[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MY WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
MY WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

YOU'REEEEEE ONE OF THEEEM THEEEM THEMM THEMMMMM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAGSHGHAGHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
black flag?
more like black fag.. righto?
>>
was henry rollins a robot
>>
File: 1455447083369.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
1455447083369.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>28940714
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I FEEL IN MY HEART IM GONNA KILL SOMEONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
i don't know what it is about henry rollins, but i really can't stand him
>>
>>28940734
Yes the muscular jock rock star was just like you guys
>>
>>28940734
henry rollins is a robot
>>
>>28940787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLWwtp7rUYA
>>
>>28940734
Henry Rollins has no m8s

He was on the BBC doing an interview, describing his life and the interviewer said 'you sound quite lonely' and it caught rollins off guard.

He was embarassed and panicking, almost welling up at the eyes saying 'im not lonely, im not lonely'

no one loves him because he keeps giving everyone intense punk rock pep talks
>>
Rollins spouts off pseudo-intellectual nonsense. He's irrelevant
>>
>>28940787
>rock star
wew
>>
>>28940830
it's marketing. you fat slobs can bvarely get out of the basement. This guy has done spoken word all over the world. And he has gone through more than his fair share of women.

You dudes are really fucking stupid.
>>
Wow please delete this

The roasties and chads already took over 4chan

Now there comming after punk rock

CAN I HAVE ANYTHING FOR MYSELF

PLEASE GOD
>>
The macho image is a facade to hide his inner insecurities.

He's an anti-gun liberal. As milquetoast as the rest of the forced-edgy genre he worked in.
>>
>>28940862
>Henry Rollins has no m8s
Him and Ian MacKaye have been close friends since they were teenagers.
>>
>>28940908
>fat slob
kek fuck off my board normie
>>
>>28940909
They'll never take authentic black metal tho
>>
>>28940693
SWIMMING

IN THE MAINSTREAM

IS

SUCH A LAME LAME DREAM
>>
>>28940886
He's not a rockstar? Guess I imagined the period when he was releasing records for David Geffen, Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg and shilling on MTV on the reg. Youngfags. Smh.
>>
>>28940693
SIX PACK

GIMME GIMME GIMME

I NEED SOME MORe
DONT ASK WHAT FOR
>>
>>28940909
henry rollins is a pussy anyways

theyll never dig deep enough to find the good shit
>>
>>28940994
>>28940973
WE'VE GOT
NOTHING BETTER TO DO
THAN WATCH TV
AND HAVE A COUPLE OF BREWS
>>
>>28941017
>tfw not even punk is a safe space from normies anymore
why live senpai
>>
>>28941060
Hate to break it to you, but punk rock has been for 'normies' ever since around 1979.
>>
>>28940950
Im gonna get into it

I just need something they havent raped shared and trampled
>>
>>28941060
normans can only listen to dag nasty and black flag, anything more than that and they have no idea.

punk is still sacred
>>
>>28941095
This is true. fdwjowdij
>>
>>28941095
>implying normies were into the punk rock underground

Nope. There was no internet back then you had to go to the concerts and not many normies did

Also

Posting threads like this just get all the roasties into it. Like le xD gamergurls and chads
>>
File: 1161[1].jpg (49 KB, 482x480) Image search: [Google]
1161[1].jpg
49 KB, 482x480
(YOU KNOW THEY'D HAVE YOU IN FUCKING)

CHAINS! CHAINS!

(YOU KNOW THEY'D HAVE YOU IN FUCKING)

CHAINS! CHAINS!
>>
File: 114541[1].jpg (45 KB, 687x700) Image search: [Google]
114541[1].jpg
45 KB, 687x700
>>28940950
My tumblrtard sister thinks Ghost BC are "black metal." I told her they're Doom Metal at best, but desu probably not even metal at all, and she got fucking insanely upset.

So basically listening to Extreme subgenres seemingly is becoming a symbol of status.
>>
>>28941053
DRINKING BLACK COFFEE DRINKING BLACK COFFEE

STARE AT THE WALL
>>
>>28941197
Shut up dumb fucking normie retard

Femanon fucking detected
>>
>>28941118
Nigga plz. Half the ivy league hipsters have all the records you're thinking of, and always have.
>>28941154
>Nope. There was no internet back then you had to go to the concerts and not many normies did

Ole enough to know first hand. Half the bands you're thinking of where full of highly social middle upper class kids. The scene that birthed Rollins and Dischord records were mostly upper class private school kids. Including Henry Garfield himself.
>>
>>28940950
yeah, I doubt normies will be listening to this anytime soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJ0xg-cqPs
>>
>>28941233
STAB TO MY HEART
>>
>>28941245
That doesnt mean the music was mainstream or mainly appreciated by normies
>>
>>28941289
Nobody with any taste is going to be listening to this sperged out manchild nonsense.
>>
>>28941305
I mean Black Flag wern't A-Ha but tons of people liked them. People with friends, GFs, jobs. Plenty of functional people listened to that type of music. It wasn't like NEET shut-ins or whatever.
>>
Greg Ginn was the real robot.

