[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wageslave/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 13
File: 1459045223747.png (18 KB, 499x555) Image search: [Google]
1459045223747.png
18 KB, 499x555
Hello fellow wageslaves,

Since tomorrow we go back to work, why don't we talk about what we do.

>What do you do?
>Salary?
>Hours?
>Do you like it?
>>
>>28936844
>What do you do?
Data entry; basically inputting dates/name/addresses/applications etc. onto our databases

I also do reception from time to time for our building

>Salary?
$22/hour CAD

>Hours?
weekdays 8-4

>Do you like it?
it's great, super easy, people like me, hot milfs. only problem is i'm not permanent and my job could end any time
>>
>>28936844

Using my powers of deduction, I conclude that you are a UKfag.
>>
>what do you do?
Assistant manager at Sonic
>Salary?
$11/hr
>Hours?
30/45 a week depending on how busy it is
>do you like it?
It could definitely be worse for someone with no prior job experience.
>>
>>28936902
>22 for data entry

Where do I acquire this job?

>>28937071
Not bad, speaking of that I haven't been there in a long time.
>>
File: 4848484847.jpg (37 KB, 662x684) Image search: [Google]
4848484847.jpg
37 KB, 662x684
>What do you do? Supermarket-cuck
>Salary? 7.80 britfag pounds (around $12usd / hour)
>Hours? only 16 / week contracted but optional overtime whenever really...
>Do you like it? no, it makes me wanna jump infront of a train to be completely honest, i work with some of the biggest 30-40 year old spergs who have worked here for like 20 years.

kill me.
>>
>>28937470
How do people survive on that salary?
>>
Stem cell researcher in regenerative medicine
>>
Financial analyst
$48k
>>
>>28938036
That sounds awesome! How close are we to regrowing organs or nerves?
>>
File: 1458177322161.png (42 KB, 446x373) Image search: [Google]
1458177322161.png
42 KB, 446x373
>>28936844
>What do you do?
actuary for the government
>Salary?
110k + benefits
>Hours?
7-330
>Do you like it?
no, I hate it despite how simple of a job it is. I don't see how people work until they're 65+. I'm 30, been doing this 8 years, and don't know how I'm going to make it to 10 years to vest my pension, let alone another 30 more.
>>
>>28938075
What are your hours?

>>28938103
DC?
>>
>>28937470

Same senpai. As cool as the money is, I don't want to do this anymore.
>>
>>28936844
>What do you do?
Self-employed. Run a SaaS website.

>Salary?
On track for $155k this year.

>Hours?
3-4 hours a day, but can't take days off.

>Do you like it?
The fact that I can't take days off sucks. Other than that, it's pretty great.
>>
>>28938138
>DC?
no, but my boss is in DC, I'm in a remote office.
>>
>>28938103

Dude I hope to god you've been saving up. If you'd saved a good chunk of that over the past 8 years you probably have enough to put in the stock market or something and live off the interest. If not yet. then soon.

Also, how did you get that position?
>>
>>28938103
Can we trade jobs?
>>
>>28938075
dude...do you have a degree?
>>
Two
>Landscaper
>$8.25
>40-50 during peak season of 3 months, 20-30 other wise
>It's okay

>Military reserves
>$240 for 3 day drill
>1 weekend a month, 2 weeks annual training
>I really, really wish I went active duty.
>>
>auditor
>61k, getting a raise to around 68 or so in a month
>9-5 but 9-midnight for a month or two straight once a year
>no it kills me every day

im 24 and making good money though so whatever i guess
>>
File: wah.jpg (229 KB, 874x623) Image search: [Google]
wah.jpg
229 KB, 874x623
>>28936844
>What do you do?
Social work, I also have the pleasure of being a supervisor without the title of supervisor.
>Salary
$16/hr with paid holidays, 2 weeks PTO, mileage.
>Hours?
9am-5pm M-F, rarely get overtime for more than one hour.
>Do you like it?
Some days I feel good that I'm helping people, other days I question why I went into this field. Right now I almost feel like throwing in the towel and applying for a management job in retail somewhere.
>>
>Starcucks Barista
>$8.72/hr
>approx. 20-25 hrs per week, shifts range from 4-5 hours, Tuesday, Thursday-Sunday

Everyone here has drank the corporate Kool Aid. I'm surrounded at work by young attractive women, normies and chads. I have poor conversational skills, and get super anxious.

