[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How autistic are/were you /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 673x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 673x1000
>be teenager
>see some cool shit on tv with guns and bombs
>immediately get up and start jumping, cackling, and jerking my hands around in a spastic manner
>learned to control it at 20

Anybody else did something similar or worse?
>>
Yes but controlled it in public since a kid. Still do it sometimes in private.
>>
>>28938389

When I get really exited or BTFO someone in an argument I shake my hands almost like I'm typing in one of those hacking movies

it gets the energy out
>>
That is literally the opposite of autism. It is called an rush of adrenaline.
>>
>>28938389
My parents tell me that when I'd come down for breakfast and they'd say "good morning," I would scowl at them and say, "I don't do small talk." They said it was charming and cute when I was six, but stopped being so cute when I was 16.

There's a super-8 film of me at my first birthday where my parents bought two cakes: one to eat and one to let me play in and destroy. When I refused to destroy the cake, they pushed my hands into it and I recoil in horror, shaking my hands and crying. When my parents tried smearing cake and frosting on my face, I throw my head back and howl in horror, holding my cake-smeared hands away from me like they were on fire.

I never cried. Ever. My mother says she wept because she believed I was deaf and dumb, even though the doctors assured her I wasn't. She'd never seen a baby so quiet.

Instead of crawling, I apparently pushed myself backwards across the floor on my ass using one leg for leverage.

I used to spend hours on the front lawn, staring at a single flower in my fingers, twirling it around and around, never getting bored and completely engrossed.

My aunt and uncle took me out to dinner once when I was six. Once. They said I spent the entire meal talking about the risk of thermonuclear holocaust and the likely effects of a full-scale nuclear exchange.

My mother was constantly finding ant nests in my pants when she did the laundry because I thought they were my friends, let them crawl on me, and kept them with me in my pockets.

I once nearly died when I was eight because, on my way to the corner store, I noticed there was no traffic and wondered how many times I could cross the street before a car came. So I started criss-crossing, keeping track of how many times I'd done it, even as a car got closer and closer. He saw me cross the street and hadn't expected me to dart back onto the road in front of his car. I went underneath the car, but between the wheels. A foot to either side and I'd have been crushed.
>>
>>28938389

In grade school I made up elaborate lies of having a long-distance GF and went so far as to create a fake MSN messenger profile to pretend to be my own "girlfriend" and add some of my friends and talk to them to make it believable.

I even logged onto both mine and my "gf's" MSN profile at the same time and had 3-way chats with friends to make it more believable.

No one ever called me out and I don't think they remember it anymore, but god damn looking back does that make me cringe
>>
up until mid-highschool, whenever I was excited (anticipating something, watching an action movie, etc.) I would death grip my hands into fists and shove them deep into my cheeks while sucking in through my teeth
only reason I stopped is nothing excites me anymore ;-;
>>
>>28938968
>I never cried. Ever. My mother says she wept because she believed I was deaf and dumb, even though the doctors assured her I wasn't. She'd never seen a baby so quiet.

>Instead of crawling, I apparently pushed myself backwards across the floor on my ass using one leg for leverage.

holy moly me too bud
>>
Am public controlled. Can be controlled in can be for public I can be. Am ready for public cooperation. Ready for alway am can be.
>>
>Start thinking of something
>Idea slowly develops into weird convoluted plan or conversation with myself
>Storyline begins to develop in my mind
>I start running up and down the stairs, jumping around, swinging off of doorframes, and flailing my arms wildly while the idea develops
>>I don't know I'm doing it; it's automatic
>>Even do this if I'm wearing almost no clothes (like before a shower or something)
>My heart rate normally skyrockets when I do this and I need to take a breather afterwards
>>
>>28938389
>be 10-16
>huge fucking spazstick, over hyped about everything
>imitate everything i see in movies/ shows that i find funny/cool
>0 awareness to subtle hints / flirts

id say worse
>>
The autismo in this thread is tremendous. Plz don't stop guise
>>
File: Capture4.png (77 KB, 292x294) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
77 KB, 292x294
>Senior year of highschool
>Be a huge ponyfag
>Buy so many pony shirts that they're all i wear
>Buy a pony bag
>Start bringing pony toys to school that I put I my desk
>Be known as Ponyboy

I mean I was already an outcast, but anyone who didn't think I was a massive faggot already did after I started that shit. Not a ponyfag any more, but the memories haunt me.
>>
>>28939242
Sounds like my little brother, Josh get off my /r9k/
>>
>>28939214
im sorry i chuckled but im glad im not the only weirdo around.
you sound like a awesome roommate :D no homo
>>
>>28939302
>generic autism traits
>m-muh brah
get a cup of coffee fag and sit the fuck down.
>>
>>28938427
My legs shake and I have to like wiggle them around so I don't fall down. I got in a fight with a protester at a Trump rally and did that the entire time, I probably looked like a fucking retard.
>>
> be super into computers
> learn bunch of languages
> only talk about computers and stuff
> realising I am never once making eye contact during long monologues about syntax

