[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are most people psychopaths?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: web.jpg (98 KB, 369x327) Image search: [Google]
web.jpg
98 KB, 369x327
Do you think most people lack a conscience? The ability to empathise with others?

If not most, then what fraction?
>>
you're an idiot, bloxblox
>>
People have empathy for normal people and animals

They certainly don't care about you or the 8 homeless men they saw on their way to work/school
>>
>>28931659
White people are the only people with a conscience.
>>
>>28931727

Some people clearly do care about the homeless. After all, there exist homeless shelters, soup kitchens, etc.

The most popular religion, Christianity, makes helping the homeless a religious obligation.

It is also an obligation in Buddhism and probably some other religions as well.
>>
>>28931689
it's not idiotic there's a whole theory on this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie
>>
>>28931771
So for those religious people if the Bible or some fat Asian didn't tell them to help them they wouldn't?
>>
>>28931659
I think the word you are looking for is sociopath Anon
>>
>>28931838

>So for those religious people if the Bible or some fat Asian didn't tell them to help them they wouldn't?

I don't know. What do you think?

Why is that precept in there to begin with, anyway?

If Jesus and/or Buddha didn't value the poor, then clearly they would not have said to help them.

So clearly at least some people care about the poor even if they're not told to (Jesus, Buddha, etc).
>>
>>28931659
You're really fucking stupid. Are you a nigger?
>>
>>28931806
>>28931871
i take you didn't read this either
>>
>>28931659
You have it the wrong way round.
Normies don't like me because I can't empathise with others.
>>
Personally I get pretty emotional whenever I think about other people's and animal's unfortunate circumstances. Depending on what it is I may even cry. Overall though I feel like most people I talk to just don't care about anyone but themselves.
>>
>>28931659
People care about people who can help themselves. Because that makes them valuable.

People only care about people with value to them, to others, or to society. Look at any social circle/environment and you'll see that pattern. The one everyone likes brings the most to the table.
>>
>>28933052

Maybe you have high empathy for others.
>>
>>28933253

So what about me if it's totally the opposite? Even when relatives die i practically give zero fucks outside of mild annoyance i'll have to attend a funeral.
>>
>>28931727
>animals

*certain kinds of animals

If you are not Chad, Stacy, Rover or Mittens normies DO NOT GIVE A FUCK about you.
>>
File: 2016-05-30-21-09-44-941938111.jpg (4 KB, 175x160) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-30-21-09-44-941938111.jpg
4 KB, 175x160
>Normies who say they have "empathy" for animals rather than "sympathy"

It boils me how they can be so selfishly wrong...
>>
>>28931806
>philosophical zombie
Kek

Pretty much describes this whole board of generally inexperienced NEETs.
>>
>>28933253
Empathy =/= sympathy

Empathy is when you understand other people's emotions

Sympathy is when you feel other people's emotion like they were your own
>>
>>28931806
nigga u misanalysed that shit but for real most normies have >muh moral codes and follow >muh humane behavior, all of which is constructed btw
so, historically, psychopathy might be "normal," but these days it's not for obvious reasons
as for the whole "i'm the only sentient being" shit, just go full solipsist and an hero
>>
Most people, in my experience, can only empathize with specific groups or subgroups of people. People who think similarly to them or are in similar situations.

I wouldn't say they're psychopaths, but they often don't bother to take the other side or deal with people and ideas that aren't immediately relevant to them. Tunnel vision or something like that.
>>
If spiders stay up too many nights on Benzedrine, do they start seeing little tiny humans crawling all over the walls and feeling them inside their arms?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.