[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Something that is not online. Like stamp collecting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1463904508274.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463904508274.png
10 KB, 500x500
>Something that is not online. Like stamp collecting.
>>
File: 1462148203808.png (173 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1462148203808.png
173 KB, 480x368
>>28951911
"You need to do something away from a computer screen because it's not good for you"
>>
Well yeah, but you are too addicted to realise this. A week or two off the internet will give you the impulse to discover and do something actually useful.
>>
>>28951911

I shall gain access through your arsehole.
>>
>>28952658
what useful things aren't done on a computer?
>>
>>28952712
So you are hopeless afterall? Ffs this board is depressing
>>
>>28951911
Laughed out loud when he said that.

What business do you have raising anybody if you're that disconnected from life?

>wasting a lot of money and time on old useless stamps you can Google in 5 seconds
>>
>>28952712
Something physical you can appreciate as the result of your labor. Sweating, using your body, something you can touch, smell or taste. Stop being a gay fag living in your proto-vr Darth Vader escapism pod.
>>
>>28952730
no im really curious as to what you think constitutes "useful"
>>
>>28951911
To be fair it took weeks of working at sea to realise just how much time I spend looking at screens.

Most of that time was spent staring at the horizon or the ceiling with other bored crew so pretty much the same as 4chan really.

I also always get obsessed with tabletop wargames every time I touch a ship. I don't know why.

So even tho I agree with that pathetic dad in that single instance at the end of the day it doesn't actually lead to much productivity.
>>
>>28952750
If you think we value things on the Internet the same as physical things you're wrong. Things have inherently less value on the Internet because there's more overload of information distracting you.
>>
I don't get it, you can buy stamps online.

In fact, if you're going to collect anything nowadays you need an internet connection.
>>
>>28952774
It will put you into a different state of consciousness. It's so easy to lose yourself and your values when there's lots of distracting bright lights and fast moving screens. Neither one is inherently bad but it's always good to know you can be independent of a computer and enjoy true solitude and silence.
>>
>>28952790
This is nativism.

Internet is the future. Real life is only useful for resources and resource management. Everything else is secondary.

In 50 years, what that cuck did to his wife's son will be looked upon as torture.
>>
>>28952811
Yea I totally agree. Especially for people under 25 who probably haven't gone a day or certainly a week without some computer time since they were babies.

I was a much better person while living offline but it's important dynamic to note that I was living with other young fellas with hobbies, skills and interests.

If I decided to take a month offline right now I'd spend the whole time sitting on benches in town or browsing the same shops again and again like I was 14 again.

Internet addiction is a symptom not the cause and the cause is loneliness and a disconnected/(ironically} overpopulated society.
>>
what happened to Lewis?
>>
Outside of the internet? I have pets (dogs and cats) that I walk, play with, etc. I am into healthy cooking and nutrition, I am into weight lifting.

I guess I am also into a lot of DIY stuff just because I don't want to be some pathetic yuppie who has to pay a "real man" to do anything. So I am into plumbing, residential electrical work, masonry, HVAC, automotive, etc. Just enough to get by really.

That's it though. That's all I can really think of that I do outside of the internet.
>>
>>28952990
where did you learn all your diy skills?
the internet?
>>
>>28952763
Why do any of that when I can just pay someone else to do the shitty labor for me while I wait in comfort? Labor is shit. Leisure is pleasure.
>>
File: 1458945013932.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
1458945013932.gif
2 MB, 427x240
>>28952811
Oh just stop it already with this pretentious drivel.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.