[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /r9k/, I thought about asking /adv/ but you've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1464442676457.jpg (67 KB, 715x722) Image search: [Google]
1464442676457.jpg
67 KB, 715x722
Ok /r9k/, I thought about asking /adv/ but you've never steered me too wrong, so here we go.
This person that I've been talking to is kinda pushing me to Skype with them, because apparently they want to watch anime and shit with me, but I have literally no idea how that would work?
I mean, they seem like the type of gal that enjoys commenting on shit as they watch, but I'm not? I normally watch my shows in silence ya know.
Plus I'm really not that interesting of a person? I can so see myself trying to be clever with some stray remark, and getting nothing but an awkward chuckle or sniff in return, what the hell do I do?

TL;DR - OP is a fucking autist that has no clue how to watch things with other people.
And an autist that can't properly read board descriptions, apparently.
>>
>>28939965
Bump.
I'm only gonna do this thrice.
>>
File: 56.jpg (23 KB, 794x326) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
23 KB, 794x326
/adv/ threads belong to /adv/, it is even a rule
>>>/adv/
>>
File: 1462568333902.png (322 KB, 591x716) Image search: [Google]
1462568333902.png
322 KB, 591x716
>>28940167
Gotcha.
Sorry.
>>
>>28939965
Kinda done this before, but with friends but it wouldn't be different with a love interest.

Just believe, man. She won't talk when the chracters are talking or if interesting or important shit is going down. If she wants to say something, she will say it when she knows SHE won't miss anything important and naturally that will benefit you too.

You don't have to feel obliged with something to say, but needless to say if you watch enough anime you're bound to have a retort to things she says or you're bound to have an opinion or at least preference to some things.

And since you're watching together, more than likely anything she does say isn't just meant to be a passing comment where you're meant to make one back. Real cool / interesting people worth your time make inclusive comments based on who they're watching with so you can respond without feeling like it's a burden on you.

For example, there's a difference and a large one between the three statements:

1) Why did she hit him over the head with that book even though he helped her?

2) Dude, did she just hit him over the head with that book even though he helped her?

3) Damn, she hit him over the head with that book even though he helped her.

Number 1 is inviting meaningful and fulfilling discussion which will make you feel like you're engaging with her. That's the ideal.

Number 2 is remarking on the occurrence in such a way that it invites a similar response or agreement. This is most common, and acceptable.

Number 3 is remarking on something, but isn't really something you can respond to, but instead you pretty much can only work hard to form your own statement in response to avoid an awkward silence regardless of the fact that she gave you nothing to work with, or else keep quiet and seem antisocial.

I'm sure no.3 is exactly what you're scared of, but it wont happen. Don't worry, she'll use one of the two ways mentioned before that and it'll rock.
>>
>>28939965
Guy who posted big lot of advice beforehand, forgot to mention that in terms of taking the intiative yourself, if it gets silent and you feel you should say something, try and use a response somewhat similar to the first two I posted and see what happens. If she seems genuinely interested and invested in her response, keep doing that kinda stuff. If not, then don't worry and just don't try and push that stuff. Either leave it up to her to bring something up whenever, or just watch in relative silence.

And don't worry, if you watch in silence by what seems like her choice, she wont be mad about it. She probably would've just wanted to share the experience with you and not much more. And if she's the type to watch anime in silence anyway, then she'll be happy that you leave her to it and watch in silence yourself.

TL;DR for this one, test the waters if you're unsure and react accordingly.
>>
>>28940567
>>28940494
Thanks, anon. This helps.
>>
>>28939965
I don't know you so I can't possibly advice you on this, some people do well in irl interaction, some people do well online, some people do well as part of a group
I don't know which kind of person you are
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.