I manage to fake the part pretty well, but I hate it there. Outwardly I seem to be a 5/10 beta who is well adjusted, professional and friendly. I know that my coworkers privately hate me, though. They can sense my power level. Yet I'll never admit that I know I don't fit in there.

Nobody knows how much I hate my job except for me and you guys reading this.

I need to find a new, better paying job.
>>
>barback at very busy under-staffed bar
>$8/hr + dib
>20-50 hours per week
>no but there is no other work
Just got home from 11 hour shift after boss called me in right at 9 am. Since it's memorial day and there was a popular band, it was fucking hell. The dumpsters ran out of room. Half of the beer ran out. It was so crowded I had to carry everything through the lawn. I really want to quit but I know I can't.
>>
>>28938189
I've got over 100k in the government "Thrift Savings Plan", 50k in stocks, 50k in cash, and 80k in home equity, plus a shitload in credit card limits. I'm going to try getting my house paid off so I won't have any monthly expenses aside from food and utilities and gas and see if I can just live off of that, making minimum credit card payments with the leftover cash until I die. don't have any family and no one will ever love me, so no one who will depend on me and no one to take the debt when I die.

>>28938194
what do you do?
>>
Android programmer/software engineer. Make $12/hr as entry level, going to upgrade to $15/hr+ very soon.

Never graduated college, only went for a bit and studied something completely different.
>>
>>28938475
I do marketing for a tech firm. 9-5, but I'm actively working those 8 hours, plus it's difficult. The copy writing is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>28938428
I'm sorry work was so shitty today, m8.
You should've had the day off to begin with.

Cheers on making it through another ordeal, though. Hope things get less shitty for you.
>>
>>28936844
>What do you do?
Software Dev. Intern starting tomorrow.
>Salary?
$25/hr
>Hours?
40/12weeks
>Do you like it?
I hope so
>>
>all these normies making 30k+ per year in often easy jobs
>thinking they're wageslaves
get the fuck out.
>>
>>28938545
I make 32k with a desk job, it's the worst job in the world.

I've never been more burnt out in my life.
>>
>manager for a call center
>$120k
>10-4
>It's fine for the most part. The only problem is that I have to deal with a lot of female employees, and they're basically like children.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x657
>>28938530
Good luck anon. Hope it goes well for you!
>>
>>28938103
Shit I'm trying to get an actuarial position with my state government.
>>
who /wageslaving to pay off college debt/ here? truly the most miserable existence there is in a developed country.
>>
>>28938496
How does one prepare for/get hired for your position? What skills would someone need to have under their belt, where would they need to go to apply, and what are the major responsibilities of your position?
>>
>>28936844
>>What do you do?
Clinical Trial researcher and coordinator

>>Salary?
GBP 28k

>>Hours?
Generally 9-5, Doctors stop being in after that and most of our trials are out-patient

>>Do you like it?
Yeah its pretty sweet, some speaking to patients but generally they're pretty amiable. The research and toxicology parts are fun. Would recommend.
>>
>>28936844
>What do you do?
I'm an automotive engineer. At the moment I work on ultrasonic parking systems in a hybrid calibration engineer/project management role.

>Salary?
~$90k/year depending on my annual bonus

>Hours?
7:45 - 4:30 most of the time. I occasionally have meetings earlier or later since I work for a worldwide company. I travel about 10% of the time and generally work much longer hours when travelling.

>Do you like it?
I like the engineering part of the job. I love going out in the test cars and driving around gathering data and listening to podcasts and stuff. I don't like the project management parts as much, but I'm also very new to that part of the job so I fee like I don't know what I'm doing yet most of the time.
>>
>>28936844
>manual labor in a factory
>$16.05/hr
>40-50/wk, swing shift. 7 days 1st shift, 4 days off, 7 days 2nd shift, 1 day off, 7 days 3rd shift, 1 day off. repeat.
>i fucking hate it. shit pay. super shit schedule/hours. mandatory overtime whenever they feel like it. random drug testing. HOT AS FUCKING HELL in the summer -- 150 degrees fahrenheit when i have to work on certain pieces of equipment, not even kidding.
>>
>>28938103
This has to be straya or Canada dollars, there is no way you are making that much in USD working for the government
>>
>>28938727
Credentialed actuaries can make that much
>>
>>28938530
Are you in the DFW area?
>>
>>28938612
Thank you, senpai!

