[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that feel when even normies can't get jobs >that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 1399956017560.png (321 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
1399956017560.png
321 KB, 970x726
>that feel when even normies can't get jobs
>that feel when a robot will have no chance

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i-gave-up-looking-work-chris-worth
>>
>>28951395
Everyone can get a job nigger, you just need to focus your autism the right way.
I slept at my Mcdonalds job for a while, so I could work 16 hour shifts.
Got manager, put it on my resume, moved along.
Just put life on hold for work, and don't be a bitch.
>>
>>28951426
No one wants to hire someone who hasn't worked in years.
>>
>>28951442
Someone will my bruh, even if you may be, as I was, working for minimum wage with a degree.
Have you even chacked craigslist and the other places for shitty jobs?
>>
>>28951481
They all are jobs that need experience and qualifications on the recruitment sites.
>>
>>28951528
Find something then man, even garbage desposal, there is never no job, although sometimes you have to start out working for free.
What country you in?
>>
>>28951426
Did you even read the article.
>1. Because companies don't respond
First point. Oh hey look this fucking guy got a job I guess that means there are just jobs everywhere, that job isn't gone now that someone else is doing it. Anybody can fucking do it if this guy does it, just walk in be like I wanna do what this guy does and they'll have him go take a break in the back and you can start doing it for free.
>>
>>28951882
>companies
You are aiming too high then my friend.
Unless you currently live in a MASSIVELY saturated job market, in which case I would say move, then there are jobs available, you are just unwilling to take those ones.
>>
File: 1417892874068.png (195 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1417892874068.png
195 KB, 400x388
I'm in the same position. Haven't worked in like 4 years, robot and looking for job. Have a shit load of anxiety but just gotta keep trying. Someone will give me a shit job eventually.
>>
>>28951831
>although sometimes you have to start out working for free.

slavery you mean? pretty sure that's illegal m8
>>
>>28951973
It's call work experience, or charity work.
It is in essense slavery, but is the only way to gain the experience to become employable.
>>
>rejected from every fast food and retail place I've applied to (including McDonald's)
>call gas station to follow up on application
>they hang up on me
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1024x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1024x734
>>28952076
Yeah mate, welcome to volunteering at the local church to try and get some value.
Done it myself, and it's shiet, but only thing you can do.
>>
>>28952010
>>28952115
>wagecucks defending the system even when it's obviously broken
loving every laugh
>>
>>28952161
I am the same guy m8, and I am neither defending nor attacking the system, I am just telling these anons what you need to do if you WANT a job.
There are many ways to get by without a job as such, but this is what it takes right now to get one without being lucky.
>>
>>28952010
Even charity work requires you to have references these days. Sometimes you even need to pass an interview as well.
>>
>>28952115
I've been doing some off the books jobs and a lot of volunteer work.
>>
>>28952235
>>28952241
It's a still a better start than trying to find a job outright with nothing on your CV.
And good on you mate, do more if you still can't get a job.
It's a shitty process, but it's what happens if you have never distiniguished yourself previously.
>>
>>28951831
UK. Too many people here though. There are literally no unskilled jobs here.
>>
>>28952235
>cannot be real

applying to work for free in charities like it's the fucking apprentice

do you wear a suit?

i'm neet and if that's the way back, i'd rather be dead honestly
>>
>>28951914
Just move isn't wrong I found work myself after years of not being able to find anything and I had to move but they paid for me to leave and stay somewhere else. It's not saturated here either.

I use to never turn down a job offer until I got ripped off bad on money, how disrespectful and and dishonorably I was treated. After that I am picky about where I'd work otherwise I might of been able to get something part time on the side by now. I wouldn't take a job I can't walk away from after that other experience. The one I have now is one I wouldn't walk away from but that was a massive gamble after that last experience I knew this one was a
>once I started it's either see it through or don't do it
kind of deal.
>>
>>28951395
Maybe you should pad out your resume a bit, I don't know
>look around at local stores/restaurants
>look if they're hiring
>if they are, go to the manager, FIRMLY SHAKE HIS HAND and start working there
>after a bit of work apply for other jobs
>....
>>
>>28951395
If they can't get a job then they aren't Normie's, just a different breed of loser.
>>
>>28952326
Time to get the fuck out mate. All the advice I can give you, at least move to a larger city.
>>28952367
I didn't at that stage wear a suit, but I do most days now, even though I am only a store manager. Enjoy your work, and people will reward you for it.
Be effiecient, be excited, feel like you are contributing to society, and money and happiness will follow.
I know I am gonna be called a shill for this shit, but I don't give a fuck, I just hope even one person reads this and takes it onboard.
>>
>>28952319
>>28952367
It seems to be a really recent thing too. A few years ago you could just go into a charity shop and ask to volunteer and start right away, maybe fill out a form or something just for their records but that was it.
>>
>>28952487
>Larger city

That's the worst place to go. All immigrants go there. All the highly skilled jobs are in the city.
>>
>>28952510
It's because people have realised that it provides a way forward if you previously had nothing.
There is now demand, so they can up your standards.
More extreme alternative if joining the army, at least as a reserve. Did it as well, a month or so of following orders and my CV now looks golden due to service for my country, and no training or minimum service required.
>>
>>28952551
>tfw eyesight too bad for army

