[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: books that /r9k/ would enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18
File: 662.jpg (185 KB, 299x475) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
185 KB, 299x475
ITT: books that /r9k/ would enjoy
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 850x400
>>28938734
Great book tbqh, SJW commies and /pol/ "alt-right" fascists could learn from it
>>
>>28938734
Blood Meridian. A bunch of violent aspies killing native americans for dollarydoos and fun.
>>
>>28938757
A Jewess thinks atomization is good? I'm surprised.
>>
File: quran.jpg (65 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
quran.jpg
65 KB, 600x340
textless posts are definitely not allowed here it seems
>>
>>28938734
This is probably the best comedy ever
>>
Notes from Underground. Narrator is a robot
>>
I read that book a couple months ago and it was pretty fucking boring OP.

Yes, liberals are scum. Didn't need to beat it to death.

The sex parts were really cringeworthy.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 220x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 220x335
some essential fedora-core
>>
>>28938757
c'mon man ur smarter than that
>>
Daily reminder Ayn Rand collected social security herself.
>>
>>28938734
2edgy4me

memio
>>
>>28938801
To be honest, most here probably would actually enjoy reading it.

>cp
>incest
>gore
>nationalism

It's almost as if the texts were collected from an ancient 4chan.
>>
>>28939124
The bible has all that too, but we swerve our fecoras the other way
>>
>>28938734
The Capital, The Pooh Perplex, The Death of Ivan Ilich, The Inheritance of Rome
>>
File: 1461792092884.jpg (104 KB, 970x825) Image search: [Google]
1461792092884.jpg
104 KB, 970x825
I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet.
>>
File: 1454331598400.jpg (11 KB, 207x300) Image search: [Google]
1454331598400.jpg
11 KB, 207x300
>>28939494
While we're at it...
>>
File: poohology.jpg (76 KB, 394x440) Image search: [Google]
poohology.jpg
76 KB, 394x440
>>28939402
excerpt from Crews' Pooh Perplex (I downloaded it from gen.lib.rus.ec)
>>
File: pooh perplex index.png (72 KB, 501x768) Image search: [Google]
pooh perplex index.png
72 KB, 501x768
>>28939668
The book's index:
>>
File: pooh marxism.png (93 KB, 378x472) Image search: [Google]
pooh marxism.png
93 KB, 378x472
>>28939679
In this excerpt, you can ree at a Marxist-Leninist attacking the comfiest work of all time.
>>
>>28939700
This is one of the most autistic things I've ever read
>>
>>28938972
Fukk off
I'm a robot
>>
File: 1437960018401.png (171 KB, 223x351) Image search: [Google]
1437960018401.png
171 KB, 223x351
>>28938734
Objectively the best book about being a failure.
I reread it at least once a year.
>>
File: 1456973342401.jpg (18 KB, 314x262) Image search: [Google]
1456973342401.jpg
18 KB, 314x262
>>28938734
>atlas shrugged
>a robot book
/r9k/ is the dregs of society that can barely get out of bed in the morning to talk to people. What makes you think some kike's anti-communist book about magical mary sues who can do no wrong and are kept down by the ebil gubmint would appeal to people with absolutely no special qualities?
>>
>>28939757
True
inb4 LOL HISCHOOL LMAO
>>
>>28939778
How ironic it is, that /pol/ and other retards will go out of their way to say that Jews want communism. They lose if communism was implemented, but retards don't see this. They think communism is the kike way of keeping the white man as a slave.
Fucking retards, communism is about giving equality to everyone.
>>
>>28938734
the brothers karazamov
crime and punishment
nausea
the stranger
>>
>>28938801
>>28939124
There isn't death in the Quran at all.
>>
>>28940065
ahsalamalaykum I heard you're not supposed to translate the quran is that true
>>
>>28940092
Then how do Asian Muslims read it?
>>
>>28939124
>cp
The "Mohammed marrying a small girl" isn't in the Quran, it's in a text written by a cleric a fair bit later, those texts are called "hadiths" and which are legitimate and which aren't is subject to constant debate between Islamic scholars.
>>
>>28940103
they learn arabic probably. I mean latin used to be the language of all ecclesiastic types in christendom so it's not strange to assume they keep it all in arabic
>>
>>28939124
The bible has more of that than the Quran
>>
>>28940092
Iranians read it in Persian, afaik. It's probably only Saudi cuckoo-bananas snackbars who claim that.
>>
>>28940142
aren't persians like a different sect they're shiite mostly if my paradox games are correct
>>
>>28939885
Actually the point of most Rand books is that some people are gommunist :DD because they've elevated mediocrity to a virtue. Those people are the "moochers". They invariably lose the things they've confiscated from the "producers" to "looters", or gangsters that take advantage of a political upheaval to grab power. Looters don't believe in gommunism, they just profit off of it. The valid takeaway from AS or TF isn't that mediocre people are all resentful bitter liars, it's that a system of equalizing redistribution always ends up enabling totalitarians and criminally minded people who gravitate towards positions controlling the redistribution of resources.
>>
logically all the neets on here should be Bernie fags for them programs