>>28938751
No, I'm in NJ
>>
>What do you do?
Aero Eng Intern
>Salary?
$20/hr
>Hours?
6:30-4:00
>Do you like it?
Its been fine, but im ready to go back to school
>>
>>28938545
>>28938718
exactly. unless youre doing manual labor or retail/fast food, quit FUCKING crying about your job. wah wah wah, working at my fucking air conditioned desk for $15/hour from 9-5 with weekends off is so hard. shut the fuck up.
>>
>>28937470
can you explain an average day?
>>
>>28938665
I taught myself how to program in Java, and have lied to myself so often that I'm driven that I believe it now. Also, having programming projects that broaden your knowledge, no matter how lame they may seem helps tremendously.

Also, forgot to mention I'm a contractor and don't have any specified hours, so I go in whenever I want (10ish, usually) and leave the same (4-5ish)

I got sort of lucky with my job, knew the right people at the right time
>>
Lawyer, I only make 40k a year though because my firm is a little shitty one. The good thing is that for the last few months it hasn't been busy so it's just a regular 9 to 5 with plenty of down time. The bad is that with my loan debt my salary doesn't pay me enough to live comfortably. I have a white collar job but live the same as a day laborer.
>>
>>28938718
Let's trade.

I'm this anon >>28938407

I've worked and managed forestry projects working for my county gov't with state Rangers prior to ending up in my frappuccino hell. I don't mind working in shit physical conditions, and 40+ hour full time with certain periods of more than one day off from work sounds glorious.

The money would be so much better, I could build up my savings way more quickly, and maybe even move out. I'd just take time off from college and finish my degree later when I can pay a greater portion of my tuition out of pocket.

Give me your job.
>>
>>28936844
>power plant engineer
>40/hr USD
>7 days a week with quarterly vacations

I enjoy the work when I'm stateside. I get 3-4 months off a year and I like that more than getting weekends off.
Allows me to travel.
>>
>What do you do?
Software installation project manager in airline industry

>Salary?
$70k USD + 3-5% bonus

>Hours?
Probably around 55 per week. I work from early morning and am supposed to leave early afternoon, but that never happens.

>Do you like it?
I do, although it is challenging. I have to work with angry airline managers who live all over the world, so conference calls suck.
My job is essentially to ensure that everything is happening on a project when it is supposed to and making sure the right people are doing what they need to. Developer autists are pretty unreliable at following a schedule and provide updates so part of my job is to annoy them until they do.

Besides that I do pretty much all of the business analytics for our group because I am the only excel expert in our team.
>>
>>28938774
Nvm then, we have interns starting at our company tomorrow as well
>>
>What do you do?
Drug store shift supervisor/Server
>Salary?
$11/hr/$4.05+tips (Usually around 15-20/hr)
>Hours?
40/20
>Do you like it?
Not really. Exhausted most of the time. Average about 60 hours a week. Had to work all weekend (like 8a-10p both days) and a half day today. Get 1 full day off a week if I'm lucky.
>>
>>28938861
For a brief period I was using free online resources to study coding-- I started with HTML/CSS with the intent to move onto harder languages like Java, Python, C++, ect. but I lost interest and other obligations got in my way.

Is it worth it to jump on the grind again and really commit to learning Java? I enjoyed HTML and found it really fun and easy.
>>
>Correctional Officer
>34k

It's really easy if you have thick skin. I got my bachelors working overnights and going to school during the day and now I'm working on my masters so I can get the fuck out do this line of work. The inmates are stupid and your coworkers are even dumber. I do recommend the job for lazy neets though because 98 percent of the job is sitting on your ass.
>>
>>28939164
I mean, yeah, I think it's 100% worth it, but I'm obviously biased.

I do it because solving problems is fun, and even though sometimes it takes an hour or two of frustration, when it works it makes me feel really accomplished.

I tried Codecademy and shit, but that didn't do the trick. It seemed too hand-held for my tastes. What worked for me was pirating textbooks of whatever CS topic I wanted to learn then just going through the book and doing the occasional assignment.

Remember that essentially any question you have when it comes to programming has likely already been asked on the internet, you just have to know how to Google it.

