[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys ever tried taking your lives less seriously? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1462597180093.png (1 MB, 941x1037) Image search: [Google]
1462597180093.png
1 MB, 941x1037
Have you guys ever tried taking your lives less seriously? I don't mean this to criticize you guys or anything, and that I'm saying that you guys are self-centered or narcissistic or that your problems don't matter, but I've personally found that simply laughing at my own problems actually helps to a ridiculous degree. And I don't mean living life with an ironic detachment, because that makes you feel empty and even sadder, but trying legitimately to find the humor in certain situations. For example, there were certain moments in my life where the desperation got a point where there were no escapes whatsoever, and I was somehow able to take an objective look on the hopelessness of everything and it ended up being fucking hilarious. I was able to basically laugh my way out. Even that's fucking hilarious. Spoiler alert: life in general, is fucking weird and stupid, so you're much better off seeing it for what it is.
>>
Yep, I'm an absurdist. Life is a comedic tragedy.
>>
File: 1463921636096.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463921636096.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
Sometimes I try to see life from a "3rd person point of view" as if I was watching a bumbling character on a sitcom fuck up everything he touches in a hilarious way.

But sometimes it all just comes crashing down and I start to cry.
>>
>>28946666
devil quads!
>>
My only laughs are dry and bitter.
>>
>>28946640
/r9k/ hates reddit for being a circle jerk, but the truth is /r9k/ is also a circle jerk but for sad people to blame the outside world instead of taking responsibility or attempt any kind of self improvement.

It's just an echo chamber to feed a robot's confirmation bias that the only reason he doesn't have a girlfriend is that women despise men under 6'. Thus neatly putting the blame in something which is impossible to change.

Your views do not suit the views of this echo chamber, prepare to be saged and told to get out.
>>
thats my main problem. sometimes at work i catch myself about to laugh at people and i do mean at them.
everything is funny to me and that offends some people.
you should see me when i'm drunk.
>>
>>28946727
so far, everyone in this thread has related with OP.

Now you look like an idiot for tipping your fedora too early.
>>
My parents always ask me if I think life is a joke.

That's how autistic I am. I just can't be serious about anything. I am nearly 30 years old.
>>
>>28946727
It's very difficult to hate yourself every day. Why do normies keep implying this is the "easy way"? Robots aren't here because it's the easy way, they're here because their life is the hard way. Depression, anxiety, abuse in their child hoods, bullying, constant rejection, being told they're not good enough, etc. Get the fuck out of here with the "pull up your boot straps" attitude, most people here need actual help or just someone to talk to. Do you think they blame the outside world because just maybe, the outside world fucked them over? Not everyone lives life on tutorial mode, Chad.
>>
>>28946640
>Have you guys ever tried taking your lives less seriously?

literally my only defence mechanism to deal with life.
>>
>>28946640
There's a lot of truth to this thread. Humor has the ability to give a lot more insight than people realize.
>>
>>28946727
The types of responses to self improvement or interesting threads vary. I know this has been said a million times but a community like r9k is very diverse. There are both reasonable people and unreasonable people on this board. I myself have been shouted down after putting a lot of effort into a post trying to help people. There have also been times where I was too exhausted to provide a sensible reply to a thread full of whining idiots. R9k is not like a group of friends where it's the same people every time you visit. There are thousands, perhaps even tens of thousands of people who frequent this board. You need to muster the strength to have more faith that people will eventually respond to your meaningful threads.

>>28946727
>It's just an echo chamber to feed a robot's confirmation bias
At times this is true, and at times it is not. I have seen threads where people genuinely take the advice of others and improve themselves. You are dishonest by providing a one sided view of the content that can be found here. You're doing the very same thing that you criticize others for; hyperbolizing situations in order to get a response. The only way it gets better is if we stop taking extreme positions and make an effort to develop a nuanced understanding.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.