[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's your favorite movie, and why is it your favorite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
File: 1448751888409.jpg (89 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448751888409.jpg
89 KB, 500x375
what's your favorite movie, and why is it your favorite?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 477x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 477x268
The Sandlot

For 90 minutes I get to be a kid again, a time before the pain started.
>>
The Shawshank Redemption because it gives me hope that I too will escape my prison. Also pretty captivating

emo
>>
File: images.jpg (55 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
55 KB, 427x640
i honestly can't think of a favorite because i've mostly watched shitty cape movies recently. but i watch Patema Inverted today and it was very good
>>
the fault in our stars
such a romantic movie
>>
Session 9.

It wasn't formulaic in the slightest and the audio was spooky.

The characters were also great. A chad, a beta, a businessman, a family man, and an alpha nerd.

Never could tell if the setting was haunted or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPiqxlDoZU
>>
>>28935038
I can't believe Morgan Freeman found the rock he was talking about. I can't believe nobody fucked with the rock in all those years.
>>
>>28935056
watched it a week ago

I liked it too
>>
don't really have a favourite, but I watched taxi driver for the first time the other night after hearing much positivism about it. For me it didn't live up to the hype, but I liked deniro's character, good movie all in all

amongst other movies, blade runner, american beauty, and fight club are movies you've recommended me over the years ..

I'm into movies like The Shining, Martyrs, Oldboy, and any movie that is depresive as fuck.. robot personalities in characters are a +

Please leave me recs, I have nothing to do with my life until august and I'm in need of good movies to keep myself occupied and not thinking about an heroing
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 500x635
Frozen
Elsa is muh waifu
I spent more than $20 on an Elsa doll, and have no regrets. Last night I kissed her on the lips for the first time
>>
the good the bad and the ugly is objectively the best film in the history of the universe
>>
>>28935640
Care to elaborate? haven't watched it
>>
>>28935625
you should fuck it and scream let it go as you jizz
>>
Wild

Just a girl exploring her wild side
>>
>>28935954
that sounds rude
>>
>>28935625
agree best movie
>>
Favorite movie is Blade Runner because the atmosphere and the music gives me a really comfy feeling. Also the final monologue tears me up all the time.

My true favorite is Tron Legacy tho, that movie is aesthetic perfection.
>>
I like Black swan. Cant get enough Hershlag and she is pretty much robot tier in that movie.
>>
13 assasins or 7 samurai. Great plots and amazing swordwork. For non-samurai movies my favorite is Fight Club or Shawshank redemption.
>>
Sonatine? The leopard? Napoleon? Rashomon? Idk it's hard to pick just one.

I guess my fav is howls moving castle coz that's the one I've likely watched the most of late. And I like that one coz its top level comfy.
>>
>>28935319
>I can't believe nobody fucked with the rock in all those years.

Well, Andy obviously told Red about the rock when he know he was going to break out of prison, and only went and hid the letter there afterwards. So it was only there for a year or so (between Andy's escape and Red's release).
It's buried under a big rock in some field in the middle of nowhere, so it's not that farfetched that nobody went digging there during that time.
>>
File: there-will-be-blood-church.jpg (354 KB, 849x359) Image search: [Google]
there-will-be-blood-church.jpg
354 KB, 849x359
There Will Be Blood, because it's one of the best movies of the 21st century.
>>
File: bardem_chigurh.jpg (32 KB, 550x311) Image search: [Google]
bardem_chigurh.jpg
32 KB, 550x311
No Country For Old Men or Taxi Driver
>>
>>28935927
go watch it immediately

how the fuck have you not watched that movie
>>
Black Swan because it is good and I like it :)
>>
>>28936968
No Country For Old Men is one of the best movies I have ever seen.
Also
The Shining
The Shawshank Redemption
Fight Club
and so on, you know the classics.
>>
>>28936979
a lot of people haven't watched it. It might be one of the best movies of all time but most people don't give a shit about anything besides the next DC release.
>>
File: 12323581734.jpg (19 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
12323581734.jpg
19 KB, 640x430
Happy Gilmore and I'm not sure why. A timeless classic, no doubt.
>>
File: WakingLife_01_1[1].jpg (35 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
WakingLife_01_1[1].jpg
35 KB, 600x335
Waking Life

