[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Racism is legal in America I thought it was just a meme,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: what-00061.jpg (42 KB, 712x712) Image search: [Google]
what-00061.jpg
42 KB, 712x712
>Racism is legal in America
I thought it was just a meme, but in America it's seriously a "right" to be racist.
wtf?
>>
Sure. Everyone has the right to their feelings.

Bear in mind also that if a person says racist things, everyone else also has the right to tell them they are asshats.
>>
>>28935007
Why don't they just make it illegal?
>>
>>28935060
They do in Canada, but even as a black anon i sort of disagree with that line of thinking. You cant censor someone just bc they dont agree with you, and i do believe free speech is a human right. That being said racists are obviously more likely to commit hate crimes, but if they are racist and not shooting black people then wtv. We cant force people to conform to what we think is right even if we dont agree with them. Thats dumb.
Tldr; idgaf about racists bc racism will prob always exist
>>
>>28935060
>want to make thoughtcrime a thing

Kill yourself famjam
>>
>>28935060
Where the hell are you from? Just because i don't agree with someone doesn't mean I'm going to make it illegal to have that point of view. That is disgustingly fascist.
>>
reality is racist

I look forward to the day when academia realizes this
>>
File: freedoms internally.jpg (15 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
freedoms internally.jpg
15 KB, 350x300
>>28935060
the First Amendment:
>Congress shall make no law [...] abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the right of the people peaceably to assemble
Basically the government is denied the power to tell you you can't say something, no matter how much they, or the rest of the population, hate what you say. Neo-Nazi groups, the KKK, and so on, can and do hold meetings, marches and rallies; they have a right to.

>why?
It's meant to guard against political repression and a slide back into tyranny. The other rights in the First Amendment are the freedom of religion and the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. The idea is that the government can't just ban opposition to itself. Also to ensure that if a majority of the population likes A and a minority wants B instead, the A crowd can't just make it illegal to get on a soapbox in the town square and say "This is wrong, we need to have B instead!"

>but this isn't like that, it's racism! shouldn't it be wrong everywhere always?!
Slippery slope. If it's a right to speak your mind, then that right has to be enjoyed by everyone, even if you despise what they say. If you're allowed to ban one kind of speech, tomorrow someone will come along and say we should ban another, and another.. before long, you can only say things that the government approves of, and your freedom is gone.
>>
Hey lefties: go watch two Jared Taylor speeches on Youtube and then come back here and tell me racism is wrong.
>>
>>28935060
>make racism illegal
Why don't we just sew everyones mouth shut? Jesus you other countries are cucked to hell
>>
>>28935060
What sort of cunt would want to make it illegal to say things and have opinions?

Are you a nazi?
>>
File: images.png (1 KB, 80x81) Image search: [Google]
images.png
1 KB, 80x81
>>28935158
>>28935234
>>28935241
>>28935455
>>28935500
>>28935503
>takin
>this
>bait
>>
>>28934985
>Why don't they just make it illegal?

Because that's fuckin stupid senpai

If somebody is dumb enough to be overtly racist and wants to let the world know how much they hate people, good. I want to know that shit. Thanks for making us all aware of your feelings.

Its that, versus everyone is a secret racist who just dicks over people covertly.

Racism doesn't go away just because you make saying the words illegal. And people should just shut the fuck up about their feelies, freedom of speech is a right no matter how disgusting you are. You're no just censoring words, you're censoring people, and pretending racists don't exist.
>>
>>28934985
>thoughts are dangerous
oh boy this meme again
>>
>>28934985
It's called freedom of speech. As long as you don't harass or marginalize (in a business and such) anyone, it is absolutely legal.
>>
>>28935060
BECAUSE GOD KING EMPEROR GEORGE WASHINGTON FOUGHT FOR IT, AND DON'T FORGET IT.
>>
>>28935566
well it's either good bait or its not bait. there really are a bunch of people (euros especially) that think this way. it's scary.
>>
File: nope-00015.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nope-00015.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>28935673
>>28935631
>>28935603
>>28935572
>>28935503
>>28935500
>>28935455
>>28935241
>>28935234
>>28935158
So using your logic, if I tell someone how to make a bomb I shouldn't be punished? How about if I start talking about harming a public official. Should that be legal too?
You already can't yell "Fire" in a theatre, so why are you trying to hide behind "freedom of speech" when it comes to racism?
This is why people think Yanks are stupid.
>>
>>28935774
You can talk about harming a public official though. For instance you can say the statement, "I am going to kill President Barack Obama" as long as you make it clear that you aren't actually going to kill him. I could say "I am going cut President Barack Obama's head off with a machete" as long as it is clear that you aren't actually going to do that and it was just a statement about how you can't say that and be serious. I just did it twice. As for making a bomb, I am pretty sure you can learn about the basics of combustion in chemistry class and piece things together on your own anyways. As for yelling fire in a theatre, yeah well a theatre is a privately owned building so they can kick you out for any reason and theatres aren't exactly forums for speaking you are supposed to watch a movie and be quiet.
>>
>>28935158

I always knew it was the niggers who shitposted without punctuation or capitalizing.
>>
>>28935774
Of course you shouldn't be punished for teaching someone how to make a bomb. You're not making it. Besides, they'll teach you all sorts of potentially dangerous stuff in fucking school.

If you go to med school, you'll be taught all sorts of poisons and horrible methods to kill people. Learn chemistry and you'll learn all about explosive compounds.
Should teachers be jailed for that?

And yelling "fire" in a crowded place when there is no fire is just stupid. It doesn't mean you should outlaw everything.
>>
>>28935774
pretending the rest of the world isn't racist as all hell
>>
>>28935774
It's a matter of principle. The benefits associated with free speech outweighs the danger a millionfold.
>>
>>28934985
Because muh freedoms

If someone is being a nigger, I have a right to call them a nigger
>>
>>28935774
Yeah you stupid fucking nigger. This is the reason why Europe is a hell hole
>>
>>28935455

You see how that worked out for 2A. The Constitution is a joke and the great experiment ended with the beginning of the war of northern aggression.
>>
File: Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png (49 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png
49 KB, 2000x1333
>>28934985
>Racism is legal in America
Truly, America one of the greatest country in the 21th century.
>>
File: 1455755052680.png (121 KB, 553x585) Image search: [Google]
1455755052680.png
121 KB, 553x585
Go ahead and try to define what a racist action is, im SURE it wont be incredibly easy to exploit by authority to fuck over whoever they want or used by the left to rid of the right
>>
>>28934985
>trusting your governments enough to let them determine what is or isn't legal to believe in and police their citizens thoughts

you would think leftists would learn something from history but I guess they wouldn't be leftists if they were able to actually think things through
>>
>>28936253

America is the greatest, the one and only great country. I would like to know why you posted my states flag though. When referring to America you would be more accurate in posting a picture of the Union's flag.
>>
>>28935455
Unless that speech is loli manga. Fucking fascist pigs.
>>
Miles stop shitposting you nerd.
>>
In what fucked up part of the world is it against the law to have these kind of opinions?
>>
File: 1436800100716.jpg (316 KB, 637x900) Image search: [Google]
1436800100716.jpg
316 KB, 637x900
it's also "wrong" to like lolis
>>
>>28936769

If liking lolis is wrong I don't want to be right
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.