[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /mentalillness/? Bipolar checking in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: 1452674053362.jpg (75 KB, 400x671) Image search: [Google]
1452674053362.jpg
75 KB, 400x671
Who here /mentalillness/?

Bipolar checking in
>>
i have anxiety
>>
depression here senpai
>>
Emotional problems checking in. Jesus it's tiring, what do we do now?
>>
>>28942336
What kind of anxiety?
>>
File: 1448843075776.jpg (176 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1448843075776.jpg
176 KB, 1632x1224
>>28942361
Talk about our illnesses to other people that are just as sick, if not sicker than you. Tell us about your feels.
>>
File: gondola (7).jpg (1 MB, 2310x1781) Image search: [Google]
gondola (7).jpg
1 MB, 2310x1781
probably have one
>sitting here at 5:30 am drinking beer
>NEET virgin
>anxious about everything
>>
>>28942492
Would you wager you have general anxiety disorder or some other kind of anxiety? Have you had panic attacks?
>>
>>28942492
Former heavy-as-fuck drinker here

Booze will help alleviate the anxiety temporarily - but make it worse in the long run. If you already haven't, see a doc about some anxiety medication and shift over to that. Alcohol is fun, but it absolutely fucks you in the long run.
>>
>>28942537
OP here and can confirm it fucks you up if you're bipolar too. It makes my manic phases very high, or my depressive stages very low...all in all not something I should depend on or people with different issues.
>>
>>28942521
I have no panic attacks like other anons describe but if a situation is slightly uncomfortable than I cant go there ( to job center for example )
>>
>>28942389
Hey thanks for the invitation. I won't go into heaps of detail but basically

As far as i can remember I've had issues with communicating with other people on a personal level. Wanting them to be friends with me, it becomes an overwhelming emotional rollercoaster.

I've only ever wanted a close group of a couple of mates. I did have that once and was very happy with it. Since then anyone that I've come close to isn't interested in me. I guess because I don't have anything new to offer and they already have good mates. I'm slow to unfold to someone but talk a lot and ask them questions about themselves.

Jeez this sounds pathetic doesn it. I've been classified as having depression in the past.

I'm sure there's many other people with proper issues. But thanks for the vent, the deep intensity of background thoughts drains the living life out of me some days.

I'm interested in hearing others
>>
>>28942621
Are you agoraphobic?

There must be some kind of phobia related to your anxiety that I'm unaware of but you may know.
>>
>>28942684
Not a problem, anon, venting about feels always helps me feel.

You don't sound pathetic at all, it sounds like you have difficulty getting close to people and perhaps have a sprinkling of depression in there.
>>
>>28942684
I'll go next.

I am recently diagnosed as bipolar which means that I have times that I want to kill myself and am extremely depressed, and other times where I feel like I can do anything in the world and conquer the stars. Ever since I was diagnosed I've kept careful track of my emotions, and I've went from wanting to kill myself and extremely depressed last week (which lasted for months and months) to wanting to travel through Europe and busk this week which is quite recent. I even think I want to go to more dangerous areas like Greece or Egype because I don't care if I die and I don't think I would because I have that whole invinsible feel now.

The whole change happened when I could only sleep for a little bit of time and for some reason that changed the depression, to some kind of weird mania. Obviously I'm not planning on going to Europe or acting on any of these dangerous urges, but everything I try to do to calm myself down doesn't work.

I really need some therapy.

Hm, that felt good to articulate all of that out. I'd love to hear someone else's feels.
>>
>>28942894
I dont think so, rather a social phobia or an anxious personality disorder
>>
tfw EDNOS, social anxiety and/or GAD plus psych worker has voiced concerns about possible personality disorders, feelsbadman hnnnn
>>
schizoid reporting in
>>
File: 1464660241839.png (847 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464660241839.png
847 KB, 1280x720
>>28942326

Schizophrenic checking in.

End my suffering.
>>
>>28943755
What's your life like anon? Do you think you can ever live normally?
>>
Borderline Personality Disorder checking in, unfortunately.
>>
>>28942326
Avoidant, Schizoid, somewhat Narcissistic
>>
File: nowheretorun.jpg (20 KB, 477x284) Image search: [Google]
nowheretorun.jpg
20 KB, 477x284
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

SPD master race

faggots
>>
>>28943964

I doubt it. My life basically consists of waking up, doing some stuff around the house, then staring at my moniter or at the wall trying to get the motivation to do anything.

I wish I was stark raving mad like the schizos in movies. But instead I just ended up learning that at a certain point your life just stops automatically going forward, and you need to keep pushing yourself.

I've basically watched everyone I know succeed at life, do things. I've basically stopped existing. I can't really be considered alive.
>>
File: 1381955989040.gif (2 MB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
1381955989040.gif
2 MB, 250x348
There's a voice in my head (it's my own) telling me to kill myself, hurt my family, hurt myself, it talks over everything I do and I can't silence it. It wants to me knock myself unconscious or beat my dog to death

Doc put me on Lexapro about 10 days ago but I don't think it's working.