If he had better circumstances, Rollins would be a fucking chad normie
>>
>>28940924
Do you know why Henry's anti-gun? In his memoirs GET ON THE BUS, his friend Joe was killed by a gunman. So stupidly he blamed the gun. I have known two people killed, and am rabidly PRO-gun... Go figure.
>>
>>28941590
>Greg Ginn was the real robot.
Greg Ginn was a fucking hustler who got over on everyone he ever met.

If anyone involved was a 'robot', it was Raymond Pettibon.

>If he had better circumstances

?????. Rollins was from Glover Park and went to the Bullis School. He was from an affluent background.
>>
>>28941684

Didnt Rollins work in some fast food place?
>>
>>28941615
Yep. The artist Joe Cole. His art is on the cover of the Sonic Youth album 'Dirty' and the song 100% is about him.
>>
>>28941696
He worked at the Haagen-Dazs in Georgetown when he was a tennager.
>>
>>28940787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjjY-Pp_og
http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/strength-articles/iron-henry-rollins
If you don't like Rollins you're probably a pussy.
>>
>>28941965
Rollins sucks. He was such a square dork. Both the LA and DC scenes produced much more interesting dudes than him.

Go get a Lungfish record or something and get back to me with how interesting Rollins was.
>>
>>28940693
Henry Rollins is a fucking retard
>>
>>28940734
greg ginn was the robot in black flag
>>
>>28942069
Plz. Greg Ginn was the mastermind behind it all. He was an entrepreneur.
>>
>>28940924
Holy fuck you're stupid.
>Hey guys this person that likes punk rock is left leaning!
Fucking his friend and him got pushed up against a wall and the dude got shot there's a song about it on one of his albums in Rollins Band I think.
You really need to broaden what you know about music and politics you clearly don't know a lot about punk. Why don't you start with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCZN1rU5co
>>
>>28942170
Gun hicks have no interest in reality. Don't bother.
>>
>>28942024
I don't care if people are interesting. I can sit down and listen to a lot of Rollins music, just the stuff he says I've seen and identify a lot with it.
He sounds mostly straight edge you probably just like the typical roll out the drunk/drug addled mess who's getting fucked by media execs putting out some hard image when they're just a fucking mess.
Personally I don't think Rollins was straight edge 100% I would guess some stims or roids were in play there but that's none of my business. If you're gonna rip on Rollins what have you done that's so hard?
>>
>>28942261
I'm a grown up. I don't care about straight edge. Ian MacKeye, who coined the term 'oesn;'t care about straight edge. Rollins was wack, sorry. Wasn't even the best singer of BF (Dukowski)
>>
>>28942198
I don't think that's a valid excuse not to say something. I was a lost cause at some point. If he's gonna get all up with
>muh hardcore
performer. I'd expect that from a punk but most musicians are just performers and put out a persona. It's a joke. I'm not saying they're posers but it's like gullible.
>>28942337
Holy fuck you're still going on about black flag? Don't you know any other punk bands or you work on the media tier system? Who's a harder performer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYxNJbCvCdQ
People can say one thing and live a totally different life. It's why most people grow out of punk anarchy is bullshit.
>>
>>28942552
I'm still on about BF in a thread about Henry Rollins???

GG Allin was a carnival geek. He was never taken seriously.

Are you drunk or something/ Is English your second language? Your post is barely coherent.
>>
>>28942552
you think dukoswski was the best vocalist?

even if he said rollins wasnt the best, its punk who cares about that stuff its all about what you like
>>
>>28942644
i am this anon>>28942656

and I dislike people that know all the names and tell you about the band members and stuff, not that its bad, but it ruins your vision and i'd rather like to ruin the vision myself

like the people who force post kurt cobain threads to the point where everyone and their mom is listening to them and talking about them, like wtf is that what they wanted? they wanted everyone to listen to their music? Isn't it suppose to be a personal thing?

