofdndbof
Fuck you. Life is shit and doesn't get better.
>le it will
No it won't. I'm 31 and leech off the government, can't find any fucking work with my uni degree and know ZERO (0), as in no people at all. Family died or cut ties with me, never had friends.
>>
>>28953036
If you don't think every little thing will end horribly then how the hell would anxiety even work on you?
And I do have depression, the blunted, I can't feel anything, I think my soul is dead type, so yeah I don't experience anxiety at all
>>
>>28953039
Yeah, that's what robots will never understand. They're not actually different. They're not dealing with things that are any worse than normies deal with, they're just worse at dealing with them. How you cope with the shit life gives you is what determines your success and happiness in life. If you become depressed and you withdraw and lie around indulging in mindless pleasures all day by yourself then you're going to end up a depressed fuck. If you continue to do your duty and pretend to have emotions while dead on the inside and constantly thinking about suicide, you'll come out of it and you won't be a friendless, unemployed, socially anxious fuck.
>>
>>28953119
Thinking something and actually perceiving things that way are two very different things
>>
>>28953039
>despite having a lovely gf, plenty of friends and so on.

You have the love and support to get you through life. You aren't like us.
>>
>>28953106
Jesus christ you're so fucking delusional.

You're sitting here with internet access, a UNIVERSITY DEGREE and you're fucking complaining?

Get some god damn perspective in life and realize how blessed you are and how great you have it.
>>
>>28953065
Speaking as someone who DOES have depression, the fact that it's something in your head doesn't make it any less real. It really isn't something that you can just "think out of". And given that the current understanding of how depression works deals with sertraline levels and stuff, "thinking our way out a depression" is the equivalent of saying that you need to think yourself out of physical pain, since all it is is your mind receiving pain signals and it's all in your head, technically.
>>
>>28953197
>ur'e so blessed because children in africa eat shit to survive and u can get on le social media XDDD
I'm leeching my internet off the bar nextdoor, i have one to two of those little thingies of connection and i got a meme degree. Literally, meme fucking degree i can't do anything with.
Employers fucking laugh at me when they see my resume, they won't even let me work as a janitor or in a fast food place because i'm already too old, autistic and some fuckers can't contain their laughter when they see what i studied.
>>
>>28953258
There are always people who have it better than you, and always people who have it worse. We both know that I can come up with more reasons why your position isn't so bad, and you can think of more reasons why it is, and neither of us will budge from our point of view.
>>
>>28953299
I'm fucking pissed at normies always telling others
>just be le fucking happy life is so good and will get better XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
dkgdjbfnomjknld
No, it doesn't. For example, i'm happy when drunk, but my liver is already fucked and it hurts a lot every time.
I haven't drank any alcohol in three days as well and i fucking need it to feel happy for a while. Yes it feels good, but it won't make me into a millionaire, it kills me. Life kills, so that's another reason why it's shit and people on the bus stop telling me to quit smoking because it will kill me are fucking retards who should die.

I'm going fucking mental. I haven't had an actual discussion with real people in fucking years.
>>
>>28953258
You're just a moron because you're only focusing on the negatives. If you want a job you could get one, you just haven't debased yourself enough. Fast food and janitor jobs are hardly the easiest to get. Just keep going down the rung.

Btw you can lie on your resume. The worst that happens is they find out and don't hire you so you have nothing to lose. Don't give up hope.
>>
>>28953367
I'm not sure how you being an alcoholic disproves their point. You just kind of went off on a random tangent there. Sorry about the alcoholism btw man, seems rough.
>>
>>28953065
>If you've never been depressed then you should shut the fuck up. That is precisely what they need to do. [...] Nothing physical is stopping them, it's all in their heads.

Incorrect. As a normalfag, I have the responsibility to as a non-depressed person research medical and environmental ways to help depressed people -- particular treatments, particular factors such as nutritients or air composition -- rather than hiding before lazy, impotent platitudes about 'just snapping out of it'.
>>
>>28953367
I will pray for you robot. God loves you
>>
>>28953618
>>28953065
Not to mention other kinds of factors -- genetic, whatever might surface from comparing national epidemiology of depression/suicide (socioeconomic factors), and so on. There is plenty work to do for me as soon as I stop in a cowardly fashion blaming depression on the sufferer.
>>
>>28953618
top kekky mate you're gonna be so blown out when you die and there's nothing there
>>
>>28954169
What? Of course there's nothing there. Why did you say that?
>>
File: 1464638001173.jpg (19 KB, 335x363) Image search: [Google]
1464638001173.jpg
19 KB, 335x363
>>28952772
>how to solve suicidal depression
>jus go out and b happy ;-)
>>
>>28954242
People with such problems should only talk to professionals, talking to others will likely just make things worse.
>>
>>28952459
>meditation
>even once
>>
>>28952459
>Sitting around and trying to blank your mind for 10 minutes
Meditation is a meme that only works beneficially if you truly believe it will work, like praying.
>>
>>28954289
Ha, it's been some time that I wrote this. Nowadays I understand the whole thing better: the equivocation of 'self-awareness' where promised is improved thinking while delivered is dumb self-absorption, the manipulation where 'meditation' is only related to dumb performance on direct tasks and not on mind-wandering as yields creative insights, the 'if it backfires, it depends on you to notice the damaging effect and cancel it' 'it's harmless in itself'/'no true meditation' fallacy, how it only solves the problem that it itself causes, and so on. It's the difference that a mere year or two can make.
>>
>>28954386
>and not on mind-wandering
*and not to mind-wandering
>>
>>28952772
Why is this advice reposted so much?
Did it come from some cool character from a tv series normies idolize?
>>
>>28954276
>implying they do anything
>>
>>28952411
Damn beat me to it. I was muted for 2 seconds but I really was going to post it so now I'm typing this shit to avoid the robot.
>>
>>28954386
what the hell are you on about?
I made this image and I'm the one who wrote this text.

I didn't get it from here.
>>
>>28954424
B-but they do! They, uh, 'help you realize unpractical thought patterns'! And they, err, 'help you observe your own thinking better'! And, um, 'let you look at yourself critically!' I mean, yes, you're right that that never amounts to anything more than 'how can you be so sure' and 'did you try looking at it differently', but it's still help! I know, I would not have paid handsomely for my sessions and spent lots of time at them were I just being duped!
>>
>>28954456
>>28954484
why did you post twice famm?
>>
>>28954516
A stray line break and a typo (forgot to type a phrase). Sage.
>>
>>28954532
You cannot ever let this slip
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.