[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know that girl you've always wanted, the girl of your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: artifacts.jpg (40 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
artifacts.jpg
40 KB, 600x563
You know that girl you've always wanted, the girl of your dreams, my fellow robots?

She's your qt dear gf in a parallel universe. And she loves you above anything. Isn't it great to think about it?
>>
It's useless to think about. That me isn't me. Only I am me. That me is his own individual.
>>
>>28933125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVhU5x3TVo
>>
>>28933125
The possibilities are endless, my friend. What defines your "self"?
>>
>>28933092
>Tfw a literal clone has achieved that while i'm here posting memes.
Just end my life.
>>
>>28933294
The continuation of my thought processes, in this location spacially and temporally.

If that me was also me, then I'd share his experiences. The fact that he has different experiences than me is proof that he is his own being.

The best you can say about parallel yous, is that they share the same role in the universe.
>>
>>28933092
This fucking reminds me of a picture, where there was an anime girl or whatever who always dreamt about being with you and doing all kinds of stuff
>>
>>28933092
Why do people use parallel and alternate interchangeably
Surely to god it would be alternate universe, parallel implies it similar to this one
>>
>>28933706
Parallel implies branching timelines that don't intersect. They are still alternate, even if they are exactly the same.
>>
>>28933294
The only concept of self one can point out across multiple universes is having a specific DNA pattern, that's it. This is why alternate reality talk will always be pointless "what if" banter. Talking about what if you were born a Chad and an alternate reality where you are Chad holds the exact same amount of impact on your real life. A Chad you is never going to be "You" unless you already are one.
>>
>>28933922
You could actually have different DNA and still be exactly the same though

DNA is degenerate in nature therefore some base triplet codes code for the same amino acid which produces the same DNA therefore you're DNA could be altered and produce th exact same genotype and consequently phenotype

Not to mention the majority of our DNA is junk DNA that codes for nothing (about 80% I think) and our junk DNA could just be randomised and produce the same person because junk DNA does fuck all
>>
>>28934018
Meant to say the same protein, not DNA
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.