[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression/anxiety drugs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 802x1202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 802x1202
My mother is taking me to the GP in a couple days, I'm gonna be taking a test there, along with some other shit. The test is apparently just to see if you have depression or anxiety.
I'm, probably, gonna score a big "yes, you have depression, and anxiety". Can the GP prescribe mental drugs, or can a psych only do so?
I might just flunk the test and answer like a normie if the latter. I'd be too scared to talk to a psych.
>pic unrelated, it was my captcha
>>
It is a good idea to tell the truth to medical professionals

Your mom wants to help
>>
Tell the truth, you'll be better off.
>>
>>28949688
Your GP might diagnose whatever but will probably suggest you go to a psychiatrist. I strongly advise you to do so because your GP has limited knowledge of psych conditions and drugs.
>>
>>28949769
>>28949749
>>28949722
I'll most likely answer truthfully, m80s, but I've never been to a psych... Anyone know what happens there?
>>
Are there any drugs that honestly help with social anxiety? I was on Lexapro for a while but it didn't help at all so I got off it.
>>
>>28949912
xanax
of course that wasn't an original comment
>>
Presuming you're in the U.S.:
I had a psychiatrist as a young teenager, and was put on meds. After a while, I went off of them, and stayed off of them for several years. A couple of years back, I wanted back on them, and told my GP what they were. Now, he prescribes them for me, no problem. But, he's not the one who originally diagnosed me, nor chose which meds I'd try.

My point is: Yes, technically, they CAN write you a script for psych meds. However, I don't know if your GP personally wants to pick which meds to try you on. (Or if he wants to be the one you can come to with any issues you may have with your new meds)

It really depends on your doctor.

>>28949860
>I've never been to a psych... Anyone know what happens there?
In my experience, psychiatrist appts are much shorter and less probing than a therapy session. Then again, my therapist/psychologist at the time could share info with my psychiatrist, so ...I forget how I was really diagnosed... Now that I think of it, I've forgotten if I did questionnaires or what...
(Distinction being that therapists are usually psychologists, who are not MDs and cannot prescribe. Psychiatrists diagnose&prescribe.)
>>
>>28949688
you GP can and probably will prescribe u the drugs
>>
File: TonyBlair.jpg (237 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
TonyBlair.jpg
237 KB, 1500x1500
>expecting anything except meme SSRIs
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.