[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you get respected a lot as a soldier in America?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1457202489628.jpg (92 KB, 725x428) Image search: [Google]
1457202489628.jpg
92 KB, 725x428
Do you get respected a lot as a soldier in America?
>>
>>28949048
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND THE TROOPS YOU CAN STAND IN FRONT OF THEM FUCKING COMMIE
>>
No, 4chan contrarians that have never worked a day in their life whine about soldiers being welfare queens. College liberals whine about them being baby killers. If I could enlist, I probably would so I could swap four years of my life for a college tuition payment. Considering I'm broke as fuck.
>>
>>28949048
Pffft no you get treated like a god. They get meals at restaurants for free, discounts everywhere. You wont have people coming up to you every minute saying 'thankyou' but yeah only leftists and commies hate the military.
>>
>>28949048
Not American, but I get the impression it depends a lot on your location in the country. In the coastal cities where liberals dominate, probably not, but it seems like the military gets a lot of respect in the landlocked states and the south.
>>
>>28949214
The majority of military bases are in the south.
>>
File: 12186602735_a2499cacff_b.jpg (331 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
12186602735_a2499cacff_b.jpg
331 KB, 1024x683
>>28949048
Yes.
Being a soldier is literally the most retarded job you could ever want though
>>
>>28949126
Leftists don't even really, at least not to your face they'll be all respectful then
>>
File: 1462495644574.png (152 KB, 398x397) Image search: [Google]
1462495644574.png
152 KB, 398x397
>>28949406
That's because of the (often correct) perception that many military peeps are brainwashed and therefore psychopathically unhinged and liable to violently assault or possibly even murder anybody who dares to verbally disagree that "Rah Rah America freedom we protect your rights and we are heroes even though we do no such thing and we're just mercenary muscle for a Cabal of International Bankers to destroy innocent nations on the basis of lies so capitalist fat cats can ride to the bank on their trillions of shekels"

Heck, the American Sniper himself was shot dead by his own fellow vet at the range. And those were two vets who presumably had some kind of a close friendship/camaraderie.

So regular people exercising their freedom of speech to disagree with the military and talk Red Pills with a vet while avoiding possible assault if the vet happens to be one of those unhinged ones which you wouldn't know if you didn't know them very well already, wew. I'd imagine it might be an experience akin to walking on egg shells.
>>
I think if you barge in somewhere and declare that your a soldier and declare stuff you're a dick and deserve to be ridiculed.

Im serving in the uk, when im out and about i keep myself to myself. You might get the odd person who recognises the haircut or something (you can spot servicemen/women a mile off if you've served before) and yeah, i'll take a handshake or a pint, but wont go blowing smoke up my own arse.

There was an Australian prick at a bar i was at on friday who was being a Gobshite about being in the army. Being a drunk prick he was loarding it over everyone, and when i went to the bar tried to give me a one way conversation about great it was etc. Turns out he'd done 3 years and one 4 month tour. Ive done 10 years and 3 tours. I kept quiet and sat back down.

People like that are fucking douches.
>>
but the palestinians will win in the end anon
as long as there's somebody standing up for what's right they won't be defeated
>>
you gotta be all "pc" around the troops and boot likers nowadays.

cant speak your mind, cant speak the truth.
>>
soldiers are fine if kinda dumb sometimes
>>
>>28949048
yeah, the jewish media got our back.
>>
File: 1461347455221.jpg (27 KB, 317x329) Image search: [Google]
1461347455221.jpg
27 KB, 317x329
>>28950699
^this

because of this: >>28949571
>>
I think people are starting to lose respect for soldiers in general. I mean the average person will see a modern war movie and see one of our guys mowing down sandniggers and dodging RPGs. That's obviously dramatic exaggerated, but that's basically what war is at the moment.

Swatting insects is not a noble act, and I think that's what we're dealing with. The modern world is more ideological than militaristic.
>>
Finnish/American here. I got citizenship for both. I keep trying to get into school over here in Finland but everything seems boring as fuck. Well, maybe not all of the possible educations but I have no hope of scoring a position in something like Theoretical Physics. My job is nice, but there is no possibility of promotion, so I don't make as much as I like.

Should I join the military in the US? Navy to be specific. I have previous military experience. I'm not fat nor am I in a shitty physical condition albeit I should be stronger.

And, well, I don't think it's really been done a lot, so I could get a nice story out of it. Life here is stagnant and boring.

I could do a support role so my chances of having to kill anyone are smaller; I don't like the idea of killing anyone. But I could save a life or two hundred.

Bonus: I did fire coordination for stationary cannons.
>>
>>28949048
If you refuse to reapect a soldier in America the normies will get all uppity.
>How dare you not show reapect to this high school dropout who shoots kids for a living?!?!?!
>>
>>28949048
I'm from West Texas and soldiers get discounts at every restaurant and are respected greatly. Everyone wants to be one when they grow up.
>>
>>28950823
Are you
>tykimies:D?
>>
>>28950699
Yeah, kinda ironic, isn't it?
>>
File: thanksobama.jpg (22 KB, 331x318) Image search: [Google]
thanksobama.jpg
22 KB, 331x318
>>28949072
Dude that's fucking great. I never heard that one.
>>
I'm a soldier, I end up talking about it with people because people in the Army just talk about the Army a lot.
I really appreciate when people are okay with it I kind of expected to get outright nastiness from people if they found out about it. Like Fuck you baby killer from the lefty leaning or Muh rights am I being detained type people ranting at me about it from right leaning types. This kind of stuff basically
>>28950812
>Swatting insects is not a noble act, and I think that's what we're dealing with. The modern world is more ideological than militaristic.

Most people just tell me it's respectable. It's just nice being considered a professional and respectable person. It's just like getting a bonus to your charisma roll when interacting with a lot of people. Makes me want to behave and practice proper etiquette a lot of the time because it'd feel pretty shitty to let people down that look up to what you do.
>>
>>28949048
I'm trying to join the air force because im a complete failure. Useless polisci degree and no work experience whatsoever.

I don't really give a shit if people respect it or not. I only care about the benefits, steady paycheck, and GI Bill...even though im probably not going to use it because fuck going back to college
>>
>>28951164
y0u see?
>>
I joined the army to an hero in Afghanistan but they never sent me so I'm bidding my time till I get domed by a sandnigger
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.