a society without any safety net is some of you faggot's worst nightmare

i guess your friends and family could help you out ..... oh wait
>>
>>28939885
>(((Karl Marx)))
>(((Marx))) was ancestrally Jewish; his maternal grandfather was a Dutch rabbi, while his paternal line had supplied Trier's rabbis since 1723, a role taken by his grandfather Meier Halevi (((Marx)))
>>
>>28940198
your post contradicts the ebin 'living in your moms basement' may may.
if you live in your moms basement doesnt that mean mummy (a family member) IS helping you out?
>>
>>28940164
Lots of Iranians are Shiite because the Safavid empire in the 16th century converted most of the people living in modern day Iran. Persians around the world are often Shiite as a result. But sometimes you get Sunni Persians, especially those who aren't Iranian.
>>
>>28940164
Yes, but the first Persian translation was before they converted to Shiism in the 1500's.
>The first translation of the Qur'an was performed by Salman the Persian, who translated Surah al-Fatihah into the Persian language during the early 7th century.[3] According to Islamic tradition contained in the hadith, Emperor Negus of Abyssinia and Byzantine Emperor Heraclius received letters from Muhammad containing verses from the Qur'an[citation needed]. However, during Muhammad's lifetime, no passage from the Qur'an was ever translated into these languages nor any other.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran_translations
>>
>>28939757
every 8th grader's favorite book
>>
>>28939271
>>28940139
>someone says something about Islam
>y-yeah but look at Christianity
>>
>>28940219
Idk mane

What if mommy would rather her special bouncing baby boy got his tendies from the Bernie Act of 2018 instead of her own pocket?
>>
>>28940202
theres a difference between being of jewish faith and being a corporate kike who only cares for his own well being.
it just so happens that a good number of people in the latter category are also members of the former category.
>>
>>28938734
this book is boring af. it started off slow and i was like ok hopefully it picks up but then at page 50 i wanted to stop reading it but forced myself for some reason. i got to around page 100 then said fuck it. this book literally ruined reading for me. I didnt read for fun for like 3 years because of this piece of shit.
>>
>>28940223
I forget what the difference between shiite and sunni is do you happen to know?

>>28940224
hmm, why are english translations not more known? I swear I heard somewhere that it was against the rules
>>
I am Legend
The Road
American Psycho
>>
>>28939494
Everyone here's read it, twice at the least.
>>
>>28940139
The Bible is 10 times longer than the Quran and isn't promoting what Islam loves, you illiterate reddit faggot.
>>
>>28940253
Are they wrong? Just looking at scripture I mean
>>
>>28940278

Yeah the basic history of the schism between Sunnism and Shiism is as follows:

>Mohammed dies around 632 AD after taking over Mecca
>The members of his tribe and local converts are the beginning of the Muslims and they're still more of a tribe than a religion
>Mohammed didn't name a successor
>His tribe's elders deliberate on who should come after
>Some people think it should be by bloodline or marriage, and want the husband of Mohammed's daughter Fatima, a guy named Ali, to lead
>But most of the people and elders think it should be based on merit, since it's going to be a big interethnic faith instead of a tribe one day
>Nobody gets their top choice so Abu Bakr, everyone's second choice, is made the first Caliph

Fast forward a few generations

>Islam has taken over most of Arabia and the Levant, headquarters of the first Umayyad caliphate which is basically a dynasty created by the third caliph, Othman
>After three other Caliphs, or religious leaders, Ali is made the fourth caliph, but he is assassinated
>His two sons Hossan and Huseyn lead a bunch of allies against the Umayyads at Karbala
>A bunch of the allies desert the brothers right before the big battle, and they lose it
>Huseyn is killed
>After this the people who believe the caliphs should be of Muhammed's bloodline, lay low for centuries, only really cropping up again in the 11th century.