Also, I did it because of the singularity and shit; I've got a little tinfoil hat in me when it comes to imagining what computers and technology will help us with in the future.
>>
>>28936844
>Engineer for the government. I don't do anything though.
>58000 a year. Going to be 70k in 9 months.
>8-430 m-f
>it's alright. They send me on training. Going to be in Alabama and Maryland and Texas all of June, which will be nice. When I'm at the office though it's super boring.
>>
>>28938727
Look up general schedule on Wikipedia. They adjust for locality too. A gs-13 step 10 in San Jose makes well over 100k.
>>
>>28939321
Are there any resources in particular you would recommend?
>>
>>28936844
>What do you do?
Data Analyst. People request information that is stored in our data warehouse. I query it, manipulate it, and present it to them in an easy to understand manner.

>Salary?
$55kyr USD

>Hours?
weekdays 7-4 with a 1 hour lunch in between and also a lot of fuck around time.

>Do you like it?
It's alright
>>
>all these 30k+ jobs

I sometimes get the feeling that neets go into these threads and pose as relatively successful, financially stable, educated business/working professionals in order to demoralize the true wageslaves that inhabit this board.

This is /r9k/. There can't be that many people with a decent salary and standard of living.
>>
Solar installation
$30/hr
50/wk 7-5 M-F
Yeah it's just shit on your back
>>
>>28936844
>tfw 19
>due to me not having a job my dad's forcing me to work at the auto shop he owns
>Min wage, can only leave when I get an internship at somewhere respectable
>tfw I'm grateful but at the same time a little worried because I don't know of any internships near me

I don't know how to feel. On the one hand, I have a job and free housing. On the other, I still feel like I'm stuck in my home, can't move out and try to make my way in the real world.

Anyway, I see y'all talking about Wageslaves all the time and I figured this would apply.
>>
>>28939454
Stackoverflow, Google, The Pirate Bay. Also get a good IDE for whatever language you're programming in. Eclipse or Netbeans for Java is nice. Getting an ebook reader helped me a bunch.

Google search for "The best [programming language] textbook" and download the top like 5, find which one works best for you.

Also, there are things outside of just languages when it comes to programming, like algorithms, data structures, networking, databases, etc.

Two good general-programming books are "Cracking the Coding Interview" and "The Pragmatic Programmer" start with the second one, read the first one once you feel confident and are trying to find a job.

Get excited over little shit. It might take you an hour to figure out how to make a square turn red when a mouse goes over it in CSS or a number guessing game in Java. If you show that to your friends they'll think it's lame, but doing a lot of little projects like that accumulates and makes someone an amazing programmer; you should feel excited when the guessing game successfully compiles and works without any bugs.

Also weed has genuinely helped me a lot. Without sounding too much like a stoner, I feel like it "overclocks" my brain and allows me to think deeper, see things from new perspectives, see more abstraction and patterns, etc.
>>
>>28939563

>implying 30k is a lot of money to make annually before taxes

jesus christ anon, i'll be making around 55-60k USD equivalent when I graduate
>>
how the fuck do all of you without a degree get jobs that easily?

Everything I look at requires you to have a degree or working on one.
>>
>>28939785
>implying that's what I was implying.

30k is poor as fuck.

Robots have little prospects for a decent present and future because of the type of people they are and a lack of willpower, discipline, decent health/looks, social skills, and MONEY.

Your life can suck a million ways to Sunday, but if you have money/education you'll have a much better quality of life than a robot. Women want financial stability, you can travel and invest when you have money, you have more personal freedom to do what you want.

If you have a good life, you don't belong here.
>>
>>28939756
Thank you for your input and answering my questions senpai. You've given me a lot of good information and direction.
>>
Job #1
>warehouse
>1.5 hour commute each way in rush hour
>five bus switches, each packed with ten billion immigrants who don't have any sense of personal space or basic etiquette
>everyone at job is a rude fucking cunt
>mostly girls who form little cliques and hierarchies
>mind-numbing tedium

Job #2
>library
>sit at desk and browse 4chan or read book for $17/hr
>occasionally have to go put books on shelves for 45 minutes
>everyone there is super nice and chill

>tfw I doubled my shifts at job #2 and quit job #1
>>
File: sadneet.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sadneet.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>28939931

>Robots have little prospects for a decent present and future because of the type of people they are

