[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
way behind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: falling behind.png (86 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
falling behind.png
86 KB, 1000x600
so after high school my quasi friend/acquaintance moved from colorado to california to go to college

hes at a polytechnic place

hes not coming home this summer cause hes going to europe

but he'll be back in denver this december

i have done nothing over the past 2 years since high school ended

is there a way i could learn what hes learned in what will have been 2.5 years in just 7 months?

i dont have the money, grades, intelligence or social skills t get into college.

so any reasonably cheap programs or books i can buy that will teach me the same stuff hes learning?

i dont want to have to face him and have nothing to say when he asks what ive been up to

thankfully mummy never got me a phone and i dont have faceberg
>>
this is a /g/ request with a r9k story behind it

i can see why you didn't take this there though. that board has really turn to shot over the past year and a half

just /b/ tier shit really

I don't have an answer for you though OP, sorry
>>
Thanks for the update on your life.

As for your problems, why does it bother you? Are you and your friend those cringey teenage wannabe philosophers that like to talk about the meaning of life and shit like that?

It's easy to learn what he learned, because he learned nothing. A student's life is procastination for months + cramming for days. If you want to learn, for the sake of learning, go ahead. But if you're just doing to impress a friend, I think it is quite foolish.
>>
who cares what he thinks
you weren't even good friends you said

if it actually did get you out of moms basement and doing something with your time other than 4tism than I suppose something good comes put of it

Are you interested in tech? If not don't just do it cause he's doing it

There are other useful skills that you could learn that will also ensure career options
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x241
>>28941134
>Thanks for the update on your life

>implying this isn't the whole board
>>
>>28940882
>is there a way i could learn what hes learned in what will have been 2.5 years in just 7 months?
What makes you think you'll shape up starting tomorrow morning and learn for the next 7 months? You didn't do anything for 2.5 years.
Few things I want to say:
1. You don't have to follow his route. You aren't him, so there's no need to learn what he's learning
2. Get you job if you want to tell him you're doing something with your life.
3. Go to community college for something you're interested in after you've saved some money. Take loans.
4. You don't have to talk to him if you don't want to. How do you know this guy's coming back anyway?
>>
>>28940882
This sounds like the plot to a silly movie, hmm..
Ask him what books he got for his classes, and find em online?

>>28941134
This, technical grades are really easy to get because the professors will usually allow open-book exams. jej

>>28941274
Yes, go to CC.
Be a 30/yo scum like me and generally get paid to go to college. Grants amount to 4,400 per semester for me heh
>>
>>28941134
>As for your problems, why does it bother you? Are you and your friend those cringey teenage wannabe philosophers that like to talk about the meaning of life and shit like that?
what are you even going on about?
no we dont talk about any philosophical shit, we havent talked in years
it just bothers me cause he was the only thing i could call a friend and i dont want him to feel pity on me for having accomplished nothing in the what will be 2.5 years since high school ended
>>
>>28941465
Just get a job then so you would at least have some money and not look like you haven't done anthing, it's useless to learn what he's learning just so you won't feel embarrassed since he's not going to bring up school topics when he's on break. Most of the time when you're in college the majority of the classes that you take you forget almost everything about them after the finals for it are over so I doubt he remembers half of it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.