tl:dr the difference is basically that Shiites believe leadership of the Islamic community should be dynastic/based on bloodline or marriage, and the Sunnis believe it should be based on merit. There are other more modern differences but that's the most important fundamental divide.
>>
The Double by Jose Saramago
>>
>>28940506
I see now, thank you, anon. does that mean the ayatollah can trace his lineage to mohammed?
>>
>>28938734
Anxiety: A Condition of Modern Man
>>
>>28940633
Supposedly? I'm less clear on modern Shiism, but what I think I understand is that the descendants of the prophet are called Sayyids and have certain symbols of rank, like they used to wear green turbans or sashes while other people wore gray. People who became significant holy men or leaders were Imams, and the Ayatollah was chosen from among the Imams. Don't quote me on this though desu
>>
File: Donquixote.jpg (105 KB, 507x601) Image search: [Google]
Donquixote.jpg
105 KB, 507x601
This desu familia, the only thing that makes me happy are my dreams.

All the normal fags can hear are sheeps bleating.
>>
>>28940740
so is it that each of the imams up for election has a drop of mohammed's blood? otherwise from what you say it sounds an awful lot like how the pope is elected
>>
>>28940900
yeah it's something to do with lineage making you qualified. The pope's election is much more like how the Sunni caliphs were chosen, not including the way the Sultans did it during the Ottoman empire
>>
>>28940999
sunnis only elect when there's a caliph? because I also heard that for muslims every man is in charge of religion for his family and is basically a kind of imam for them and it's a lot less centralized than other religions
>>
>>28941066

I don't really know anything about that tbqh but that doesn't mean I'm challenging it, I'm not Muslim

What I do know is that Islam was built to be a community rather than a republic of different communities, like how other faiths tend to be. The Quran is supposed to be in Arabic, partly so everyone in the Islamic world can sort of understand the same universal truths and enable communication with one another. Also, caliphs were supposed to be for the whole Islamic faith, although through history that got fractured a lot.

What I understand about caliphs is that the faith is supposed to have a leader, but it seems to be getting along fairly well without one. There's no caliph now for example
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (157 KB, 908x1000) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
157 KB, 908x1000
>>28938734
>Randroids on /r9k/
>>
>>28941216
there is a theme of unity in islam that seems stronger than others, what with the pilgrimage and the daily prayers towards mecca. I don't know much about it, but that's the impression I get from observation
>>
>>28941311
Right exactly. Part of it is that Sunni vs Shiite, no matter how much their adherents disagree, was nowhere near as great of a divide as the Protestant Reformation in Christendom.
>>
>>28940278
>hmm, why are english translations not more known? I swear I heard somewhere that it was against the rules
It probably has to do with crazy wahhabis and their increasing overrepresentation, it's a shame really, Saudi Arabia's pumping big money into spreading that madness.
>>
>>28940528
The Elephant's Journey for keks and hard feels
>>
>>28941350
if the difference is a matter of merit or blood, then that's not nearly as core as differences in scripture would be, as the protestant schism is, so that makes sense

>>28941503
I've heard good things about sufi muslims do you know anything about them?
>>
>>28938734
Why does the most parasitic, less dependent group of society (robots/neckbeards) like atlas shrugged?
>>
only true answer is

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>28941542
>sufi muslims
Not much, but they seem bretty cool. Lots of music and poetry, interesting mysticism. I should read up on them when I have the time, I just don't really have the patience to go for a google search and finding stupid meaningless feel-good orientalist blogs about "connecting with one's higher self", so I prefer to stay consciously ignorant rather than misinformed.
As far as I know, this is sufi music, or at least the poem is or something. The musicians are Iranian and sing in Persian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqE2JQON6gc
It's bretty gud stuff desu desu
Going to bed now, it's 3:46 am here in moortugal. Night night.
>>
>>28941646
sleep tight, anon thanks for talking to me
>>
File: Perksofbeingwallflower1.jpg (30 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
Perksofbeingwallflower1.jpg
30 KB, 354x500
This actually has some pretty decent robot feels, don't be put off by the tumblr-core movie/fanbase
>>
Only for adult robots.
>>
>>28941870
that is the ugliest cover ive ever seen. whoever greenlighted it should be fired. it makes me want to throw up
>>
>>28940006
this
>>28941591
nah that shit's cucked
>>
>>28940278
>I swear I heard somewhere that it was against the rules
There's a lot of disagreement among Muslims. It wouldn't surprise me if this is something they argue about.

The Quran isn't all that impressive in English. From what I understand, a big part of its appeal is the way it uses the Arabic language. I don't intend on learning Arabic, so I'll probably never know.
>>
>>28939011
She paid for it, numbnuts.
>>
Give a Boy a Gun by Jack Olson
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.