Just.
>>
>>28952569
Really? even for chef etc?
And if that isn't an option, you can always volunteer at even less desirable places.
>>
>>28952551
True, also the jobcentre has arrangements with a lot of shops these days sending them people, which means there are less slots open for everybody else. Although as I found out, it helps if you're already friends with the manager
>>
>>28952534
Higher population means more jobs mate, the immigrants need homes built, food cooked, shoes shined etc.
You will always do better there.
>>
>>28952614
No, not really.
You might think that there's a charity around every bend just scrambling for recruits but thats not the case anymore.
All of them have computer systems with huge volunteer lists.
All of them have donations out of the whazoo if you've heard of them.
All of them have to protect that reputation to grow. Like any other endevor they have gotten successful enough where they just start blocking people even if they are fully qualified. They are simply full.
I volunteered at a local pet shelter and disability charity nonprofit. I basically was able to do whatever I wanted, come whenever I wanted, leave whenever and they didn't care. That was because when I applied they needed people. Soon after I joined, they accepted no one. Not even people for shifts they needed help with. They just clammed up and decided to tell everyone that no one else should be allowed in.
They don't seem to care about quality or age in my experience, it basically becomes a friend's club and if you get into the club you're golden and if not no one wants to talk to you. The entire foundation was old ladies, and when they ran a shop and had zero people who can move heavy stuff I came in real useful. Guess who the president was? Old lady. I'm not saying businesses are any different, but I don't think people really want to recruit at all. They have their group, and after a certain amount you're just a eternal stranger to them.
>>
>>28952076
Where u from?
Origanalllo
>>
>>28952758
Yep, this is why you need to provide a service if you want to get into the club.
Charity work is simply a higher probability of acceptance than paid work.
I guarantee that if you are willing to clean toilets in prisons for free, you will eventually make it.
Pet shelters are always full because people like animals, I am talking volunteering at care homes and the like, emptying bedpans and assisting the nurses in controlling the rowdy retards.
As I said, I crawled through mud for months just to begin working at Mcdonalds for 16 hour shifts, welcome to real life, shit sucks, some us don't win this lottery. Just git gud and try again.
>>
>>28952899
>I am talking volunteering at care homes and the like, emptying bedpans and assisting the nurses in controlling the rowdy retards.

cleaning up shit for free, for the opportunity to win a job cleaning up shit, for 7quid an hour

what a world! the jews did this, never forget
>>
>>28952940
"Work sets you free" my man.
The jews hate people like us, as we will eventually beat them.
>>
>>28952899
>some us don't win this lottery. Just git gud and try again.
Yeah that's what I've begun to understand a bit better reading about people from countries other than america. They don't have the options we have. They have to wait ungodly times for basic health needs, maybe they have to wait forever. Granted thats not everyone or everywhere, just like you can get lucky or unlucky living in America you can get lucky or unlucky living in France.
Like if I lived in the countryside right now I'd be dead. I was close enough to a hospital and had a car so I was able to get there in enough time to get help, and I even have medicare so I don't even have to worry about bills.
Of course that system is slowly fucking the national budget into a deep deep hole that future generations will have to deal with, but fuck them I guess?
>>
>>28952940
Well there is the view that he basically chose to do that and to work for low pay.
Other people in his situation did crazy shit like sell tshirts using they bought using the last pennies they had and grew it into a business and made more in one day than that anon has made for the past year eventually.
You're basically choosing to lose by choosing a 'safe' option like McDonalds. People do it because they think its their only choice and they 'have to' but the truth is Mcdonalds gets you more Mcdonalds. You're always going to be a mcdonalds employee and you could have spent all that time working for them building a skill set or career that makes actual money instead of wageslaving it.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 480x480
>>28953011
Yep mate, you get it.
I didn't want to pull this one because it triggers everyone so hard, but just by being born in America, Western Europe, UK, or Australia, you are among the luckiest people on this planet.
Autists like us would simply die in childhood in Africa.
I wish you the best of luck anon, keen this perspective of how lucky you are, and run with it, make the most of the opportunity you have been given, even if some have been given better.
>>
>>28951395
Just be yourself dude. I was able to do it. You can too!
>>
>>28953075
>Autists like us would simply die in childhood in Africa
Speak for yourself I'd be the guy carving spears all day and knowing all 3000 of the local fauna by heart. You want medicine? Fuck you, take a leaf, it doesn't do shit but my ancestors said it does
>>
>>28953072
>safe option is losing
You need to read a book my man, and live in the real world.
Chances are far higher that you spend your life savings on t-shirts which tank, and you get so depressed about it that you shoot yourself, because you suddenly realise you wern't as brilliant as mummy and daddy told you.
Safe option is sometimes the best one when you have nothing.
You sound like the kind of faggot to reccomend dropping out of school "because Richard Branson did it, and he made it".
>>
>>28953101
You ever met a witchdoctor mate?
You have to have the social skills to build belief in you, otherwise you are just the village retard handing people sharp sticks and leaves.
Nowadays you would be chopping off childrens genitals etc as well, not quite a role made for neets, no matter how edgy.
>>
>I need a job.
Okay, the store I work at is critically understaffed and needs double the people we have now.
>Not that job.
>>
>>28953112
>Chances are far higher that you spend your life savings on t-shirts which tank, and you get so depressed about it that you shoot yourself, because you suddenly realise you wern't as brilliant as mummy and daddy told you.
Yes, you're correct. Statistically correct.
Your 'living in the real world' is not mine. Sure, get a job at mcd, then you study to be a one of those people who works as a blood drawer at a blood test clinic. Thats the american way of doing things, but the truth is many people never ever try to make that choice.
As for businesses, fuck yeah you fail. Of course you're dumb, you haven't done shit yet. But these people learn over the years and they live in places like america where some stumbling retard wants fart scented candles(real) and then he makes big money.
Statistically that will not happen to the majority of people in the history of humanity, but choosing to do a daily grind even in a higher paying 'career' sounds soul crushing to me.
I'd rather spend my time trying to get to the 1% seriously than be the 99% for sure is what I'm saying.
I've never heard anyone say they honestly wanted to work for a living at a job like mcds. I have a cousin who works for them, and he's a manager doing crazy hours. He's there for the money.
>>
>>28952859
Florida

Fbjvnb
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.