Aint that the truth
>>
>>28939977
No problem, my friend. Good luck!
>>
File: bart_48.jpg (15 KB, 300x474) Image search: [Google]
bart_48.jpg
15 KB, 300x474
>tfw i worked yesterday and today and will be working tomorrow
Being a mailman is pretty alright.
>>
>>28939931
Why are you posting here then if you're so successful?
>>
>What do you do?
Rich parents pay me to teach their kids stuff.
>Salary?
$35/hour
>Hours?
Between 25-30 hours per week.
>Do you like it?
Hell yes.
>>
>>28940215
Sexy rich kids?
>>
>>28938612
>EBIN BUBBLES PIC! HAVE AN UPBOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>28940247
Wtf? No, just kids whose parents are super obsessed with their kids being good at stuff.
>>
>>28940194
I'm not. I never said I was.
>>
>>28938727
my dad makes $180k per year for the government as a project director for NASA
>>
>What do you do?
I'm a nurse for the government
>Salary?
$31 an hour or about $64k a year
>Hours?
8-5
>Do you like it?
No. I am happy to have a good job, but it has problems. I have crazy coworkers with anger problems and I don't think I am making enough money to buy a house in my area one day. Plus I want to find a good husband who makes enough to support a family, and I don't want him to think I am lazy and poor.
>>
>What do you do?
I'm in the air force learning korean
>Salary?
Look up E3 pay for yourself
>Hours?
800-1550 Mon-fri, with PT Mon Wed and Thurs from 1615-1700ish
>Do you like it?
Meh. I actually have friends here I guess. Other than that its so stressful that if I werent in Monterey Id end myself.
>>
File: skullknight.gif (1010 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
skullknight.gif
1010 KB, 500x277
>What do you do?
Forklift Operator for a brewery
>salary?
$25/hr or $56k a year
>Hours?
36-40 a week, with overtime available almost whenever
>do you like it?
Fuck yeah, The benefits and money are amazing (dental, medical, pension, free alcohol) for being only 20 years old. Its just gonna suck when i go back to school next year and have to give that all up. Hoping they let me come back every summer, or give me an apprenticeship desu
>>
Im 24 and make $9.25 an hour at mcdonalds. Been working here for 3 years. No degree.

Youre all a bunch of normies
>>
How do I become a wageslave? I had a job interview today, but I didn't get it. Any easy places to apply to or advice for jobs to look for?
>>
>>28942038
Trust me its not worth it

Normies think less of minimum wage workers than they do of neets

Unless youre underage that is. Then apply to fast food or grocery
>>
>>28942038
Was that your first ever interview? Cuz that happens all the time, plenty of people get denies for stuff.

It that wasn't you're first interview, well fuck. Try places that have "now hiring" signs and what not. Usually they are understaffed and more willing to hire fuckups.
>>
File: 1270675901380.jpg (74 KB, 461x523) Image search: [Google]
1270675901380.jpg
74 KB, 461x523
>What do you do?
Accountant/DBA for an investment firm.
>Salary?
45k a year + semiannual bonus of up to $4500
>Hours?
5am-3pm
>Do you like it?
I should. It has great benefits ($0 of my health insurance is deducted from my paycheck, dental, vision included, and a baller 401k package). The work isn't even that hard. My family says I'd be a fucking idiot to quit this job, and that I should instead focus in on it really hard so I can get a promotion.

The thing is, I just hate working. Hate, hate, hate it. I hate how I have to keep all my interests a secret from my coworkers since they're all weird (e.g. Touhou, JJBA, figure collecting, etc. ). I hate how I'm not into sports or Game of Thrones which pretty much means I can't really talk to them about anything. I hate how even if I finish all my work for the day at noon, I'm expected to somehow be productive for another three hours. I hate how I'm supposed to do this shit until I'm old, grey, and used up.

A few of my friends are living the NEET life still, and I couldn't be more jealous of them. One of them spent seven hours just playing Overwatch last week. That sounds like heaven to me.