Still like this, in all honesty kind of enjoying it
>>
File: 1463087240441.png (869 KB, 753x706) Image search: [Google]
1463087240441.png
869 KB, 753x706
>>28938389
>tfw I used to listen to Barry White, Sade and cheesy as fuck R&B unashamedly telling people
>used to blast that shit out in university of all places
>>
>>28939344
>having autism
subhuman

>>28939425
If you're beating up protesters at a Trump rally, you're a good man no matter how much of a spastic you look like
>>
> be super into computers
> learn C/C++
> never talk about it

Almost discovered calculus in gradeschool during recess.
Didn't say anything to anyone as if anyone would recognize what that is. Didn't show it to teachers, they'd treat me like I was autistic.

>now 20
>everyone is either an idiot or lying because i'm the real idiot
> can't even
>>
> 23
> Have severe stimming and sensory issues found in low-functioning/nonverbal autistic people
> No ASD diagnosis at all
> Was tested for Tourette's; not given diagnosis because I can control it in public

It's a living hell. Almost every waking moment I feel like I'm super stimulated and "amped" for something.
>>
>>28939526
Sade? What are you, a black person in 1994?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WGmwiZlyA
>>
>>28939598
Smoke some cigarettes. You'll get addicted and they will irreversibly alter your brain, reward pathway and psyche but it'll spend all that energylike that.
>>
>>28939597
thathappened.jpg

newton get out
>>
>>28939566
Thanks, it means a lot. Just doing my part to make the world a better place.
>>
>>28939566
http://www.calgaryautism.com/characteristics.htm
id bet you have at least 10 of those
>having some of the traits = autism
don't know about autism, but you don't sound like you know much about the subject.
>>
>>28939624
I actually tried various things. I tried weed, but every time I smoked it I became extremely anxious and paranoid to the point where I'd have crying fits.
>>
>>28939603
Even if I was black I doubt I could get away with it, let alone being a skinny white guy.
>>
>>28939628
k

>>28939662
You're supposed to smoke it for the side and after effects you fucking idiot, you're not in the UN there is literally nothing you are capable of conceiving that ought to make you anxious on any level.
>>
>>28939662
>>28939684
P.S.
I said cigarettes specifically. I'm not going to explain why. Unless you pay me. Fuck you. Bro.
>>
File: 13235431.jpg (47 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
13235431.jpg
47 KB, 800x522
>>28938389
>get invited to small get together at friends house for his birthday
>his guy friends are there, but he invites girls including the most popular stacy for whatver fucking reason (I guess because she invited him to her giant birthday party earlier that year) and she comes because she a decent person
>don't hang out with anyone other than host
>quiet barely talk while we sit around a bond fire in the back yard
>mom pulls up in the driveway
>bid adieu
>take off running and jump over the fence
>stacey yells "I LOVE YOU"

I was a tough read for any classmate. Quiet, one of the top 10 students, good looking muscle manlet that couldn't take a hint. But boy was I autistic. 4chan since the beginning.
>>
>>28938968
>parents made me destroy a cake
wtf was up with your parents, anon?
>>
>>28939764
Most kids that age would love to have a cake just to destroy. They thought they were giving me a treat.
>>
>>28939832
Sounds like it was your parents that fucked you up.

Giving a kid a cake to destoy is retarded, it's just teaching bad habits.
>>
>>28939286
>Be known as Ponyboy
fuck, I remember a brony autist from my school that got called this all the time. When we read the outsiders, the kids just tore into him. At the end of the year when we finished it, some kid yelled "Stay gold, ponyboy!" and faced an onslaught of autism when the kid pounded his shit in. Kid got suspended and didn't come back the next year.
>>
File: 3j3scnpB1qegvi4o1_500.png (170 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
3j3scnpB1qegvi4o1_500.png
170 KB, 500x625
>>28938389
>>see some cool shit on tv with guns and bombs
>>immediately get up and start jumping, cackling, and jerking my hands around in a spastic manner

Friend of mine did this during the cinematics in starcraft. Kind of like a cross between maniacal cackling and evil villain "mwah hah hah" laughter.

Another kid got way too enthralled by a truck bomb in a terrorism documentary in criminology class.
>>
Ever since I was little I'd rock back and forth while listening to music. I'm 21 and still do it. I'll put pillows against the wall and rock back and forth violently while listening to music and imagining myself doing something heroic. I hate talking about it because I don't know what it means. I got bullied a lot in school and I've always been a black sheep but I don't think I'm autistic.
>>
>>28939029
Honestly that's more impressive than cringe. That's pretty intricate.
>>
>>28940640
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypy
>>
>>28939699
Wait is it actually irreversible damage? I was a pack a day smoker for a year but I quit recently. Any way to go back to normal?

I kinda forgot what my brain is actually supposed to be like. Care to explain the changes? You don't have to reveal trade secrets.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.