[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if we as humans were never meant to be the protagonists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 2312423325.jpg (82 KB, 250x195) Image search: [Google]
2312423325.jpg
82 KB, 250x195
What if we as humans were never meant to be the protagonists of this story? What if we're just here to be the ones to create them?
>>
>>28932933
meh, not really deep
>>
>implying the bots' role is to turn the universe into computer turds
>implying it's not to be my personal sperm toilet
>>
File: 9765976.jpg (45 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
9765976.jpg
45 KB, 850x400
>>28933009
The moment we create a self improving coscious machines, the focus of the universe will fall on them, we'll be nothing but ants then.
>>
>implying there is a protagonist
i think when the computers reach the ASI level, we will have already found a way to connect our minds to computers, so basicly they will be our heritage(the neanderthal-homo sapien analogy seems plausible for this)
>>
>>28933184
why would they need or even want us?
the second the singularity is reached, we'll have nothing to offer
>>
>>28933225
-we will be transferred to them before the singularity
-they will want what we programmed them to want

it is a very unlikely situation for an ai to gain consciousness and go rogue.
firstly because they are after all what we create them to be
secondly, even if in a very unlikely situation ai started to build itself without human supervision, they would not have much of a reason to go rogue
at most they would take what they needed, not caring about a few puny humans.
>>
>>28933370
u sure we'd even have enough time to do that?
The singularity seems awfully close.
>>
>>28933370
We dont even know what consciousness is.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.