I'm currently going through my usual Sunday ritual of debating whether to go to work tomorrow or kill myself tonight. As usual, I'll chicken out and go to work tomorrow, losing yet another shred of my soul in the process.
>>
>>28938711
Give me a job please
>>
What do you do?
EMT-B
>Salary?
$13/hr
>Hours?
Different days of the week, 8-16 hour shifts
>Do you like it?
Doing this to get into med school, but it's nice getting fit lifting all these dialysis patients.
>>
>>28938556
I mean I get that different jobs are hard in different ways but how the fuck can you honestly say a cushy desk job with decent pay is worse than shitty manual labor or some minimum wage retail bulllshit? Appreciate how nice you have it
>>
>>28939931
Isn't 30k middle class?
>>
>>28942471
Those arent real jobs so they dont count. Only people still in school or literal retards do that shit.
>>
>>28942625
Lmao no. 30k is poverty tier.
>>
>>28942652
You have no legitimate conception of the world because your mommy and daddy paid for you to go to school. You live in a bubble created by wealth and believe in the "Just World" fallacy. Get off this board.
>>
>>28942625
Depends on where you live. Most cities it's solid lower class, but it'll be lower-middle in a small town
>>
>>28936844
>What do you do?
Sr. Web Designer and freelance design

>Salary?
$44,500 + anywhere from 4-5k in freelance

>Hours?
Wagecuck job is 11am - 7pm which is p good. Freelance on the weekend.

>Do you like it?
Yeah it's pretty good. Better than fucking burger flipping or Tim Hortons
>>
>>28942853
What do you do on a daily basis?
>>
>What do you do?
shift supervisor/pharmacy cashier
>Salary?
$10.5/hr
>Hours?
2-9/1-8
>Do you like it?
No but I've been doing it for five years and have yet to get another job. Almost everyone I work with is in the same situation, we're just working and sending out resumes and waiting to be able to leave.
>>
>>28936844
Crime scene/suicide/biohazardous material cleanup
salary starts at 5 figures and makes its way into 6 figures after a while. Right now, I'm making about $120,000 a year
Hours are literally any time, like a firefighter, being called in at shitty times
I love it because I've always been an edgy boy
>>
>What do you do?
Resident.

>Salary?
$70k plus like $45k from overtime and penalty rates.

>Hours?
Shift work, usually 10 hrs 4 days a week.

>Do you like it?
Pretty good. Finishing shift work at the end of the year, heading into more standard 8-5 weekday work. That'll be a good thing. I don't mind nights, but I don't like switching between day and night every other week.
>>
>What do you do?
I keep track of and order the items that we use to ship items out
>Salary?
18/ht
>Hours?
8 - 4:30 Mon - Fri
>Do you like it?
Yeah, it's pretty easy but I wish I had coworkers that I enjoy talking to.
>>
>>28942871
Mockup wireframes, convert PSDs I either designed myself or the grunt designers designed into our CMS, handle updates, content writing, SEO, Analytics, cross browser testing, mobile testing, web application design...I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's the jist of it.
>>
>>28939931
>30k is poor as fuck
>i make $8.40 an hour and I have a bachelor's degree and I can't find a fucking job

kk guys
>>
>>28936844

>wat do?
I do maintenance/Groundskeeping at an Old folks home

>moniez?
I get paid under the table so it varies, but it usually ranges from $400-$700 a week depending on how much stuff I got done

>how long werk?
8am-4pm Monday til thursday every week, I might get called in on weekends if something important bricks

>joo rike it?
Not too shabby, it's mostly manual labor but it could be worse. Most of the old men are vets and they've got lots of cool war stories
The nurses who work here are fine as fuck, I haven't boinked any of them, but I do have my eye on this 9/10 West African qt who works in the kitchens
>>
>>28938711
>>28942305
HELLO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER GUY GIVE ME A JOB
>>
Yo

I'm a hairdresser apprentice
Like $30k Aus dollars
38 a week

It's alright, but fuck people right. This job showed me too much.
>>
>>28938407
>What do you do?
Dunkin Donuts Worker
>Wage
9.25/hr+tips ranging from $3-6 median per night with outer ranges of $1-30 rarely
>Hours
During college, 20 hrs per week. During summer, 29.999999 hrs cuz muh obamacare 30 hrs is full time and we can't be giving the sheeple benefits
>how do you like it
High stress. We have to wear these headsets to take orders over drivethrough and the beep loudly and it hurts my head and everyone there is a recovering crackhead or current pot smoker. Everyone except me is a dead-end loser. One guy is 60 and worked there over 30 years. One started college, started losing it, got kicked out of school and the store. i'm scared I'm next. It's hell to work at, money is nice, but it's very stressful, not too tiring. Free donuts and coffee/smoothies/food is nice though, all unlimited.
>>
>>28943190
Basically, starcuck-sama, I'm saying you suck and I'm a better man for choosing dunkin doNEETs
>>
>>28939563
Yes. That's right. I think you can tell the average age of posters here is obviously 17-23
>>
>>28939563
You'd be surprised. I came to this site in 2006 and was /r9k/ since the first iteration. I'm sure there's a good few others in a similar situation. I don't know why anyone new would come to this board these days unless they were a neet loser but older people sometimes stick around even though the board changes.
>>
>>28943190
>Everyone here except me is a loser
-Every minimum wage cuck
>>
File: 1458756796048.png (5 KB, 365x241) Image search: [Google]
1458756796048.png
5 KB, 365x241
>>28936844
Im from a third world country but here goes nothing.