I'm seriously thinking about drinking myself out and tossing some sleeping pills in. This is agony
>>
>>28944048
Did your schizophrenia develop at a certain age or was it always present in some capacity?

My aunt was schizo and I have shown a few symptoms in the past 1.5 year, though stopping recreational drugs has helped a lot. External stress seems to make it a lot worse.
>>
>>28944149

Started having symptoms at about sixteen.
>>
>>28944048
What are your symptoms? Not doubting, just curious.

I was told that it's more of a spectrum disorder and "there are all kinds of people with various levels of functionalities who have a mental disorder!" By my shrink
>>
>>28944196

Mind is cloudy. Everything seems to go by in a blur. Sometimes it feels like i'm in the third person. Extreme paranoia, always feeling like people are trying to get me.
>>
>>28944233
Huh. It really is a spectrum disorder.

What meds are you on?
>>
>>28944180
Shit dude I'm 20 now (started at about 18 for me, early 20's for my aunt iirc). Do you take anything for it? I have started prozac and it's helping some (I was depressed also ofc) but I still have some issues (dissociative thoughts) I have yet to tell the people that perscribe me medication.
>>
>>28944263

anti-psychotics and anti-depressants.

I can't remember their exact names at the moment.
>>
psychotic depression here

I begged a friend to stay with me over night but he turned me down, so now I'm feeling miserable knowing there was nothing I could do to improve my situation because I tried.

My head hurts and I'm so disoriented, it feels like the world has snapped.

I fucking hate psychosis.
>>
>>28944325
What's psychosis like? I've always wondered.
>>
>>28944654
At it's worst I have to go to the hospital, because my mind is racing a thousand thoughts a minute but without any aim or direction. It's like speeding but without anywhere to go. The world feels like a disoriented illusion and I have sensations all over my body that are unpleasant.

In a minor form people just think you're crazy and will tell you your thoughts are all over the place and nothing you say makes sense. Those people just can't see, but you're psychotic so you don't have the time to explain to them whats going on.

Reality is crumbling around you and you're doing what you can to keep it together.
>>
>>28942326
>>28944003
male borderline here
>>
File: 1404883501847.jpg (923 KB, 1285x1866) Image search: [Google]
1404883501847.jpg
923 KB, 1285x1866
neurosis
general anxiety disorder
also whatever sort of mental disorder that stems from my photophobia. I'm allergic to sunlight, and have grown to hate light in general. anything more than a dim glow is too bright.

tfw normies cant understand i hate light and keep urging me to go out during the day, even AFTER I tell them I can't
tfw they berate me for living in the dark all the time

Just like how they can't understand that I'm intolerant towards light, I can't understand why they love it so much.
>>
>dysthymia
>GAD
>adhi-pi
>schizoid pd

meme diagnoses galore
>>
>>28944732
Thanks for answering my question.

That all sounds terrible, I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that. Are things better for you now?
>>
Does /insomnia/ count? I average 3-4 hours a night and it's making me more useless than I already am.
>>
Clinical depression here. Can barely get out of bed most days and constantly think about suicide.

Anyone else taking sertraline for depression? It doesn't feel like it's working.
>>
>>28944928
I'm on meds and been trying to live a life but I've been heading downhill still, to the point I figured my days were numbered.

I'm going to be moving into supportive housing, basically its 15 mentally ill people all living together as if our house is a dorm.

It seems like a pretty sweet deal, I only have to prepare one part of supper and I get to eat a whole meal.
>>
Ever since I got on Lexapro I've been having weird impulses. Whenever I try talking to someone I feel the urge to do something vulgar. I'm in a polite or easygoing conversation and my brain is screaming at my body that I need to burp, fart, piss my pants, or spit in their face. I'm seriously scared that I'm going to end up pissing my pants or spitting on someone at work. The other day my mom was babysitting for a baby that was only a few weeks old. I wanted to crush its head in my hand or slam it on the ground.
>>
I have schizophrenia.
My auditory hallucination constantly tries to fool and harass me.
>>
Niggers are the true master race. We can't compete. We MUST submit. Niggers are taking over the white race. White wombs are being filled with thick nigger cum. Big black nigger dick inside white cunt. The end of the white race. Black cock servitude. Nigger nigger nigger.
>>
There's a constant internal dialogue between 2 different opinions in my head. They feel like thoughts, not auditory hallucinations.

Could it be early schizophrenia or something?
>>
>>28945214
can I ask what they are like? I have visuals and rarely have auditory ones, but the past week I've heard things but idk if I actually heard something or if it was someone in my house up in the middle of the night, like a half hour ago I heard would you get out, but it sounded like my sister..
>>
File: 1405045541766.jpg (72 KB, 680x167) Image search: [Google]
1405045541766.jpg
72 KB, 680x167
>>28944019
same. SPD is being recognized less as a disorder though, they've finally figured out that we're just smart recluses who get bored with people.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.