Because it's colorful, philosophical and always fun to rewatch.
>>
>>28937040
I'm sorry, I mostly watch old horror with Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, Vincent Price etc
>>
>>28936968
Excellent taste. Tbh found Taxi Driver to be a bit overrated, but it was still good.
>>
>>28937094
It wasn't meant to be directed directly at you but most people seemingly don't care about anything else than the next DC movie. At least the most that I have to deal with.
>>
>>28934991
Donnie Darko; never seen another film like it.
>>
>>28937162
>directed directly at you
wow wtf I am really retarded right now.
>>
I really liked that one anime movie about that kid and the dog and there was the cool fight scene at the end

But yeah I dont really watch movies
>>
>>28937040
Honestly, fuck DC movies. My roommate obsesses over them for months in advance and misses loads of good movies in the meantime.
>>
>>28937162
yeah no worries I get ya. But fuck those movies, they are in reality just fads and are not going to be very relevant after a short time. Not that I genuinly care about fads, but you get the point. They will soon be forgotten and are not of propper quality.. to me.
>>
>>28937208
>>28937332
I completely agree with you on your points but sadly DC is making so much fucking money with them that I doubt that there will be an end to it in the near future, sadly. But there are still very good movies now and then we just need to put up with the DC bullshit in the meantime until it fades into irrelevance.
>>
>>28935266
Man, saw that film on tv once years and years ago, proper spooped me back then. Gonna rewatch it soon, thanks for reminding me!
>>
Holy fuck these are all imdb "normiecore" choices.

Shwashank Redemption? Seriously?

That is such a cheesy shit film.
>>
Star Wars episode V. I like the lasers and shit. I watch movies for entertainment, not meaning.
>>
>>28937486
>STOP LIKING POPULAR THINGS!
Sup hipster faggot?
>>
>>28937486
what's your favorite movie, anon?
>>
i like there will be blood
>>
>>28937523
there are lots of good popular films.

but shawshank redemption? Star Wars? these are laughable works of "art".

If you rewlly want me to go into it i can destrpy these movies from the very core.
>>
Batman v. Superman was perfect storytelling with great action and a brilliant orchestra score. It blows my mind that people hated it (before watching it) because Affleck was cast as Batman. He's the best Batman in the history of the character.
>>
>>28937530
Persona probably
>>
File: network.jpg (240 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
network.jpg
240 KB, 1000x1500
Network

I haven't watched many movies, but Network stuck with me more than anything else.
>>
>>28937560
OP asked about your favourite movie, not which movie has the most artistic merit. Fuck off you wannabe Rodger Ebert.

>>28937574
YOU HAVE MEDDLED WITH THE PRIMAL FORCES OF NATURE MR. BEAL!
>>
File: 1258336309665.png (32 KB, 338x303) Image search: [Google]
1258336309665.png
32 KB, 338x303
>>28937566
Come on, at least try you shitlord.
>>
FIGHT CLUB
no explanation needed
>>
>>28935640
It really is though. So many amazing scenes and the badass music
>>
File: Untitled.png (281 KB, 664x360) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
281 KB, 664x360
Mishima: A life In Four Chapters.

Because it gives me that feeling of my consciousness being suspended without context in this world. No worries, no past, no future- nothing. Like life itself is a dream. I constantly felt that way till about age 10 then it all went to the shitter once stuff started mattering.

I guess you can call it getting to be free of existential inertia again. Don't know why this movie though, maybe it's the vignette style, the tapestry structure, the fan-fucking tastic score.
>>
>>28937663
BvS > Civil War
>>
>>28937716
I don't watch super hero movies because I'm not a 10 year old autist.
>>
>>28937560
Talks shit but doesn't list a movie better than what he is mocking. Typical Hipster faggot. I bet he says some obscure shit movie from the 30's.
>>
>>28937613
EL OH EL

I cant believe you, you think you can tell me whaf to FUCKING DO
YOU DONT OWN ME.
>>
>>28937742
Bet he is 30 lmao
>>
>>28937734
That's right.You're a 30 year old autist who don't need no superhero movies no mo.
>>
>>28937486
i hate that movie.