>what do you do?
Photographer for a small publicity agency.

>Salary?
$500 the month.

>Hours?
Around 4 to 6 hours a day, sometimes i get one or two weeks off if im lucky.

>Do you like it?
Yeah, i enjoy it a lot. It's mostly product photography so i don't have to deal with people as much.
>>
>>28943591
How hard is it to get into photography?
>>
>>28943658
To learn? Not that hard, it's really "simple", gear and smug fucks make it look complex.

I enjoy it because it's relaxing, also most of your photos are going to be utter shit at the begginig so don't be discouraged by that.
>>
>>28938075
financial analyst for 48k? Why bother lmao. you need to analyze why u being paid so shit in the first place
>>
>>28938103
OP is it really that bad? What's an average day like. I'm doing a general math major and I was gonna go into actuarial save up and retire early but now I might want to do a graduate degree
>>
>>28943922
What do you see in math that's so great?
>>
>>28943869

Heh, it's entry level so I ain't mad
>>
anyone have / ever had a job at taco bell?
i've never worked fast food but i really like taco bell and kind of want to work there
>>
>>28938865
must've went to a shit law school
>>
>Electrician
>15/h which is pretty shitty desu
>600-1500
>yeah, all things considered. Been an electrician for about 2 years, could probably make closer to $18 an hour elsewhere though, but I enjoy where I work.
>>
>>28943985
How does a person decide they're going to be an electrician? Seems like an interesting route.
>>
>>28944013
Maybe he likes electricity
>>
-burger king cashier 16 hours a week, papa johns delivery driver 7-10 hours a week

-13/hr burger king
average-15-20/hr at papa johns

-could be worse
>>
finance intern
20/hr
40hr/week
its nice. i get to bankrupt families and say its the markets fault.
>>
>>28944090
Is it rerely your fault though
>>
File: 0530161251a.jpg (687 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
0530161251a.jpg
687 KB, 2048x1350
Build a house, make a dock, eat dog food, and live life. Fuck wage slavery.
>>
>>28938164
What's SaaS?
>>
>>28944070
Where the fuck do you live? 123
>>
>>28944219
Dock bro, how much would I have to pay you to make me a dock? You can get the wood from nearby trees and I'll provide free sandwiches and lemonade while you're working.
>>
>>28944354
I'm not dockbro, i just admire his independence
>>
>>28944384
Thank you for your honesty anon, you can still have a sandwich and some lemonade if you'd like.

>select all the sandwiches
ok
>>
>What do you do?
Line cook at a local grocery store that has a restaurant
>Salary?
$9.50/hour, but I just started a week ago
>Hours?
only getting 20-25 right now, because I just started
>Do you like it?
Yeah, so far I enjoy it. Much less stressful than working college food service
>>
>>28944437
PRAISE DOCKBRO RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREE
>>
Work at a dollar store, assistant manager, barely above minimum wage, hate it. Despise it. Afraid to quit because everything I'm qualified for is the same shit.
>>
>What do you do?
I put molecules together with other molecules
>Salary?
13 euros/h
>Hours?
8 at minimum but overwork is fairly normal
>Do you like it?
Love it
>>
>What do you do?
I'm an analyst at a major aerospace company
>Salary?
$21/hr
>Hours?
at least 40 up to 60 if I want with overtime pay
>Do you like it?
Its terribly boring 80% of the time but the money is really good.
>>
>What do you do?
work with special needs adults
>Salary?
10/hour
>Hours?
40-50 hours a week depending
>Do you like it?
i do genuinely enjoy it, but doing anything for 10-12 hours a day is pretty fucking tiresome. i want off this ride but perpetuating my existence is too fucking expensive
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.