Must be an extroverted normie thing

thats my war...
>>
>>28942739
You don't like people who know what they are talking about?

Again are you drunk or ESL or like learning disabled or something?
>>
>Liking hardcore punk
>not realizing it's just angsty normie social music.
>>
>>28940693
YOOOUSAY, THAT YOU'RE MY FRIEEEEEEND BUT YOU'RE ONNNNEA THEM, ONE A THEEEEEEEEEEEEM
THEEEEM
THEEEEM
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28942783
Music is a feel thing go take your specifics and logistics somewhere else

femanon detected
>>
File: egypt.jpg (131 KB, 730x960) Image search: [Google]
egypt.jpg
131 KB, 730x960
>>28942644
Of course I'm fucking drunk what else do you expect a soldier to do on memorial day?
>>28942656
Alright pal you want the best go listen to some fucking autotune pop shit. What sells is the best.
GG Allin was a joke because he was living the cliche. Aside from the Jerry Springer and internet shit when he was rolling around performing sets you would of probably had to get on the ground and go see it and interact with people around him to know about it. You sit in your comfy little room being a NEET talking about what's hard vs. going out and experiencing it. I bet most of you'd of shit a fucking brick in that kind of crowd. It's kind of like expectations vs. reality. You think your shit is hard but you'd show up to a nice cushy show provided by all sorts of safe guards and safety measures. You're probably good for business, just there for the show. You don't really get any of it though it's over your head.
>>
>>28942862
sorry im dumb but I just meant who cares about who the vocalists were, its all about who you like
>>
>>28942862
Sober up GI Joe.

Kek, and talking all this punk shit when you're military.
>>
>>28942963
I think that's more of a cult of personality thing. Judas Priest is probably the only band I can think of off hand that just replaced the front dude and kept going. Sublime is still around but no where near the impact they use to have I haven't heard anything new from them but if they play the old stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T6N5UBeFpk
>>28942971
Yeah I'm a sell out. Buy my tickets tool.
>>
>>28940873

While he spouts pseudo-intellectual nonsense at sold out clubs and universities you spout pseudo-intellectual nonsense in /r9k/

Don't you get it yet?
>>
>>28943169
>Judas Priest is probably the only band I can think of off hand that just replaced the front dude and kept going.
Genesis
AC/DC
King Crimson
Black Sabbath
Van Halen
Iron Maiden
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
Plenty of bands did this.
>>
>>28943177
Not that anon, but to be fair, it was different era.

It would be next to impossible to have Rollins' career if you were a 17 year old right now.
>>
>>28943318
I was probably wrong, I forgot bands are usually just an act and parts of them are never seen/known or just easily replaced all the time. Another cog.
I probably should of said bands that can't replace someone like Jello Biafra.
If you don't care who's playing it then why don't you go watch cover bands they just play someone elses music, that's how most pop performers are today.
This is getting so far from the point. Anyway it's like a lot of bands get a reputation, fine. I think it's just a hipster attitude to be like this guy is better than that one, then completely ignore how that one went on to keep being successful and putting out great music. here's a relevant one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KANoVk5CgQ
>>
>>28943513
lol it's easier today with the internet
remember the leafy h3 thing? leafy is the modern day version of that and all he has to do is criticize other people instead of actually produce any music.
>>
>>28943603
>I probably should of said bands that can't replace someone like Jello Biafra.
It's tough. If I were around at them time, I probably would have thought that Peter Gabriel or Ozzy Osbourne were irreplaceable. In the cases of Genesis and Pink Floyd, it caused significant stylistic changes.

I do think it's harder in the case of punk because it sells itself as being authentic and personal. If the singer doesn't changed the style at all, it seems just a tad bit phony. That's why it worked for Black Flag. I can't think of another punk band that was able to successfully change lead singers. The Misfits and Dead Kennedys were both disastrous.
>>
>>28943641
Much harder w/ the internet. Publishing today is hitting 'Enter'. it's been completely devalued to the point where it's a non-entity. You can't even make the meager living you could in the 80s.
>>
File: Wisdom_In_Chains_Die_Young.jpg (72 KB, 306x300) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom_In_Chains_Die_Young.jpg
72 KB, 306x300
THE WORLD IS LIKE A WEIGHT THAT'S DRAGGING ME DOWN
>>
>>28940830
he was just being edgy. He didn't say he had trouble getting women he just said that he had standards
>>
SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SIX PACK TO MY NAME- SIX PACK
>>
WE
ARE TIRED
OF YOUR
ABUSE

TRY TO STOP US, ITS NO USE
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.