[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running/ Exercise Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1420898891560.gif (65 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
1420898891560.gif
65 KB, 560x420
I've been doing push ups and sit ups to prepare for the military PT test and they've been progressing nicely. It's pretty enjoyable pushing yourself and seeing progress.

Tonight, I was feeling especially energetic and decided to go for a run. It was an awful fucking decision. I have never felt closer to death in my life. I ran a half mile uphill from my house, mentally pushing myself to my maximum limit. I kept repeating "running is 90% mental" in my head. It was a terrible fucking decision. I puked my fucking guts out. I have never felt worse in my life. I slowly walked back home.

When I was back, I took off all my clothes and drank at least a gallon of ice water. I just stayed in the bathroom for half an hour, feeling like I was gonna die. Even now, after I've completely cooled down, I can still fill fatigue in my lungs.

How the fuck am I gonna do this shit consistently for hours? I figured if so many normies can do it, it must be easily, like the body weight exercises. It's so hard. What's the fucking secret? I'm honestly scared now that there's no way I'll be able to do the running portion of the PT test.
>>
>>28947655
Start slow anon, go for a light jog it's not supposed to go fast right away. You can even start jogging slower than you walk
>>
>>28947655
You have to pace yourself with running anon. It's not like push-ups where you can just push to your limit. Proper breathing, posture, etc are all important as well.
>>
>>28947655
You went too hard for just starting out.

Like do the couch to 5k program thing.
>>
>>28947655
Couch 2 5 K!!!!
It's about slow progress not just going balls out and fucking your shit up.
>>
Running is something you really have yo ease yourself into. But really torturous cardio feels great.
>>
>>28947688
>>28947694
>>28947723
>>28947765
Yeah, I guess. I'll try couch 5k. It just feels bizarre that it's so hard to pick up compared to bodyweight/lifting.
>>
>concentrate on form and breathing
>join an athletics club to learn proper technique
>make sure you perform dynamic stretching before and static after
>do more plyometrics
>don't be afraid to drop to a slower pace so you can recover on the move
>>
>>28947767
this. it's a slower build up, even slower than getting strong, for a first timer, which is crazy.
the way i broke myself into running was high intensity interval stuff. so for 30 second bursts run very fast, not as fast as you can, but just run.
keep doing that, each time running slightly faster. then you can increase the interval from 30 seconds to whatever.
this is better than flat our jogging because jogging doesn't push your heart rate too well, at least not as well as sprinting.
>>
>>28947655
>for hours
i think you just have to do two miles in under 14 minutes.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.