Enter The Void
>>
>>28937573
>8.1 imdb rating
Nice hypocracy you faggot
>>
The K-On! Movie is probably the greatest work of art I have ever laid my eyes on. You gotta watch the series first though.
>>
>>28934991
Frozen because Elsa is my waifu
>>
>>28937808
>complaining about how autistic superhero movies are
>on an anime message board

lel
>>
Shawshank Redemption
The Shining
Brick
Born to Kill
Flowers of the War

I think Born to Kill and Brick would be on my number one spot because I had all sorts of feels when I watched it. The type of feel where I realize I have to appreciate the life I have.
>>
Ghost in the Shell is the only movie I've watched multiple times in the last 8 years.
>>
>>28935475
Trying to think of depressing movies and none come to mind right now. There's this one i really enjoyed i can't remember the name but it was about this schizophrenic guy that had practically turned into a vegetable played by ralph fiennes. Another really good one is filth which is about a police officer with bpd. It has lots of dark humor
>>
>>28937694
the music is so good that when people think of western movies, they think of the good the bad and the ugly music. even if they have never watched that movie they still know it.
>>
>>28937073
This movie is 0/10 for me, watched it on acid and just got pissed off. I'm sure it'd be neat sober though.
>>
Blade Runner
It has a comfy setting and some interesting themes.
>>
>>28935475
these movies arent related to robots but they are must watches anyway

lawrence of arabia. do not watch this on a computer monitor. watch it on the biggest television in your house.

the good the bad and the ugly
once upon a time in the west

objectively the best westerns every made. john ford can suck a dick.

fargo
the revenant
>>
i just finnished watching amelie. Probabily on the top of my favourite movie list. Which by the way i happen to have on me right now

Enemy
Prisoners
The double
The machinist
Mr nobody
American psycho
Memento
Inception
Fight club
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Primer
Donnie darko
Moon
A history of violence
American history x
Looper
12 monkeys
Seven
Zodiac
Under the skin
The game
Mulholland drive
Vanila sky
Usual suspects
Black swan
Enter the void
Pans laberinth
Buterfly effect
Groundhog day
Filth
One flew over the ckockoo's nest
Cube
Lord of the rings
Mr bronson
Nightcrawler
Lock stock and two smocking barrels
Snatch
Layer cake
The departed
shine
croutching dragon hidden tiger
apocalypto
american beauty
sixth sense
the truman show
requiem for a dream
amelie
girl interrupted
room
the perfume
>>
File: Yellow Submarine Poster.jpg (107 KB, 500x758) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Submarine Poster.jpg
107 KB, 500x758
Loved this movie since I was a kid, still do. Comfiest movie for me, no doubt about it.
Probably seen it well over 500 times
>>
>>28938841
i think the movie i've watched the most is apocalypse now. i used to put it on every night before i went to sleep for like 3 months. i don't know why, the first 20 minutes are very relaxing...
>>
>>28938841
god i remember they showed this on tv on christmas day when i was a kid. Good times
>>
>>28938792
The OP asked for a "favourite" movie, not your top 50 you fucking faggot coon.
>>
File: zombieland-atlanta.jpg (71 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
zombieland-atlanta.jpg
71 KB, 446x299
Not even being ironic

When will part 2 come out?
>>
>>28938898
watch that language you swine. I just thought some anons would be interested in some movie recommendations and all the ones on the list get mentioned at one point or another. I already said which one was my favourite the list is just an extra
>>
>>28938584
Brick is a superb film
>>
>>28938994
Make a thread asking for a hundred recs then, you tool.
>>
Adrift in Tokyo
It's just a laid back, easygoing movie. Comfy. Relatable protagonist and enough quirky humor to distract away from some of the melancholic themes in the movie.

Excluding foreign movies, likely 12 Monkeys, Snatch, or Gladiator
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.