[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so after high school ended my quasi friend/acquaintance moved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: falling behind.png (86 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
falling behind.png
86 KB, 1000x600
so after high school ended my quasi friend/acquaintance moved from colorado to california to go to college

hes at a polytechnic school

hes not coming home this summer cause hes going to travel europe

but he'll be back in denver this december

i have done nothing over the past 2 years since high school ended

is there a way i could learn what hes learned in what will have been 2.5 years in just 7 months?

i dont have the money, grades, intelligence or social skills t get into college.

so any reasonably cheap programs or books i can buy that will teach me the same stuff hes learning?

i dont want to have to face him and have nothing to say when he asks what ive been up to

thankfully mummy never got me a phone and i dont have faceberg
>>
File: 1443591466252.gif (2 MB, 396x220) Image search: [Google]
1443591466252.gif
2 MB, 396x220
>>28943176
Go to codeacademy and finish all their basic tutorials. Then build something simple like an app that calls people a faggot or something. Coders get respect.
>>
>>28943176
Aw, come on dude. You could have at least waited 12 hours before you posted this again.
>>
>>28943254
i need more suggestions. the first post didnt get very helpful responses
>>
>>28943219
They do not unless they are some hipsters whombarely know how to code but hang out with other hipsters. Coders make some good money, though.
>>
What school did you go to senpai? Fellow Coloradobro here.
>>
File: wasted life.png (61 KB, 1117x840) Image search: [Google]
wasted life.png
61 KB, 1117x840
i know that feel. i was 21, 3 years out of high school, avoiding a friends graduation party (he finished college 1 year early)

it made me start thinking of all the things i could have been doing in those 3 years.

then i realized it didnt matter. wallowing in sadness for all the time i lost wasnt going to bring it back and was only gonna waste more time.

i got my shit together and started applying for minimum wage jobs. once i got one that started forcing me to leave the house

with the other 8 hours of the day i started working on coding and learning about other tech related fields. for the next 6 months i learned and practiced coding

then in january of this year i enrolled at a local community college in classes related to the tech fields i was interested in and a couple side classes that didnthave much to do with them but were mandatory for some reason

i obviously cut back on this site a lot, even in my free time i rarely used it. i probably only get on once a week.

so here i am, 22 and its been roughly a year since i made that decision to turn my life around and im thankful that i did

ill be moving out of mummys in january and i have a min wage job and have a bvery clear goal about what i will do career wise

i always had had some vague notions about going into tech but it was never gonna happen until that little spark from last year. i had had that spark many times but this time i decided to act on it.

you can do it to robots

its not always fun but i generally have an interest in it, and sometimes it can be.

find something like that. it will make a difference

its not always going to be a thrill ride or even always fun, but if its something you can see yourself doing without wanting to fall asleep then it might be something worth looking into

so to adress you OP, it aounds like you're doing this to impress your friend. dont worry about him. just find something that at least mildly interests you

if thats tech great. if not then keep looking
>>
somehow cultivate some passion. fake it. its kinda like how people tell you to pretend being confident in yourself, and then eventually you actually become confident. pretend to have a passion and then you will slowly have it. go to a community college THAT TRANSFERS to a university. I had shit grades in high school, so I went to community college. understand that most people dont put in the effort for grades. if you want to be so successful all you have to do is apply yourself and more importantly develop passion (that way its easier to bust ur ass). its very easy to standout in a pile of unpassionate students because no one tries at all. after one year, i transferred to university. now this summer i am working at an internship (programming) and making good money. you can do all these things and it is definitely not to late. programming is especially a good profession for people in a disadvantaged situation because it is about skill and not who you know or where you graduated like other professions. it all stems from your passion tho so you better get some of that. fuck, maybe you might actually like whatever it is that you are doing in the end just give it a shot.

p.s. dont blame anyone or your genetics, just blame it on your lack of effort even if you want to believe its out of your control. believe that everyone has the capacity and you will go far
>>
>>28943993
oh and watch motivational videos on youtube, that shit is fuel
>>
>>28943993
ok i'll give it a shot
is there any coding books out there that are good to start out with?

>>28944044
links?
>>
>>28944044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0&ab_channel=MotivaShian
>>
>>28944191
>shia labeouf
dropped
sorry i just cant do it
any others?
>>
>>28944167
well, if you are trying to make GOOD money, you want to be a software engineer (computer science). for that, i would recommend doing c++ or java. check with what your local community college/uni does. once you figure out which one, just pick a book it doesn't matter much (see stackoverflow if you have questions). consistency and passion is all it takes, i fucking swear. think about how many hours you have in a day. success is VERY attainable for anyone who wants it.

this is a vid i watch almost every day, but maybe other anons will think its just normie rubbish.. i argue it has some value:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jwWYX7Jlo
>>
>>28943176
Literally use Google, programming is extremely easy to self-teach.
>>
>>28944407
will give it a shot
>>
File: stupid.png (998 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
998 KB, 800x600
>>28944433
i was a failure in high school and applied my self. if you put in the work, you will be surprised at the results
>>
>>28944499
not him but you live in the same timezone as me
>>
>>28943993
>it is about skill and not who you know or where you graduated like other professions.
This isn't true. Who you know is very important and how you advance your career. Most of my opportunities are from people I know or who my family knows. Now that I barely know anyone, I can't get hired.
>>
>>28944571
are you talking about computer science?
>>
>>28944601
Yes, I am talking about computer science
>>
>>28943726
i liked your post anon. it's very motivational
>>
>>28944621
well i argue that if you apply yourself, you will be recognized and contacts will surface. regardless, i havent needed any help or connections for my work. also, there's a fuck load of jobs for CS and if you're having trouble landing ONE your resume has to be pretty shitty. maybe community college just teaches its students better
>>
File: smug frog.png (252 KB, 596x738) Image search: [Google]
smug frog.png
252 KB, 596x738
>>28944652
enjoy that motivation while it lasts
when you wake up it will all be gone
>>
File: 1414141414141412414.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1414141414141412414.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>tfw smart enough to easily sustain myself without a jew overlord

>tfw too lazy to do anything anyways
>>
>>28944747
>there's a fuck load of jobs for CS
There might be, but you need to apply to 100+ of them. It also highly depends on location, if you are in a tech hub, there is plenty, but in a different major city and most jobs want senior level experience. Non-tech hub cities also like to out source their work more often. Literally had a lady tell me they hired indians to make their crap app at a tech job fair (they weren't even hiring, seemed like they were there to advertise their app).

I've posted my resume online before and people have said it is fine. I really don't know what I need to do.
>>
>>28944652
>>28944800
the trick it remember that you were motivated and trust that you were for a reason
whenever you feel motivated take a note and write down goals, to be done everyday
then even when you're not feeling it look at that list and remember it came from strong feelings of motivation
when you do the things on the list day in day out you'll be happy you're doing them
>>
>>28944499
do you live in california?

original ccomentt for the zionist moderator kikes
>>
>>28945072
indeed. can you help me get a gf
>>
>>28945153
>indeed
you'll never get a girlfriend with autistic cringe shit like that
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.